Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Satire

An idiotic piece about love

by kligjo

Love is stupid backwards. For you see stupid backwards is diputs. And that doesn’t make any sense. Neither does love. I mean what is love? Let’s see! Can you describe it? No, you can’t. Most you hear from people is that you’ll just know when you’re in love. I mean you do, but that isn’t really a description. But that’s not the only way you hear love being defined. You hear that it’s the most beautiful thing, yet so painful at the same time. That it’s the feeling of your heart being stabbed, yet still feeling so warm. 

So if I’m somebody kicks my leg, somebody I trusted, and then tells me that my eyes are beautiful, then am I in love? Kicking is painful, and it even hurts my heart that it was somebody I knew well. And a compliment is heartwarming. To be honest that hasn’t happened to me, but I doubt love is what I’d feel. More like angry and betrayed. But if that has happened to you please do tell me what you! But alright. I hear you. It’s a certain type of pain and beautifulness at the same time, right? Then we are back to square one. You can’t describe that pain. Nor that beautifulness. And still why pain? If love is really so magical and good, then why do we fell pain? Is it only unfulfilled love?

Let’s look at it from another angle then! Let’s say that love is but a chemical reaction. Because it is. But the question still remains! Why is love indescribable? I mean every single chemical reaction I have ever seen could be described perfectly well, with a definition and all, but as I discussed that isn’t the case here. To be fair I’m not a chemist, but then why is love subjective? Any and all chemical reaction I have seen was a happening. It happened and it always happens like that. So then why don’t we all fall for the same persons? It’s the human element right? But then can we still call it a reaction? I mean what happens inside with your dopamine and stuff is the same, but it’s just not true from a human level.

So then what is it? I’ll tell you. Love is a word. A word made by humans. A word that dominates most people’s daily lives, but we don’t know what it is. Love is black and white. Love is painful and magnificent. Love is the golden middle road and both extremes. Love is a force of nature and a feeling. Depending on who you are love can be all of those and none of them. It can be more, it can be less. Love is basically fairy tale magic in the real world, without the fairy tale part. So there. I was wrong. Love is not stupid backwards, it’s just stupid. Love is truly stupid. Yet absolutely fantastic.

Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:13 pm
dystopianmonkey01 wrote a review...

I particularly enjoy how you link your own opinions, the subjectivity, to the objectivity of love and how we care more about salvation than that of finding true happiness.

Your prejudice against love is really interesting because it tells a story in itself; of course, there is always a reason behind people's opinions but for it to be about love is interesting

Overall a very deep, emotional piece that many people can connect to, that's what I love about some poetry and writing. Most people say "YOU HAVE TO CREATE A DIRECT STORYLINE ABOUT TWO PEOPLE NOT NECESSARILY IN GENERAL BLAH BLAH" but I completely disagree; why yes, for it to be a ballad about a lovestruck couple of course you will go "awww" but if it's about something broad (like your topic: love) then people like me, like your neighbour, like Kim Jon Un can relate, and thats what counts. :) - Tiana

kligjo says...

Hey Tiana!
I'm really glad you enjoyed my work! It seems you hit the nail on the head with most things that I was trying to say. And if the day comes, I do hope Kim Jong Un will relate to me.
With Love
Kligjo

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 pm
Snoops wrote a review...

Hey Hey!

How are you? Ready for a review?

Mostly, I was laughing at nearly all of this! I have never truly fallen in love yet, I mean I've dated, but really fallen in love--never. So I can understand what you're telling me very much so.

Now onto little things:

"(just to cover both physical and metaphysical pain)" This phrase weakens the paragraph, feels more like an author note or a justification and, a bit of advice, the best thing to do is, to scrap it.

"But if that has happened to somebody please do tell me what you felt." Maybe really ask it! This essay feels like you're talking or ranting to me, so ask me the question: "Has this happened to anyone? If so, please tell me." Something like that.

The first paragraph feels like a big chunk, maybe cut it in half? It helps us bad sighted. :)

"Then we are back to square one. You can’t describe that pain. Nor that beautifulness. And still why pain? If love is really so magical and good, then why do we fell pain? Is it only unfulfilled love?" All I wanted to say was that this paragraph here was my absolute favourite. I really enjoy it and it sticks everything perfectly.

"At the end of the day, I hate love. It’s a conundrum that is never to be figured out. I especially loathe it when it’s unfulfilled. But goddamn it if I am not thankful for every time I have ever been in love. Without it I wouldn’t be who I am. " This feels like extra. Unnecessary extra, the paragraph before this finished it so nicely, this doesn't do anything to the story.

Overall thoughts: I laughed a lot. A lot a lot. Thanks for making this and I really enjoyed reading it.

Love,
Lau

kligjo says...

Hello Lau!
Thank you so much for this review and your kind words. I'm really glad you enjoyed my work! I took your advices into consideration and altered the text as such. You were especially right about the last paragraph. I probably didn't catch the unnecessity of it, because, well for the reasons this whole essay came to be. Once again, thank you!
With many thanks,
Kligjo

Snoops says...

I read it again! It's great! Good job!

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton