z

Young Writers Society



The Connection

by ghost223


You are the beat in my heart. Listen to the sound.
Yes, you are the beat. Don’t you hear it pound?
You are the light in my soul. Guide me from the dark.
Yes, you are the light. Don’t you see our spark?
You are the pencil in my hand. Write our story.
Yes, you are the pencil. Don’t you feel our glory?
You are the candy on my tongue. Keep being sweet.
Yes, you are the candy. Don’t you taste our treat?
You are the scent in my nose. Give life a shove.
Yes, you are the scent. Don’t you smell our love?
You are the neurons in my brain. Put me to the test.
Yes, you are the neurons. Don’t you know our love is blessed?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
51 Reviews


Points: 3240
Reviews: 51

Donate
Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:30 am
View Likes
LadyShadows wrote a review...



Hello, LadyShadows here for a review.
This is a magnificent piece. This is the true picture to what love is like. I am not the romance person, yet this is lovely. (it's saying something if I could tolerate it lol) Your descriptions in this piece make it vivid and real. This piece gave me memories to when my boyfriend and I met and fell in deep love with each other. We've been together for nearly a year. I like pieces that can give me good memories of my own life. I'm a person who barely smiles and yet this made me smile. Keep writing. You're going places.




User avatar


Points: 1
Reviews: 2

Donate
Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:25 am
MalcolmJDesvignes wrote a review...



Hi Malcolm here for a review.

Dear Ghost223,

May I start off by saying; I truly enjoyed this specific piece. I must be honest with you ghost223 and admit that it seems more like a declaration of love or affection than it does a poem. However, that appears to of added an ideal tone to my internal voice when reading it in my head. The metaphors themselve hold much more meaning than how the piece is formed or structured in this case. I as the reader was able to feel the love, affection, and the emotion behind the words on every line; due to how the metaphors were implemented.


Signed Malcolm Desvignes With Another Review.




User avatar
64 Reviews


Points: 11
Reviews: 64

Donate
Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 pm
Kazeybear wrote a review...



Hi! Kazey here for a review!

So, disclaimer, I'm probably about to be quite harsh, and i don't mean anything by it, so please don't be offended.

I really didn't like this poem. It just really isn't my cup of tea. I love metaphor, but what annoys me is that this is literally just a list. You could expand so much open each of those metaphors, but you don't. They're just sat there, lonely. Treat metaphors like children- give them the best life possible.

Second is your rhyme scheme. I found it really forced, personally. Just in future, perhaps read through your poem aloud and take out words or phrases that seem odd or clunky. It gives for a much smoother, gentle ride for the reader.

Finally, I find this very boring. Its a very repetitive poem, and i know that's the point, but it's monotonous. Put frankly, It's just not very interesting. It doesn't engage the reader, but instead makes them wonder why the hell they just wasted the past minute of their life. There is so much potential in this poem, and it's killing me to not see it fulfilled.

Keep writing and improving!
-Kazey




ghost223 says...


I hate it as much as you do




ah yes my boiling cheetohs
— tatteredbones