smudge

by izzywidgeon

my past is muddled

in ink black pictures
misconstrued features
but charming words
they spoke
i suppose

i look forwards now,
and only see the same. 

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:43 pm
LUNARGIRL says...

First off, really nice job on the poem. I enjoyed the idea that the speaker has no idea about their past. That they are only able to describe their memories as "ink black pictures" and "misconstrued features". That since they do not remember a single thing of the past, all they can do now is look towards the future. The thing is though, now when the speaker starts to look forward they have the same problem.

I think it would be really great if you elaborated, and went deeper into the poem because this is something you could really dig deep on. You could describe in different words what it looks like when they try to look forwards. What about their past is muddled, all of it, some of it? I think these are questions you could dive deeper into, but that's just my personal oppion, so you don't have to listen to it.

Overall you did a really good job it, I loved how you conveyed everything, but you could dig a little into it though. Can't' wait to read what you write next!

Carpe diem,
LUNARGIRL

Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:43 pm
LUNARGIRL wrote a review...

Carpe diem,
LUNARGIRL

Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:26 am
penngreen4776 wrote a review...

Oooh! Hiya, I'm penn!

Short, sweet, and ladies might love it! I know I do, and I'm not even a lady! I like how, despite the fact that the speaker has no real idea of what their past is, only being able to describe it as muddled yet charming, they still have hope for the future by seeing it as muddled, yet charming.

It could be expanded upon, maybe really drive home the idea that even a forgotten past can live to a brighter future, or simply throw more hope on there like this is a Star Wars movie, but it might be best to leave it like this. It's a nice message, even if I'm looking at it too hard.

Two thumbs up!

Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:29 am
Emmadawn675 says...

i absolutely love this poem! super short and sweet. my advice would be to run with it a little more! i really relate to this i really do love it.

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life... He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic he could save others from death, but not himself.
— RazorSharpPencil