Technology of life

by johnemmanuel

by John Emmanuel S. Malapit

"Technology of life"

Does technology play a great role in our life? This is a question that I keep wondering in myself, why it is technology really important for us. As far as I know, I can answer the word “yes”, because without technology our life will be harder than we thought. But even it’s harder at least we grow up not relying only on technology. We know, people now are too much depending on the modern technology. Technology helps us in our work to be easier, but if we use technology too much this will give us bad effects. Like destruction, war, and most of all the health problems. Thus, technology has disadvantages too that somehow brings negative effects to humans such as; addiction, pollution, danger, and overdependence.

“Computer games carry some big downsides”. This wonderful line was written by Silver, (2013). Computer games can be addictive especially to the children. In fact, studies conducted by experts around the world proved that too much addiction to computer games causes poor social and athletic skills for them. Skills that they need to have a happy and healthy life.Computer games should not overcome us to have a better life. Computer games are not the only problem that the world has, also our digital divide at home. Digital divide that causing the children to be addicted in i-pads, computer, x box, and Psp. Therefore,we should avoid too much using of computer games and digital divide.

“What I was most surprised about was how trash affects your life”. This is the quotation mark in my mind about environment .My life that surprised me how trashes affects our life and the pollution that causing a great effect on our environment. The air pollution and solid waste that mostly coming from factories and cars. “Air pollution that causing diseases likedementia and this are the causes of having dementia such as; PCs, mobile phones, chemicals and electronic devices for the shift” .This interesting idea was based on Reilly, (2013). Solid waste that cause of some tractors and factories by putting trashes everywhere. By these ideas I can infer that air pollution and solid waste has really negative effects on human beings.

Being careless is one of the causes of having danger in our life and all of us know it. “Than in itself would be just the way society is changing but when it impacts our health and can make us ill with brain and mouth tumors than it’s time to wake up”. This highly influential article was written by Hardman, (2010).The meaning of this article is we should be aware of the effects of our gadgets, cell phones and machinery to our health.Health that we should protect to the effect of the radiation of our phones. Carelessness is the cause danger, danger that will lead us to our death. Now, we can say that cell phone and being careless are one of the causes of danger.

Doing what is good is not a hard thing to do because if you want it no one can stop you. But some people still use computers to get an advice, use machines for his/her work, use cars even it’s not required to use it and because of this we don’t really know what will happen next if it’s right or wrong .This are the causes why many people are overdependence on our modern technology. “What surprises me is that some people are totally dependent on it and have no plan B, and no backup.” This wonderful line was written by Singham, (2011) .This line really catches my eye, because I remember that we should always know that is nobody is perfect even it’s a form of the modern technology. Based from these ideas we can tell that machines and automobiles are the causes of being overdependence on technology.

Our life should not be control by the modern technology. Because our life depends on us, even there’s a problem we don’t need to give up and just rely on technology. It is our life and it’s our decisions to make. The disadvantages of technology that we should avoid and now we know it, that’s why we need to do it.Addiction that cause of computer games and initial divide. Pollution that is cause of air pollution and solid waste .Danger that is cause of using cell phone and carelessness .Finally, the last but the least overdependence that is cause of machines and automobiles .Now I can conclude that the disadvantages of technology such as; addiction, pollution, danger and overdependence are really has negative effects on our modern life.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:05 am
oliver says...

it is an interesting one.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 pm
JaynethJayla says...

You've clearly explained the ideas but some parts have corrections.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:18 pm
JioPaolo says...

Nice essay. Keep it up!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:49 pm
nadinefampo wrote a review...

"Our life should not be control by the modern technology. Because our life depends on us, even there’s a problem we don’t need to give up and just rely on technology. " you may change this to
Our life must not be controlled by the modern technology, because we are the ones who has the free-will to depend on the technology or not.

"The disadvantages of technology that we should avoid and now we know it, that’s why we need to do it." change this to
We must be aware of the negative effects of technology and on what aspects we must limit ourselves using it.

"Finally, the last but the least overdependence that is cause of machines and automobiles "
There's no such word as overdependence. And it is wrong that you've put FINALLY and LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST together.

Change this to
Lastly, relying too much on machines and automobiles is not a good practice.

"Now I can conclude that the disadvantages of technology such as; addiction, pollution, danger and overdependence are really has negative effects on our modern life."

Must be changed to
The negative effects of technology such as addiction, pollution, danger, and overdependence have detrimental effects for today.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:42 pm
kingteejay8 says...

I love it. You've made an excellent essay. Job well done. :D

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:33 pm
MarkAtienza says...

I like how you put a cause and effect in your essay. LIke it

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:13 pm
Raymund says...

great cons about technology. :D

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:58 pm
johnemmanuel says...

Thank you for your wonderful comments guys! :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm
kedjil says...

"As far as I know, I can answer the word “yes”, because without technology our life will be harder than we thought." - You may change "harder" to "more complicated" if you want.

When I was reading your first paragraph, I thought you'll be talking about the importance or uses of technology and how it helps people in our daily lliving.

"Computer games can be addictive especially to the children." - I can relate more if you've put "teens" here lol. You can add a research or statistics about what age range does the highest percentage of addiction on computer games occur. I think that can be a great help to make it somehow sound factual.

"Doing what is good is not a hard thing to do because if you want it no one can stop you." - Personally, I liked this line and it made me think that the thought of "doing the right thing is hard to do" is not true. I was convinced.

"Now I can conclude that the disadvantages of technology such as; addiction, pollution, danger and overdependence are really has negative effects on our modern life." - I think the "I can conclude" thing in the conclusion is overused.

Overall, it is a very informative and good essay. You may just want to consider going back to check your grammar and syntax. Good job, keep it up!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm
kedjil says...

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm
ValenciaAndrea says...

"Our life should not be control by the modern technology." I agreed with this because we, beings should rule over this kind of things. I am hooked with this. Nice! Your essay has a wide range and it was very good.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 am
KayleMission says...

I like the way you point out your ideas. It is really shown in your article but there are some errors in the use of grammar and punctuation marks. Also, their are part in your essay that is not clearly explained. Still, it is informative. Be careful next time. Job well Done! :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am
danica008 says...

Wow! Nice ESSAY! just some correction about the punctuation marks and grammars and some advicey ou just need to elaborate more your essay. But still it's nice. Work Well done Keep up the good work! :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 am
charles23mds says...

A good essay indeed. Nice work

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:31 am
johnabulencia wrote a review...

oh Great. you connected your topics well. Especially the conclusion its nice that you collected all the topics of your other paragraphs and connecting it well, but there are some minor mistakes. Still its a job well done, keep up the good work. :D

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:33 am
franzmunoz says...

your essay was not that bad although there were a few wrong grammars.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:11 am

You have very interesting ideas and I can see that you did your best to put it in your essay. But still, you can consider telling your ideas in a clearer way because your essay seems confusing at some parts. But over all, I have seen your point about the bad effects of technology in life. Editing of your grammar would also be of big help. Also, you seem to have some mistakes in putting some of your punctuations and spaces. Keep on practicing and I'm sure you can have a greater output the next time. Good luck! You can do it! :)

johnemmanuel says...

THANK YOU! this is a great help! :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 am
alperdeguzman44 says...

nice essay keep it up there is a point

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 am
RachelLescano wrote a review...

Be careful on your usage of words. Some statement were not clearly organized making the readers a bit lost on the flow of your essay. I think you should elaborate more of your ideas since you have the point. The problem is they were not clearly explained or were not given the enough elaboration needed for them to be understood. But anyways, you have a good point in your essay. Just observe some of the minor mistakes you have committed. This piece is still nice. :) Good job! :)

johnemmanuel says...

THANK YOU! I will never forget your comment. :)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 am
krizshelbenalycabral wrote a review...

johnemmanuel says...

THANK YOU! this is a great help! :)

"I think; therefore, I am."
— René Descartes