The Stereotypical High School Love Story: The Documentary

by kiraaaaaaaaaa

Now we have two human teenagers in their natural/unnatural/uncomfortable habitat, high school. Here we see a male teen trying to court a female teen. It is amazing trying to watch such different types of humans trying to communicate with each other. The male teen is an awkward, socially inept type of human and the female teen is a beautiful, socially popular type of human who has no problem making friends and getting the attention of other male teens. This male teen will have a problem trying to get passed the other possible suitors and the female’s pack to get to the female teen and ask her about a dance that will help with the courting ritual.

The first step to trying to court the female teen is trying to get close enough to the female to ask. The male teen slowly walking up to the female teen. You see how awkward he is as he trips and stumbles along. He grips his backpack and wipes his hand on his jeans, this is a tell-tell sign that he is really nervous. The female teen has her back turned toward the awkward male so she is oblivious to the mess that is behind her. The male teen takes a deep breathe and taps the female’s shoulder. The female teen turns around and smiles at the male. If you are quiet enough, you can hear the male’s heart beating really fast. But before the male could get out his question the female’s pack came and led her away. The male teen is sad, you can tell by the face. See how it falls when he realizes his chance is gone. One of the male teen’s friends comes up behind him, you see as the male teen lost his chance with the female teen the male’s friend will try and cheer up. The friend will say something about not being rejected and that this dance is not important. But the friend will realize that his speech will fall on deaf ears and the male teen is now extra determined to ask the female teen to the dance. Then the friend will give up on trying to stop the male teen. You see the expression one would call “absolutely done” appear on the friend’s face as the male teen thinks of a new plan to win the heart of the female teen.

It takes a couple days for the male teen to come up with another plan to ask out the female teen. This time he plans on giving the female a gift, instead of following the other male teens’ example and trying to impress the female teen with their muscles and expensive cars. Seeing as the female teen is almost always with her pack, the male teen had to find a way to get the female alone. Once that happens the male will give his gift and ask the female teen to the dance. He will have to be quick as seeing the dance is only a couple days away and almost all the other male teens are trying to ask the female teen to the dance.

The female has accepted the gift from the male teen and has agreed to go to the dance. Now the male teen will experience the emotions called anxiety and stress. According to the traditions of the dance, the male teens that have successfully gotten a ‘date’ to the dance will have to get an article of clothing called a ‘Suit’ and will have to pick up their said ‘date’ to take them to the dance. As you can see the male teen here as just arrived at the female teen’s home and you can see the fear on the male teen’s face when the female’s father opens the door. It is a custom for the father of the female teen to try and see if the male teen is good enough for his daughter. So in the painfully awkward and terrifying situation the male teen is sitting on the couch and the father is sitting on the armrest. They hear someone walking down the steps. Look at how they perk up and face the stairs. Watch as they stand to meet the female teen. Look at the awed face of the male teen as he sees the female teen in a long, blue dress. The mother of the female teen insists on having photos taken as it is a tradition for these dances. After many photos later the male and female teen get into the male’s mode of transportation, his car. It is an awkwardly silent ride at first, but the two teens started to talk about mundane things and by the time they get to the dance, they have been laughing so much that the fat on the side of their faces hurt.

The Dance. It is a socially situation that involves being in front of other teens and being judged. Not a place one would see an socially inept teen such as the male teen. But as you see the female teen is really excited about it so the male teen just goes with her. You see as they take what people call “prom photos” they start posing weird for the photos. After that they go and meet some of the female’s pack to talk. See how the female perks up when a particular song blares over the speaker. The male teen feels a pull at his arm and then is yanked to the dance floor. He watches as the female teen dances around him and starts to dance with her. They talk and laugh throughout the night and by the last slow song, they were more than tired. But, if his face is anything to go by, it was a successful night. 

Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:34 pm
camusic says...

This was the best thing I've read in a long time keep writing!

I'm never going to not laugh at this. It's seriously hilarious. The "absolutely done" part was my favorite. Anyway, keep writing!

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm
CocoaCat says...

Literally beautiful, I was laughing the whole way through!

Aww thanks!!

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:58 pm
LKSpinoza wrote a review...

A male human being looks at a recent (not too recent) short story called (wait let me copy and paste, I'm too lazy otherwise) The Stereotypical High School Love Story: The Documentary
and clicks on it to read. a male human reads a short story probably written by a female teen.
and figures out that he likes it. But he also (in he a male human being means a male human being) thinks that it's too general and if a male teen and female teen would have had names would have been way better. A male human being understands what a female teen writer tries to describe by writing this ways, which is what male teen and female teens do is merely because of what society expects from them. That the reason of the way they behave is the inclination society has towards them. But because human being is emotional (doesn't matter if it's a male or a female. actually it does but difference in this case is too small to mention) my advice would be making it more personal which means less general :D
in any case male human being liked it and keep a great job.

Female teen writer appreciates the review that the male reader wrote and will think about it. Female teen writer will try out the suggestion.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 pm
zaminami says...

EVERYBODY LIKE THIS

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

i will never not love this

Awww thanks!

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm
zaminami says...

you're the only one preventing lake from taking over

should I be scared??????? Is something gonna happen to me????

zaminami says...

nah keep doing what you're doing

don't let them take over, kira. you're our only hope

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm
izabella753 wrote a review...

I think this is a hilarious take on the famous social situations high schoolers face. It’s stereotypical, but still engaging. I really enjoyed the little plot twists too. I tried reading this in an Australia accent, kind of like Steve Irwin’s voice and it made it even more funny. I really want to read more so please keep up the great writing!!!

zaminami says...

**can't relate to this because I = middle school and I = girlfriend but will review asap because this is genius**

ellasnotebook says...

(I'm having intense flashbacks to my awful fake Australian accent)

I'm sorry for putting you through that.

It was fun tho lol now I can say I read your short story in an Australian accent to our entire English class like #lifegoals amirite

zaminami says...

g'day ellasnotebook

G'day mATE demongoddess

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn