z

Young Writers Society



The after shock

by jumping_jacks142


I hit the cement, hard. I didn’t know what was happening, I couldn’t remember anything. I couldn’t see straight, in fact, I couldn’t see at all. All I heard was an ambulance siren, it was getting closer. I couldn’t see anyone but I could hear voices. I didn’t recognize them, but they sounded familiar, and I couldn’t think of from where. My head hurt and it was hard to breathe, I didn’t even know if I was breathing. Finally the ambulance arrived, or at least I think it did, the siren was louder then it was just a few minutes ago. I kept on wondering who they were coming for… who? But then I realized that they had come for me. I didn’t know what had happened, all I remembered was driving in my car with Davy in the backseat and Chris right next to me. The next thing I knew was he was screaming at me to wake up. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t see and it felt like there was at least a couple hundred pounds on my leg. He was screaming at me to get up. I couldn’t talk to him, couldn’t tell him I can’t move, that I can’t see. After that last thought I passed out. I didn’t know how long I was out for, or how I passed out. But when I woke up, I saw a bright light… I heard people say I was dead. But I wasn’t sure if the light was heaven, hell, or just a bright light in my eyes, but I didn’t want to find out either. The light hurt my head, even though I could barely see it…

I woke up drenching with sweat, again. That’s the forth time this week I’ve relived what happened two years ago. Well what you are probably wondering is what happened. Well I could tell you that I just crashed my car, (my brand new Lamborghini Diablo!) but then I would be lying. What really happened was that a couple of days before that in Violate there was an earthquake… everyone was expecting the after-shock but it never came. So a vouple of days later, I was thinking that it wouldn’t come, I took my boyfriend and his little brother out bowling and on the way back, it came. I woke up in the hospital a couple of days later. They told me that I had 3 broken ribs, a broken arm, and a broken leg. I also found out that Traci, my roommate and best friend, came and helped took care of me while I was passed out. She and Chris were so good to me. I didn’t know why, but I just didn’t like the feel of having to be waited on hand and foot, especially by my boyfriend, who wanted to do it. Traci eventually gave up trying to fight me, because she knew that when I got my strength back, then I would have made her pay. I didn’t know what I could do to get Chris to stop… Davy had been helping too, but he had yet to get his brother to stop. Davy wanted me to be happy, and to be able to move freely again. But I just couldn’t do it with his brother as ways asking me if I needed something to eat, if I needed a blanket, or if I was cold. But we finally convinced him to leave me alone and only do stuff if I asked for it. Even then I got kind of annoyed because he would make sure everything was perfect. But it was nice. At least he would help me out.

But through the times he would help out I would become less and less fond of him… sometimes I wouldn’t even want him around. I know I love him I really do but… well he would just make me mad at times. Sometimes when I was alone or when Chris went to go do something for me I would think, “What if this has happened to show me that Chris isn’t the one. That Chris and I aren’t meant to be together?” but then I would think…”Who else? Anyone else than Chris that I like doesn’t like me back or they don’t even know I exist.” it would always turn out that I ended up forgiving him but it was because something inside of me snaps. But I still remember what happened the last time…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****Flash Back****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me standing in the kitchen and Chris watching from the doorway making sure I don’t do anything wrong. I was looking in the freezer to see if we had any ice cream, but of course we didn’t. so I ask Chris if he or Davy wanted to go and get me some. But none of us knows where Davy is and Chris doesn’t want to leave me so I told him just to get Spencer, my friend, and he could watch me if he doesn’t want me to be left alone. But he said no because he doesn’t like Spencer. And he and I got into this big fight, plates getting thrown, glass shattering, us screaming. All because of Spencer, eventually he gave up fighting and went and got Spencer. But when he got back we got in another fight because he got me the wrong ice cream and he started yelling and not talking to me…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********End Flash Back********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I only remember up to that point. The only other thing I remember is that I ended up not being Spencer’s friend any more. And all I have left to remember that is a scar from an open flame. I just don’t know how I got it. The scar still hurts and every time I remember what happened with Chris it burns. It burns like the flame is still on it. But every time I look its still there, the scar but it’s red. Not burn read, but blood red. Every time I see it I try to touch the blood. But the blood is never really there. The redness of the spot has the glossiness of blood, it also looks as smooth as glass… but nothing is never really there besides the deep scar.

Chris and I broke up shortly after the fight. And now the scar burns heavily every time I remember him, because he is now going out with my cousin Anishia. All of my friends were shocked when they found out. And they all keep saying that it is wrong but they never do anything about it. Every time I see them go by all of my friends ask if anything is wrong. I always reply, “Nothing… nothings wrong.” but they never believe me… they always sat that there is something wrong… that they can see it in my eyes.

I never wanted anything to happen to them but… something did. Not long after I confessed to my friends that I still liked him. Anishia got jumped. I never found out who did it. But all I know is that it was all over school. Everyone blamed me, said I did it. But I was just as shocked as they were when they found out. All her friends looked at me funny. None of them every really liked me so it didn’t matter. But then my own friends started to get scared and didn’t want to be around me alone or to say something that might offend me. They thought I was the one who did it… they thought I was the monster that put her into a coma.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
67 Reviews


Points: 590
Reviews: 67

Donate
Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:05 am
EstelPax says...



This isn't poetry it's a story!!!!!




User avatar
113 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 113

Donate
Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:14 pm
writergirl007 wrote a review...



A little confusing, but good. I think you should change tenses to make it more interesting. Don't need the Flash back. Just simply put dots across or something else to indicate it is past tense. The end is also confusing explain a little more or elaborate on what your main theme is. Sir Writergirl




User avatar
657 Reviews


Points: 6523
Reviews: 657

Donate
Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:16 am
Jennafina wrote a review...



Please format your work. It's so hard to read when it's all bunched up. I lost my place about twenty times. Add a lot more paragraphs and I gaurentee that you'll get more reviews.

Some of your sentences really don't make sense. Durring the first flash back your thoughts seem jumbled together. If this is supposed to represent the girl's pain, it doesn't really show. It just seems like your character doesn't know what she's talking about. If it hurts, say so simply. You don't need such an excess of description.

Also, most of your sentences are in the same format. (I did this, I couldn't see that, I heard this, etc.) It would be more interesting if you changed some of them.

If the girl died, how is she alive now?

Okay, so it was a dream. I don't really understand what caused her accident, but maybe that's just because I was lost in the second paragraph.

Please spell out your numbers. (3 should be three.)

If this were a plot outline, it would be okay to use those flashback dividers, but since this is an actual story, that is not okay. It should be obvious that it's a flashback, you shouldn't have to interrupt your story to say so. Italics would work, like Miss Priss said. I think it would be cool if instead of all in one block, you divided up the flashback into shorter sections.

I don't get the plot of this story, and I can't tell if it's done or not. At first it seems like it's about the narrator's accident, then it seems like it's about her friend troubles, and by the end it seems like it's going to be about Anishia and who put her into a coma. Maybe you could focus more on what's most relevant?

I hope I don't sound too harsh. Good luck editing this, and keep writing!

-Jenna




Random avatar

Points: 890
Reviews: 82

Donate
Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:55 pm
misspriss says...



You don't need the

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****Flash Back****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~********End Flash Back********~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just put that in Italics and make sure to put the ...'s.





You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time