Werewolf's Lament

by gethans96

My claws they hunger,

My fangs drawn asunder,

My eyes they feast on your awe and your wonder.

___

Too many I've slain,

And in their blood I've lain,

All for one's bloodlust and all for one's gain.

___

A beast I confess,

Nay, a beast no less,

Utter, for this poor soul, a word of bless.

___

This I ask from thee,

This I ask devoid of glee,

Bind me so the world of a scourge be free.

___

Bind me with sunlight,

Bind me with the night,

So that no mortal hurt I might.

___

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm
DarkRavenGrimm wrote a review...

This poem is great and dark which is really cool. My favorite group of lines is " My claws they hunger,

My fangs drawn asunder,

My eyes they feast on your awe and your wonder." I love it. This idea of a werewolf's thoughts is incredible and just great. I hope to see more writings like this it is really great.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:44 am
Lee0z says...

This is a really call lyrical poem, I think it would make a great song, or an opening for a story or novel. Your use of rhymes is wonderful. You really described the werewolves feelings and lust quite well.

Overall, this was a really cool lyrical poem. I see nothing wrong with it XD

From Lee

Pokemonlover545 wrote a review...

I REALLY liked this poem! It was like you told what a werewolf thought and saw. You made it sounds like the wolf did not want to hurt anyone else. You also made it sound like it feels bad for everyone it has eaten. I think it would be better if you just made it a little longer. Has this been 4 sentences yet? Why has this not been 4 complete sentences or 250 characters? I do not have anything else to talk about. End of review and GOODBYE!

Gravity wrote a review...

I loved the vocabulary that you used, it just made the imagery seem so more real. I loved the rhyming. I like how you rhymed creatively, and used your vocab to your advantage. My favorite stanza was probably "Too many I've slain/And in their blood I've lain/All for one's bloodlust and all for one's gain". Part of me just like the stanza structure, another part of me really just likes gore. I've been trying to enjoy poetry more, and poetry about emotions and feelings is all beginning to look the same. Your poem is so refreshing. So thank you, and I hope I get to read more of your literary work. :)

Dragofriend1234 wrote a review...

Great job. Wonderful use of extensive vocabulary. I could really tell how sad the character was. You did a fantastic job of making it sound like a lament. I loved how you had a rhyming set a stanza instead of every two lines. although the last line would be better as. So that no mortal I may hurt tonight. Other than that I think this an amazing piece of poetry.

lyricalrebel wrote a review...

Hey there :)
First of all, I congratulate you for writing a unique and powerful poem. Such a very impressive theme. :)
Your choice of words amaze me and you have done a great job attracting me at the very first stanza. You see, I am the kind of reader who depends on the title and first few stanzas to like the poem and yours went well. There were no grammatical errors, only misplaced punctuation marks. Keep it up :)
Cheerio!

gethans96 says...

Thank you lyricalrebel ^^
I really appreciate the positive feedback for I was a bit unsure whether I should post this or not. Personally, I like poems that have a flowing rhythm, but I also rely on the title and beginning to actually get into the poem well.
Thank you for the confidence boost and I sure will keep on writing ^^

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire