z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Snape's Painting, Relocation Day!

by jaypolarbear


Hi everyone, I do not own Harry Potter and it's all J.K. Rowling's property, but i just wanted to make my own fan story based on it and I decided to make a funny story based on Snape's painting and it's day of relocation to the headmaster's office. Ha ha ha... This is what I wrote based on that day! I hope you find it entertaining and funny and may it bring happiness to your hearts and remind you of the joyous childhoods we shared together while growing up with Harry Potter!

P.S. It is my dream to meet J.K. Rowling so I hope she stumbles upon this and it makes her happy and not make her and her lawyers mad because of copyright infringement! Ha ha ha! Thank you!

-jaypolarbear :)

Snape’s Painting

In Hogwarts castle everything is going great as usual, with the dark lord gone everything is its utmost peace. The classes resumed and the teachers went back to their passions, tutoring the next generations of witches and wizards of all time to continue the legacy of the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin.

One of these teachers is, of course the boy who lived, Harry Potter. Harry was named temporary Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. And McGonagall is the new headmistress.

One day Professor McGonagall was walking in the hallway leading up to the office of the headmaster when she met Harry looking awkwardly around in the hallway and he seemed to be on the lookout for something.

“Potter, what is it? Why are you here in this hallway when you should be teaching?” she asked in an exasperated tone. “Do you require something of me? You seem to be heading to the Headmaster’s quarters!” she said peering at him through her square spectacles perched on the tip of her nose.

“Oh, umm... Sorry, headmistress! I had a free period so I had decided to take a break and roam around!” Harry said pointedly, he seemed to be unable to keep a straight glance at Professor McGonagall’s eyes. He was absently glancing at some point just beyond McGonagall’s head.

McGonagall looked at him sternly, she was still suspicious about him and he had probed the area around her. The area seems to be normal enough and lacking in proof that the boy who lived was up to something mischievous and no good and having no choice and proof she had continued on walking.

“Potter, are you sure you’re not up to some sort of mischief?” she had inquired in desperation as she walked away from the boy.

“Yes professor! I’m positive!” Harry said happily as he finally shook off the prying attention of his old mentor.

The old headmistress continued on to walk, but after a few steps the old professor had bumped on something hard and she slipped and landed on her butt. She screamed and said to Harry, “What on earth are you doing Potter? What is this?” she said groping and poking the invisible object, obviously scandalized by what had happened.

She pulled out her wand instinctively and she brandished it around as Harry was slowly turning an ugly colour of violet. “Is there something invisible here?” she said and she had pointed her wand at the invisible obstruction, “Depulso!” she uttered and the object flew to the direction of the window.

Harry became alarmed that the object was going to be thrown out of the window. “Don’t! It’ll break!” he said, and he whipped out his own wand and he said, “Arresto Momentum!” he said and the object’s momentum stopped.

“Potter what is that?” she asked. McGonagall, losing her patience cast a spell to reveal the hidden object. It turned out to be Professor Snape’s painting and it hung awkwardly on thin air after it was uncloaked by McGonagall.

“Harry, what on earth are you doing with Professor Snape’s painting?” the old professor asked him her spectacles askew.

The painting of Snape snorted at McGonagall and said to her, “I wanted to get some air Minerva! And I think the headmaster’s study had the highest altitude and thus, possessing a good quality of air!” with a wry tone in his voice and his sneer was visible and slowly widening from across his greasy hair and hooked and large nose.

McGonagall looked terribly incensed and she retorted, “What, portraits like you is in no need air of Severus!” she said to the painting and she turned to Harry her nostrils was flaring. You had better explain yourself to me Potter! Or you better hand me your resignation!” she said in a heated and austere tone to Harry.

The eyes of Harry widened and a pleading look swept his face. “Well professor, of course as one of the headmasters, Snape’s painting should also be placed into his rightful place in the headmaster’s office,” Harry said.

“And maybe sneaking it in would work!” said Harry his puce coloured face slowly turning into a relieved shade of flesh because he thought she would fulfil his request.

McGonagall’s face turned into a look of shock and she said, “Well potter you should know that a lot of people had disliked Professor Snape and they are bound to disagree!” she said but with more subtlety, “You should realize the magnitude of other people’s dislike for him is still somewhat tantamount, and some people still hold a grudge towards him,” she said with a dread filled glance towards Professor Snape’s painting but there was still a meandering look of sympathy on her visage.

Harry retorted to her, “Well professor I am afraid I must insist!” he said to her. “He is the bravest man I have ever known!” he said vehemently. “Well true...” she said, but she was cut off in mid sentence as Harry had pulled out his wand and pointed it to her face.

“Obliviate!” said Harry. The spell collided with McGonagall and it hit her squarely on her face. She looked dazed for a few moments and she looked disorientated, her head swinging, looking wildly around.

“Oh, what has happened...?” McGonagall asked obviously dazed by what happened. Harry smiled and immediately looking proud at his handy work and before Minerva could adjust Snape chided in saying, “Quickly! Potter, the cloak! Cover me!” he said and Harry immediately brandished his wand and the cloak, flew back into place.

“Harry, what has happened?” she said again clutching at Harry’s shoulder. She seems to be only remembering Harry as the teenager she used to teach and not the grown-up one.

“I dunno Professor! I just found you here, you were dishevelled looking!” he said nonchalantly. “I reckon you ate some weird potion or got bitten by a strange bug!” he replied to her as she curiously stared at him and examining his face. “Did you suddenly grow?” she asked and she examined his height.

“I must have professor!” he said to her. He stared at her and he was curious at what the professor might do next although he was afraid he had done some damage as he was not adept at memory charms.

“Are you alright Minerva?” he asked. He was beginning to be alarmed at the old woman’s state. And she seems to have become deaf to her surroundings.

“Don’t worry Potter! An Idiosyncratic Potion would cure her immediately, though it is difficult to make and some nice and gentle Cuciatus Curse perhaps!” Snape hissed sarcastically in a nearly inaudible whisper to him.

“Run now while you still have a chance!” Snape egged him and professor McGonagall asked him vaguely. “Po-Potter... Wh-Who am I?” she said. Harry’s eyes had widened because he thought that he might have internalized the wrong enchantment theory. He immediately dashed away saying hastily, “I have a class to attend professor!” he said and he ran away.

After a few minutes he arrived safely at the headmaster’s office and he was met there by a familiar group of friends. Neville and Luna were there. Ginny, Hermione, and Ron were up the rear too hidden behind the old gargoyle.

“Where have you been? What took you long to arrive here?” asked Hermione impatiently. “Parent conferences are soon arriving and we have to be there soon! Plus there’s a special event today!” she said.

“Well, I met McGonagall while journeying to the room!” he said to her. “Hermione, I reckon I made an error in my charms and I accidentally erased all of Minerva’s memory in an effort to avoid her and make her relent to my favour!” he said to Hermione.

“Oh my god, you attacked a teacher!” she said her bushy hair now straight, obviously stretched and straightened by a potion of some sort. It waved around gorgeously as she moves her head although it was somewhat looking fallacious and strange compared to her usual personality that the others were used to.

“Never mind that we need to go to the inside of the room to hang this painting!” Ginny said, as Luna chimed in saying, “Yes, Rolf and I still need to go on a date with the Thestrals after this, so hurry!” she said in her usual bemused gaze that made her look odd.

Ron looked at them and said in an alarmed tone, “Not to mention we need to get into this gargoyle and we don’t know what the password is yet!” he said his face looking terribly alarmed and he seemed to be desperate to run into the loo.

Hermione looked ballistic she went forward and shoved Ron out of the way, “Oh, move over! Sherbet lemon!” she said confidently as Ron crashed into a nearby vase and he nearly toppled to the floor, Neville narrowly avoiding him and catching him in his fall. “Ouch love, that hurt...” he retorted while Neville sniggered in the background.

However it was futile and Hermione’s face melted into a look of utter disappointment because the gargoyle shook his head and said an echoing voice, “No... Your password is wrong!’” he said with a wry smile while Hermione melted into nothingness because of her blunder.

“Oh no!” she said in an undertone as she backed down away from the grotesque figure. “Hermione, how are we going to get into the room now?” Harry asked the he was utterly incensed at their lack of preparedness, “You said you were going to be the ones to take care of it, you were in charge of opening the entrance to the gargoyle!” he added to them which made Hermione blush in shame.

Harry looked around at his friends and he was extremely scared that he was not going to be able to take the painting up into the headmaster’s study. He was about to lose hope when another visitor had preoccupied him. “Hey losers, what are you doing huddled in there like a bunch of malefactors?” said a familiar voice from behind them.

The group wheeled around and they saw a familiar face looking at from behind them, it was Draco Malfoy his malicious grin visible in his pale pointed face.

The group looked at him contemptuously and Luna said, “Draco nice to see you after a long while! Are you lost here?” she said her tone blissfully unaware of what potential dangers were going to transpire and she appears to not notice that the situation was becoming dire due to Draco’s appearance. “You don’t frequently drop by these areas in our old days here at Hogwarts!” she added.

“What are you doing there with Professor Snape’s painting?” Malfoy shot at them, his tone sharp and probing and with a flick of his wand the invisibility cloak fell off of the painting. “I see some people are incapable of shifting from the old ways!” he said his eyes filled with curiosity to the painting.

“Did you follow me here?” asked Harry his face etched with the old ire he felt towards his old nemesis as his old memories churned up inside of him, of how Draco aided in the murder of Albus Dumbledore.

“Yes I have!” he said coolly tugging at his noticeably expensive coat’s collar. “I was using a disillusionment charm Potter, and it did work!” he said. “You didn’t even see me coming!” he shot at Harry which felt his magical virility becoming impotent.

“Well? You haven’t answered my question yet!” he said to Harry who was on the verge of jinxing him straight on the face.

“We need to get this painting of Snape on the wall of the headmaster’s office to affirm his achievements to protecting Hogwarts and sending Harry crucial clues in the past war!” Neville said who seems to have let go of his previous grudges. “However the problem is, we don’t know what the password is!” he said, his tone seemingly pleading for Draco’s silence in the matter.

The hallway had a nasty silence for a little while and Draco seems to be on the verge of bursting in to a cacophony of uncontrolled laughter, but Ron broke the pressing silence. “Look here you tosspot, unless you can help us you better clear out!” he said as he pointed his wand at Draco threateningly.

Draco contemplated for a while and deducing that it was beneficial for the Slytherin house’s morale to have another one of its teacher’s painting included in the headmaster’s ranks had agreed at once. “Well, since I am a Slytherin I shall be happy to help!” he said as he gradually walked forward; Ron stowing his wand in his pockets on Hermione’s signal.

“Why, it is another one to assist in the placing of my painting is it?” Snape said his eyes slowly widening indicating his shock. “I am touched!” he said and what looked like a rejoicing lip curl appeared upon his mouth. “However, it does make me curious whether you five are truly competent enough to have passed an O.W.L. in your History of Magic class!” he added to them, his disparaging sneer curling in his thin lips and a puff of derision could be heard from him.

“Please professor... We know that we cannot breach this door unless we know the password,” Hermione said beseeching Snape for his silence because they were attempting to concentrate.

The group began to think of all passwords they could think of, from sweets to all kinds of places in the magical world. The seven of them even thinking of making up some complex meowing words in case McGonagall used cat language as password because of being an animagus, but alas all has failed, even Draco’s cat meow symphony has failed excruciatingly as the statue commented to him that he should get voice lessons much to the merriment of the other six.

“Hey maybe you could join a cat opera after this Malfoy!” said Harry to Draco as the others erupted in raucous laughter which echoed in the hallway.

After few minutes of attempting to break in however the hallway was riddled with a strange scent that could only emanate from a lone source; Professor Trelawney’s classroom.

“Umm... Guys do you smell that?” Neville asked them in a shaky tone of voice like a teenager simpering out of fear. “I think Professor Trelawney is coming near us!” Ron said to him also in a quivering tone of voice as Harry and the others craned their neck around to see any sign of their least favoured subject’s teacher.

“Quick! Hide the painting!” said Draco and Harry immediately said, “Wingardium Leviosa!” to the old Cloak which rose up and totally covered the painting.

A few moments later Trelawney indeed came bobbing up the hallway. “Oh what are you all doing here?” she asked looking a little bit hunchbacked due to the onset of her old age, her enumerable beaded shawls trailing on the floor and her spectacles widely magnifying her eyes making her look like a melting insect.

“Oh, we were just here to surprise the Headmistress professor, but we don’t know the password!” said Ron. “May you help us in getting in?” he asked silkily.

“Oh yes, I suppose I could!” she said to them and all of a sudden all their faces seemed to have turned a shade of delightful pink and a limelight of sunshine seems to have been directed their way.

Hermione and the other girls could be audibly heard saying a quaint “eeeepppp” under their breaths as she never thought asking Trelawney a trick favour would work out of the blue.

“The password is: the Carrows ate flaming furballs!” she said to the gargoyle. The gargoyle’s face suddenly became rid of its bored expression and he said, “Well! About time, you were taking too long if it hadn’t been for...” but he was cut off mid sentence as Luna used a silencing charm at it as he might have given them away.

Trelawney however was in no mood to notice the gargoyle’s grumble because she was busy chatting up with the others. “Oh good to see you once more in a long time!” she said to them.

“Good to see you too professor!” replied Harry. “I hope to see your children in my future divination lessons, all right!” she said to them, “I must go now, my classroom is a bit far!” she said waving goodbye at them.

The seven of them immediately went speeding up at the stone gargoyle’s staircase and through the door, as Harry summoned the painting inside while Draco lagged behind to make sure they were not seen by others.

Immediately after shutting the door Draco burst into an uncontrolled laughter, he splayed himself down on the floor as he could not control himself from laughing.

“Shut off!” said Harry to him while Malfoy roared around the Headmisstress' study room’s floor laughing about their unexpected assistant; Professor Trelawney.

“Shut off Malfoy! Or we’re going to get caught!” said Harry more forcefully this time, as some of the paintings became aroused to their presence. The countless number of the paintings began to murmur behind their hands whilst some just opted to giggle because of Harry Potter’s presence.

“It’s the boy who lived!” some of them can be heard saying to their succeeding paintings. “It is him!” some said affirmatively and all of a sudden they had begun to clap their hands to greet-the-boy-who-lived, to welcome him once more into their room.

“Ah, we have some unannounced visitors I see...” said Phinneas Nigellus Black on the farther side of the office. “Present me a good reason why you have disturbed the Headmistress McGonagall’s study at this hour!” he said severely to the seven of them as if he was reprimanding a wrongdoer.

“We needed to place something into the room, sir.” said Draco curtly to the aged wizard’s painting ceasing his giggling fit at once because some of the paintings had started to murmur their disapproval of the noise he was emitting.

“It’s a little important so we were hoping you’d let us do it without any disturbances...” Hermione implored them her face slowly recovering its previous healthy flush from being humiliated before.

Phinneas surveyed them and murmured to the other paintings something inaudible and said, “Well that depends on the nature of your endeavoured deed!” he said lewdly to the others as the others snorted, obviously not trusting what the little gang led by Harry is going to do next.

Ginny stepped forward and said to the painting, “We need to add one more painting to your collection,” she said to them her face having a steadfast expression on it.

The team was looking hopeful while the painting surveyed them a slight disapproving look etched upon Phinneas Black’s face. Wonder swept across his face and he said, “Hmmm... But I can only think of only a sole painting which has not yet been added here in the Headmaster’s paintings’ line!” he said. “Am I correct in assuming that its Severus Snape’s painting you are going to add?” he asked perceptively deducing the identity of the painting.

“Yes it is!” said Luna happily to them her eyes dreamily lingering to the spot where the painting of Snape hung invisible. “May you permit us to proceed?” she asked as she pointed her wand and a gust of air emanated from it and it revealed the painting.

The painting took a deep breath and exhaled and talked in a whisper to them and a ripple of mumbling cascaded though the rows and Phineas turned to them saying, “Well as there appeared to be no opposition to your request we shall give in and approve...” he said to them, a wrinkle between his eyebrow.

“I shall advise you to place it nearby the painting of Albus up there...” he said pointing at the headmasters table. “You should place it in correct order of currently diseased headmasters.” he said to them.

The seven of them smiled and proceeded to ascend the staircase of leading to the table, while Harry beckoned his wand and the painting slowly bobbed in thin air and floated behind them.

As the approached they were noticed by the painting of Albus Dumbledore he clapped his hands excitedly and he greeted them with a booming, “Aha,” and he said, “Oh there you are!” with a loving beam at the group and his eyes slightly lingered at Malfoy’s face. “I have heard the request you have asked!” he said to them a slight happy simper audible in his voice. “And it’s about time, too, seeing as it had been too long of a debate!” he said to them.

“Oh it is Professor!” Harry said to the painting. “Professor McGonagall has been a little apprehensive to include this painting because of other people’s lack of understanding to the situation of professor Snape, and, his aid to us!” he said.

The painting of Dumbledore nodded his head and said, “True, but all the same! Do place it in here Harry!” he insisted and added, “I am sure the other professors would understand!” he smiles at them and nodded his head to the other paintings.

“Do place it in there Harry, so it would be near me!” he said and the pointed at an empty space in between two small ones nearby.

“Oh alright!” he said to Dumbledore and he pointed at the painting and swung his wand to the direction of the place Dumbledore indicated. It arranged itself onto the place and it stuck itself there. “Hmmm... I don’t think it’s a good place to capture my good side Potter and the light, it’s dubious to illuminate my hidden charms, but, I still thank you though.” Snape said to them with a smile, obviously cannot resist giving a snide jibe to them.

“You’re welcome professor!” Harry replied and the others jovially nodded to him. “Thank you, professor Dumbledore!” Harry said to Albus’ painting. “We should go now, as we have done our task!” added Harry to the paintings.

“Well bye!” said Dumbledore and he waved at them as Snape gave them a courteous nod of farewell as they descended down the stairs being followed by the other paintings’ hearty applauses as they pass them. The group quietly piled out of the headmasters room and they happily emerged from the room because of their victory.

The team stopped for a moment in the foot of the gargoyle stairs and they turned on Malfoy with a scowl and said, “Why did you help us get that painting inside?” they asked intrigued by Malfoy’s correspondence to be their accomplice.

Malfoy grinned and said to them, “Well I uh, figured it will be good to help a teacher who has been good to me and it might open your minds for me to become your friend, for good!” he said nonchalantly and with no hind of any grim intentions. Hermione raised her eyebrows in disbelief and Ginny scowled while the others laughed.

“Well it might cross our minds!” Neville interjected and added, “You were extremely hard on me though!” in a slightly uncomfortable tone. “But I might rescind my grudge and forgive you if you swear to be more affable to us, permanently!” he said with a smirk.

“Yeah, and you must give us more beautiful present for Christmas too if you wish to attend our home parties, and that’s a mandate! We still cannot just forget the past!” Ron growled at Malfoy while Hermione nudged him on the ribs with a hiss of vexation to her husband. Malfoy however just nodded in approval to them utterly, disarmed by his point.

Luna looked at her watch and said to them, “Shall we go to the great hall and meet your children there? Rolf must be waiting anxiously for us while we’re gone!” she said as he pulled on Neville’s arm. “He is about to make a speech about our discovery of wrackspurts and its potential improvements on Befuddlement Draughts as a surprise for the students!” she said to them.

The seven of them agreed and immediately walked down onto the Great Hall, and immediately after arriving, panting, they were met by their children James Sirius and Rose at the entrance of the hall. The other kids were already by the Gryffindor table. “So how was it? Did you succeed?” asked James Sirius to them as Rose jumped up and down on the sides obviously excited to hear the news.

“Yes we did!” replied Harry to them as Rose asked were the painting was located to his uncle Harry and he replied, “It is very near Dumbledore’s painting Rosie!” as his niece squealed happily.

“We better go to the table and listen to Rolf Scamander’s speech!” Rose said, and the others were seen waving to them for the table. The family walked towards the table on the far end of the room as Luna and Draco separated from them to sit in their own house tables, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.

They had just settled themselves on the table just in time for professor Flitwick coming up to the temporarily placed stage for Scamander’s speech.

“The headmistress is just taking a break for a while in the infirmary due to a slight headache and she had asked me to give the introduction of Mr. Scamander, so here he is, Mr. Rolf Scamander!” said Flitwick happily.

“Well she must have been bitten by a wrackspurt Professor!” Rolf joked to Flitwick and he proceeded to give his findings about the creatures.

While the speech went on the family was talking silently and they were filling the kids in with their current adventure and they were very happy by the result and slightly worried about McGonagall. However, she had emerged just in time to hear the peroration just after the beginning of Rolf’s speech.

After the meeting they were held back by Minerva for a little chat and they all were reprimanded for their deeds she said, “You could have made me become like Lockhart you blithering reckless boy!” but the old woman had no choice but to just concede as it was already done.

And they spent the whole afternoon happily chatting in the grounds by the black lake enjoying with the each others’ company including Teddy Lupin which was being teased because of his relationship with Victoir, and they also spent time playing with the giant squid by feeding it engorgement charmed fish food. And all was very happy that day.

P.S. 5-23-'15 (edit)

I had edited this due to an error about Newt , it was his son Rolf which had a relationship with Luna. I thought there was a Newt Jr. Ha ha ha. I hope you enjoy it now that it is fixed. Thank you!

Update 11-29-2015:

Hello everyone! The sequel to this story is already up in Wattpad please read and support me! It's entitled Harry Potter and the Knights of Walpurgis. Thank you!

-jaypolarbear :)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 144
Reviews: 7

Donate
Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 pm
View Likes
philip17 wrote a review...



Wow incredibly long haha but incredibly great as well. I could totally visualise the entire scene! I couldn't stop laughing the way you write is truly excellent! I'm a big harry potter fan myself so I really enjoyed it. There are a few spelling errors but they are minor not worth mentioning really ;) I like the fact that the characters still remained the same personality wise especially Harry still being foolish and what not! The way you wrote it really made it appear like a movie! Keep me updated if you write more! I'd love to write what happens next! (: Oh and maybe have a new evil person return somewhat like a 2nd Voldemort

Greetings,
Philip




jaypolarbear says...


Oh, alright! Thank you!
I am terribly grateful for your assessment.
Sorry for the late reply, I have not opened my account in a long while.



jaypolarbear says...


I have some sequel in mind but it would be long, but I do not have time.
Perhaps next time I am a little busy.
Thank you again!



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 2935
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 am
View Likes
Burrow wrote a review...



Jack here for a short review.

I loved that, best harry potter fan fiction I ever read. It really brought back memories from reading the harry potter series and it was lovely. I like your writing, but there is one problem, for a 30-40 year old adults they all seem like they did in the books, but you must remember to take into caution they are much older, but that's up to you. either way I really liked this, and I hope to here more.

Jack




jaypolarbear says...


Thanks! I really did not think of the age and did have difficulty in estimating their age in this... Ha ha ha!



Burrow says...


yeah well considering they have kids at around 12-15 they should be about 30-40, and act like mature adults, but its no biggy.



jaypolarbear says...


Ha ha ha... I am just turning 20 this year, so, I do not know that much about being a 30 yr. old adult yet. :D



Burrow says...


true, true, maybe aask older people :P




sweet mother of asparagus
— GengarIsBestBoy