z

Young Writers Society


12+ Violence

collection two

by herbalhour


naïve

like a sheep to the slaughter

and the snow is now red

oh my

i missed this feeling

bringing light to the problem

and making you anew

maybe i lost a friend

but i feel like i have won

thriving

throw your cares aside

as once you leave me behind

the garden

and the flowers

will start

thriving

thriving

the sky is hued

and the water is clear

and you find yourself

thriving

thriving

all the wilting has ended

the thriving has begun

to undo your loss

and undo your fears

as you find yourself

thriving

thriving

starstruck

i saw you there

the light cascading

the birds harmonious

and i knew you were the one

maybe i was starstruck

or maybe it was just

obssesion.

thats the feeling.

when i saw you that day 

i knew you were mine

i knew that i should watch you

every day

every night

memorizing you

and memorizing this feeling

maybe the heat that day got to me

maybe the lack of people there was enticing

but now your mine

but now your mine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTES:

collection two! 

thriving is part two of wilting

naive is partially related to toxic

starstruck is just about obsession 

and also because i felt like writing something unsettling

:D


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 755
Reviews: 27

Donate
Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:43 am
spottedpebble wrote a review...



Sorry, this is a really short review.

I look at the Green Room every day to see if there's something new I would like to read, and yet somehow I missed this collection of poems. :| Well, at least I found it now!

I really liked your first collection, and I like how this collection kind of goes off of the first collection. Like how Thriving is a sequel to Wilting, I totally got that even before I read your notes! I love how the narrator didn't wilt for long but instead started growing as soon as the other person left, instead of wilting more. Triumph!

The only issue I had is that I, personally, found it hard to understand the 'oh my' line in your first poem, Naïve. It just sounded out of place to me and I had to read the poem a second time to really grasp what I read, but that's just because I read it wrong the first time. :)

I like this collection and am wondering if you will write a third collection. If you do, I would love to read it. I really enjoy your style of poetry writing.




User avatar
116 Reviews


Points: 15247
Reviews: 116

Donate
Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:41 pm
LuminescentAnt wrote a review...



Hey tea! I am going to review your poem using the YWS S'more Method today!

At this moment in real life, you are watching me review this so yeah.

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know
I haven't read the first collection yet, but I will try to do that soon.
The first poem I think is about a person who says that someone is naive and has a really bad friend I think??
The second poem is one about thriving and living and how things grow (🎵 wE sAy LeT iT gRoW🎵)
The third poem is a super creepy poem about a stalker who is obsessed with someone, and like you said, they have kidnapped them and that's super dark.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - Room for Improvements
Something I noticed is that in the last two lines of the last poem, you said "now your mine" but it should be "now you're mine," so it would change the meaning, and it also flows weirdly. You forgot??? Oh my goodness tea. Please remember that apostrophes exist.

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece
I liked how you used metaphors and repetition to bring out the meaning of the poem. There's a lot of emotion in the poems that you wrote really well, and it engages the reader. The poems were overall well written.

Closing Graham Cracker - Closing Thoughts
Ultimately, these poems were really meaningful and emotional. I will read and maybe review your first collection of poems at some point in time. I hope this review was helpful, and see you in real life. I WILL STALK YOU
Happy Writing!




herbalhour says...


curtsies

thanks
yeah ill change gthe grammar



User avatar
210 Reviews


Points: 10015
Reviews: 210

Donate
Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:27 pm
EllieMae wrote a review...



Hi there! I'm reviewing using the YWS S'more Method today!

(GREETING & INTRODUCTION)

Hey friend!! Ellie here again for a review of your wonderful poetry :) Let's get right into it and get into the review of these three poems:

Top Graham Cracker - What I Know
(CONTENT - my impressions / interpretation)

Disclaimer, poetry can be interpreted many different ways and these are just the ways that I personally connected to your poems :)

Poem 1: Naive
This poem seems to explore innocence. As if transforming from innocence (perhaps as a child) to maturity (as an adult). A sheep going to slaughter is often used as a metaphor to explain someone who is unsuspecting or naive to a situation. The snow suddenly turning red could symbolize a sudden awakening or realization of something. The second stanza of this poem seems to have a newfound awareness of understanding of reality. The speakers seems to miss this feeling. This could be from growing up and/or gaining knowledge. The sentence "Bringing light to the problem and making you anew" seems to suggest that the speaker has began a journey f overcoming this obsatcle in their life. Maybe they lost a friend or someone important to them along the way?

Poem 2: Thriving
This poem seems to be centered around overcoming obstacles, or thriving. Finding a sense of renewal in life, perhaps? We are encouraged to throw our cares aside and possibly leave behind other things, like a bad relationship. The garden begins to thrive, representing a fresh start and progression. This poem seems more optimistic and happy.

Poem 3: Starstruck
This poem seems to dive into feelings of obsession. The speaker descrives being starstruck by another person. There are phrases like "light cascading" and "birds harmonius" that seem to convey beauty attached to this person. The speaker understands that their feelings may be an obsession, but they feel a strong desire to watch this person and memorize every aspect of them. This poem explores intense attachment, emotion, and feelings bordering obsession, which could be incredible but also harmful.

Slightly Burnt Marshmallow - Room for Improvements
(CONTENT - include specific suggestions)

your poetry is lovely. i love your writing style and i dont think you need to change anything. if i were to offer critiques for how it could overall be more engaging, poetically speaking, i would recommend more vivid imagery if you want, helping us understand a setting. maybe describe who they are watching and where they are, what they love about the person, etc

Chocolate Bar - Highlights of the Piece
(CONTENT - include specific praises)

i love your writing style! all three poems go well together, as you described in your comment. i love your unsettling style and how you present your poetry! 10/10 awesome job!

Closing Graham Cracker - Closing Thoughts
(CONTENT & SIGN-OFF)

Im so glad you are here on YWS! I cant wait to read even more of your poetry! keep writing!

Have a lovely weekend!
Sincerely
-Ellie Mae




herbalhour says...


bows
thanks :D



User avatar
31 Reviews


Points: 373
Reviews: 31

Donate
Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:50 pm
herbalhour says...



comment






reply




The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte