z

Young Writers Society



Praise the Goddess

by kyleewilson


Oh how I seek, Oh how I pray,
My dear Goddess come to me when I need help,
See me when I am hidden,
Bring me good health,
Please forgive me if I disobey you.

I promise to respect and honor you,
I will show you that I am worthy of your power,
I truly believe in your greatness,
I shall praise you, The Goddess,
You are my one and only belief,
I shall not fail The Goddess.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
98 Reviews


Points: 1155
Reviews: 98

Donate
Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:45 am
chasingcolts21 wrote a review...



Hello! I'm Colt :P

Welcome to YWS! It's nice to meet you. If you need help around here, feel free to private message (PM) me.

I see you are new and all, so you probably don't know the rules. First off, YWS has a strict rule that for every piece of work you post, you must have reviewed to pieces of work. This is an important rule. I know it sounds cheesy, but YWS couldn't function as well without this rule. If everyone just posted their work and reviewed none, there wouldn't be a point to this site. The point, I believe, is to further strengthen our abilities and skills as writers through editing and writing.

Oh how I seek, Oh how I pray, (I would indent Oh how I pray, or at least lower case it)

My dear Goddess come to me when I need help,

See me when I am hidden,

Bring me good health,

Please forgive me if I disobey you.


This stanza just seems to not flow very well to me....I don't know, it might just be me, but be careful with that.

I promise to respect and honor you,

I will show you that I am worthy of your power,

I truly believe in your greatness,
(I would look up a synonym for greatness, it doesn't seem well here)

I shall praise you, The Goddess, (I think The should be my)

You are my one and only belief,

I shall not fail The Goddess.

Overall, this was pretty good. I couldn't tell what emotion or feeling you were trying to get across. So then was this on Wicca? I did research on that religion, there's more than one god, goddess, and the several deities. I liked it though; short and sweet.

Bravo!





It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27