there is a starman waiting in the sky for me

by zaminami

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for mature content.

the moon lights the way for us
illuminating the vehicle and my
starman
surrounded by an inky
darkness

the vehicle
is some kind of
futuristic vehicle
a hover car, perhaps
or the car of my dreams

the moon
just a silver sliver
reminding me of the fact
that there is a slim chance
that i will see my starman

and my starman
a mysterious figure
in an astronaut's suit
face covered
body covered
driving the car

as i lay on this hospital bed
thinking about dreams
and my starman
i wait for the surgery
that will change my life
one way or another

now the surgery
i can't think much
but my starman
fills my mind
while the doctors
experiment with my body.
there is a skylight above me
showing no stars
and a slivered moon.

it’s fading
it’s all fading
why is it fading
the doctors are arguing
about why the anesthetic
didn't work
somehow
why the surgery
didn't work
somehow
was it because i was
holding onto my starman

they are muffled now
everything is black
oh
there's a white light
i walk towards it
i want to touch it
i want to feel it

...

i have gone through
and in front of me
stretches an inky blackness
a slivered moon
no stars
but people
people everywhere
shimmering
silver
and gold

but one
only one
stands out

my starman

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm
fatherfig wrote a review...

OH MY GOD, that was BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!
Loki is litterally crying right now......
*sobs fade Loki glares *

"Let me feel my emotions in peace. Do you know how hard it is? To never be sad never get to cry? To always have to be cheeky and vengeful? No mortal, you do not!!!!!!"

*Sobbing continues*
okay, I wasn't trying to be a jerkyjerk. Sorry................. any way I thought the transiting was a little weird in places but over all I love the nostalgic appeal and how it is both peaceful and chaotic, It is amazing and I am glad I have a friend that is such a poet, truely amazing.

Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:38 am
zaminami says...

@Flumadiddle @WhosabellCanWrite @emolemon @Lake @MJTucker @269609 @KaiRyu I guess

if you want me to tag you in any of my stuff, tell me!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 am
MarianaChristena wrote a review...

I absolutely love this style of poetry. I'm completely obsessed with bittersweet and nostalgic symbolism and this is perfect.
I only have one critique. It's a bit hypocritical, because I always get annoyed when people tell me to change where I cut the lines off in my poetry, but the transitions here seemed a little awkward in a few places, especially in that last large stanza. I'm probably just reading them with a different emphasis on certain words or something like that. Just something to maybe think about...
Aside from that, the poem was very well written and nicely put together.

zaminami says...

aw, thank you!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:06 am
ellasnotebook says...

Hello! I'm going to review this at some point in the near future, but life is-well, life right now, so if I don't get to it this week could you PM me about it? I'll probably have it within the next few days but just in case I forget (:

zaminami says...

Sure!

resfeber wrote a review...

Okay so literally this poem is AMAZING! I have never seen death shown in this kind of light before. This poem is so deep, but not overbearing. I absolutely loved reading it. Every line was intriguing! At first I didn't understand the whole concept of a starman. But by the end of the poem the message was pretty clear, but not spotless. I think you may have intended that though so that your readers could interpret that themselves. Even if you didn't intend that, well it was amazing anyways! I really like how you described the person being treated from all these doctors and nothing is working. In my head though I was thinking that maybe the character didn't want it to work, the character was done fighting and was ready to go. That was why nothing was working. That was truly amazing to have something so simple turn into something so big. I loved how you used beliefs of other incorporated into the piece to make it realistic. like the following of the bright light. Keep it up because this poem is one of the best I have read so far!

zaminami says...

awwwwww... thank you!

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac