The Duck Writing Challenge 3/6

by hekategirl

I should've known it was Daffy Duck all along, his diabolical grimace, his eyes full of hatred. I can't believe I didn't realize it. If I had I might have been able to stop the tragedy.

It was a cold early morning in Toon Town when Daffy Duck struck (Or The Duck as some people call him) it was early in the winter and already the snow was falling. Very small icy rays could be seen in the horizon. All he Huey, Duey and Louie's were tucked in tight. No one suspected a thing. The Duck must have been on Ward St, that's the only way he could have reached Bugs's apartment. As I hear Bug's has just come in from a long night at the pub, but that might just be a rumor.

I don't know why Daffy did it, maybe the anger had been building up for years, I will never know. I do know how he did it though, it was a simple and, yet, cliche way up to Bugs's room: The trellis.

Knife in hand he climbed, falling only a few times, once he reached his destination he did not hesitate. Right through the heart he struck Bugs, killing him, dead as a doornail. The idiotic toon, left the weapon at the scene of the crime. Although it was too late when the authorities found it. Daffy had already left the country, leaving no trace of his wear-abouts.

When the cops took Bugs's body out of the bloody room, they found a note written in scribbled handwriting:

tHiS iS FoR oLD tiMES SAKE

Apparently it was a grudge. That was when they knew for sure it was Daffy Duck, no one can mistake his hand writing.

Bugs Bunny's funeral was held a month after his death, everyone from across the world came. He was put in a white coffin, with blue satin lining. And a carrot in his hand. The funeral was simple yet, dramatic, anyone who went will remember it for a lifetime. Tears flowed freely from everyone, the sadness hung in the air.

When he was finally lowered into his last resting place and covered with dirt that has longed never seen the light of day, his toom stone read:

YOUR MEMORY WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US

It was a cold, frosty day.

~

Years later Daffy Duck was found somewhere in Asia, living off whatever he could find. He was brought back to Toon Town and prosecuted for Homicide. He got life in prison.

I tell you this story not to unearth unwanted memories but to keep Bugs Bunny's memory alive, his death was tragic, yes, but that does not mean we forget it.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:29 am

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: This was an interesting take on this topic that I have read for the third tome today. The flow of this particular one wasn't quite as smooth as it could have been. It needs to have maybe just a little bit more description in some parts. The language itself is pretty good though so there's a plus point.

And more Daffy Duck. At least this particular opening is a little different from the other two that I read while being just as attention grabby as the other two were.

That's a pretty set of descriptions that you have there to set the setting for what is about to take place.

OUCH. At least we where spared a monologue which I can appreciate.

I don't think keeping a body for a month is actually something practical. You would expect like two weeks at the absolute maximum. But it is a decent if slightly rushed description that you have here.

Well that's a decent place to end things there.

Overall: Okay so this was a fairly decent little story that we have here. I don't think the emotions are brought out as well as they could be but there certainly was a half decent attempt at it and that's always a good thing. So that's about all I have to say. This was a pretty good little story.

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying