Like a flower

by krissigalea

Friends are like diamonds
That taste better than almonds
A friend is like a flower
Which rises beautifully upon every hour.

A true friend is hard to find
Which takes time to find in line
But when the moment comes
The person you’ve been waiting for arrives.

Black black
Everything turns black
When the most person you love
Fades like a flower in the rough.

Like a flower you become lonely
Like the waves you start moaning
Knowing that there’s no one in this world
That makes you strong like a sword.

The past is gone
But the memories are not
They are trapped in your mind
Which can find no way out.

You start asking yourself
Why this life has to end like that
No life, no joy, no happiness anymore
Feeling lonely and feeling lost.

You also start realising
That like a flower we cost nothing
A flower’s life begins and ends with a seed
And we also follow that lead.

-Written by Kristina Galea
All Rights Reserved (c)

arianaSarroyo wrote a review...

Hey there! I must open this review by saying nice work. Your comparisons here are splendid. You did a very nice job describing what a friend was truly like. I really liked when you said, "a flower's life begins and ends with a seed and we also follow that lead". I thought it was a great way to end this piece, with a nice analogy and a rhyme that fit. This poem was a pleasure to read. Well done.

krissigalea says...

thanks so much!!:D

Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 pm
lyricalrebel wrote a review...

Hi, lyricalrebel here to make a review of your poem :)
The main objective of this poem is comparison and you have completed that successfully. The emotions are real! It gives an essence of satisfaction to the readers. The flow is good and you broke the lines properly. But one tip to you, I'm the kind of writer who looks at the title and see if it attracts my attention and curiosity. Make the title more interesting, okay? :) Say, "Life is a Flower"
All in all your piece of work is magnificent and I gread more of your work. Keep on writing my friend! ;)

Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:30 pm
speakout247 says...

Wow, that was awesome!

krissigalea says...

Thanks!!

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:35 pm
InfinityAndBeyond wrote a review...

Hi there, Infinity here to review!

Well what a wonderful poem you have here. I really enjoyed reading it, I liked the idea of this, the creativity, thought and simplicity. I also loved the imagery you tried to create. As much as I like this poem however, there is always room for improvement, so I have some suggestions to make that may help improve your poem further. There are a few issues concerning the flow of the poem at times, perhaps that is due to the rhyme scheme at times, which works at certain points but it doesn't work well in other places also some slight grammatical errors.

"Friends are like diamonds
That taste better than almonds
A friend is like a flower
Which rises beautifully upon every hour."

The first line is good, but the second line is kind of an awkward description, to see your friends as almonds strange to view them as a taste the rhyming was forced in that I think. I like the rest of this stanza though.

"A true friend is hard to find
Which takes time to find in line
But when the moment comes
The person you’ve been waiting for arrives."

Here, the second line is very very forced and doesn't flow very well. The last line is a bit long perhaps "the awaited person arrives?

"Black black
Everything turns black
When the most person you love
Fades like a flower in the rough"

Well this stanza caught me by surprise it wasn't really related to the other two stanzas, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. You moved on fast from talking about friends, waiting for the right friend, then you go onto the person you love, then flowers it got a but confusing.

"Like a flower you become lonely
Like the waves you start moaning
That makes you strong like a sword."

Here, I'm not sure if a flower was the right symbol of loneliness as they usually grow in bunches, or are given in bunches, maybe "Like a single rose, you become lonely" ? if you still want to keep the flower theme.

"You also start realising
That like a flower we cost nothing
And we also follow that lead."

This was my favorite stanza in your poem, but a minor things is the spelling should be "realizing"

Overall a good poem, keep writing!
Hope I was of help to you.

-Infinity x

krissigalea says...

Thankyou so musch for your feedback Infinity :) I like your suggestions!

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg