12+

it hurts to love you

by iriisblooms

i look into your eyes

your piercing brown eyes

and it feels like you are

the only thing that matters

---

your eyes hold secrets

spill them out to me

let me hear them

whisper them into my ear

they can be our secrets now

---

you don't have to hide them anymore

but no

you tell me no

--

it hurts to hear this

you have no clue it hurts this bad

let me in on your secrets

let me know who you really are

---

but no

it hurts my heart,

it burns my face

when i ask

about your secrets

wishing to know more

dying to know more

---

it hurts to love you

it hurts

it hurts

---

yet you keep on leaving me

night after night

going off to a place that's safe, you swear

yet not uttering a word as to where

---

you come back to me

stumbling drunk

the scent of alcohol lingering on your clothes

you wrap your arms around me

pulling me in for a hug

and squeeze

tightly

---

but one night

i awake

i've planned an escape

i slip out of bed

placing a singular kiss on your head

and i run

i run

and run

and run

---

tears wash the soot off my face

i'm free

how did it get from enchanting

to scarring

i don't understand

but all i know is that it hurts to love you

it hurts

it hurts

Anma wrote a review...

Hello @irrisblooms

Lets review your work together shall we🌻🌻

Its an expressive poem indeed. It speaks of what you urge to have versus what was given yo you. Its hard to play the cards just right and sometimes it takes the body over many times before it hits the edge of return. Every human I can think of has experienced something like this before and it leaves lots of scars behind. You should be grateful that sometimes your body cuts that line for you instead of your heart and interest. Let me tell you something of great truth. This man, no this boy, he is nothing he had plenty of times to heal your wounds. To ease the pain that he put onto you. But even if so if the only way you can express the pain is through neetly composed words of a poem I will gladly read each and every one of them. I hope to read your works again soon!

Love
Anma

AkiraBaker wrote a review...

i know exactly how you feel, minus the alcohol part. i'm a teenager. we don't drink. but my boyfriend does leave me every night, doesn't tell me where. and in the morning he comes home always angry. i'm dying to about him, understand him, i'm dying to find a way to love him more but its not working. i know it hurts to love them. i know that you do it anyways because you care. but you have to ask yourself if they really are the right person for you. i know some secrets cant be shared, and its best if you adopt to it. if you stop talking about it altogether, they will trust you more and maybe someday tell you. you just have to bulldozer through it. i swear, it will get better. i know you just want to be there for them to help them fight off their demons, but dont forget to fight off your own, too. just focus on making them feel loved, okay? things will get better. i promise.

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson