z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

The Confused Little Fellow

by jamesclark, Selina


THE CONFUSED LITTLE FELLOW

I LAUGH WHEN I WANT TO CRY 

I SING WHEN I WANT TO PRAY 

I DANCE WHEN I WANT TO SLEEP 

I AM A CONFUSED LITTLE BOY

WILL YOU HELP ME FIND THE WAY

OR JUST GO WITH OUT A SINGLE HI

HELP ME I WANT TO FLY HIGH

SO THAT I CAN TOUCH THE SKY

I AM A CONFUSED LITTLE FELLOW 

WILL YOU HELP ME TO FACE THE WORLD WITH A SMILE??

friends i am a amatuer writer this being my first work in this site so i request you to write your valuable comments and advice SO THAT I CAN FLY HIGH..


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
415 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 415

Donate
Sun May 31, 2015 10:19 pm
Eros wrote a review...



Hi Dearjamsclerk!!

This is Eros here to review your work!!

This poem " I am a confused little fellow" is a lyrical poem. You are really confused. You laugh when ou want to cry. There is a mistake in the the second line:

" I LAUGHT WHEN I WANT TO CRY " the 'T' should not be there.

My suggestion to the confusion of the little boy:

You should be firm of what you want to do. You should act according to your wish. If you want to dance you should dance and if you want to sleep you should sleep.

Anyways,

The poem is wrtten good as an amatuer writer. I had written worse when I was an ametuer writer. I appreciate your writing. This one is full of mixed emotions and compsed with a real effect of confusion.

I loved it. You have done a nice start to your writing. We all are here to improve ourselves.And remember:

Reviewing works helps us toimprove writing. I am saying this because the more you read other's works the more idea you gain for writing. Hence review more and more. You can also see the writing tips here:
http://www.writinggooder.com/2015/05/te ... g-fantasy/




Random avatar

Points: 1021
Reviews: 18

Donate
Fri May 29, 2015 7:27 am
View Likes
tanny070395 wrote a review...



Hi dear
Sweet poem describing the innocent mind. It made me realize how my cousin brother is. Also the lines describes the kiddish nature of the little fellow. Flying high is the dream of every newborns. I love the concept as we never give priority of stupid dreams or our innocence. But the way you described the dream of flying high realized my old childhood days when i used to see birds and be jealous of their wings. Today i understood the meaning of flying high which is not only flying but following your dreams.

But i didnt understand the use of caps.

Apart from it the poem is touchy and sweet filled with the fragnance of innocence.




User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 4392
Reviews: 65

Donate
Thu May 28, 2015 4:25 pm
EccentricRose wrote a review...



Dear jamesclark, Selina,

Wow, I really liked this! It was very good and it made me smile.

The only suggestion that I have is not to use so many caps. It gives it a better feel if they are lowercase. That way, if you really want to emphasize a word, you can use caps or italics for just that one word or line and it will flow smoother.

Other than that, I really loved it! My advice for this fellow who wants to fly high in the poem; keep doing what you love most, and you will definitely fly high to the sky!

Keep up the awesomeness because you are awesome!

~Rose




User avatar
111 Reviews


Points: 1731
Reviews: 111

Donate
Thu May 28, 2015 3:51 pm
TheSilentBagpipe wrote a review...



Hello JamesClark! The Silent Bagpipe here to review some of your work!


First off let me just say - Wow. This was really good for your first piece of work. Well done! =)
The poem itself made me smile, then chuckle. It was cute and adorable <3
I did find some grammatical mistakes which I'll show you so you can fix ;) - #1 - In the second sentence you said "laught" and I think its supposed to be "laugh" xD
#2 - Seventh sentence, maybe put the 'hi' in "hi" because it took me a second to realize what you said =P
#3 The very last sentence your asking a question - "Will you help me face the world with a smile" ? Instead of using .... maybe use an question mark since your asking a question =)

Hopefully this review helped you to "fly high". I apologize that I couldn't do more =)

One more thing - keep writing, you are very good at it ;)

~Selina




User avatar
106 Reviews


Points: 614
Reviews: 106

Donate
Thu May 28, 2015 7:50 am
RituparnaBhowmik wrote a review...



as your first work, it is pretty good. i like your dreams and ambitions and how they influenced your work. however, i propose a few suggestions-
first of all, use lower case alphabets. It not only suits the grammar but also the eyes. when you write in upper case it seems that you are shouting[ this phrase in from my computer book :P ].
please take care of your punctuation. I see no stop, or comma or any other punctuation in your poem to distinguish one line from another.
when you are done with the above we come to the content. your poem is good in portraying your confusion, however you must not confuse your readers. your presentation should give your - present state of mind, thought and any theme you want to uphold- all being distinct and easily understandable.
another word of advice- if you aim high, you have to give up the fear, believe in yourself, and just go for it. i wish you all the best. and if you want any reference works- i would be glad if you have a look at mine and review them if you wish. you can always call on me if you need any more help.
keep writing
Rituparna





People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke