z

Young Writers Society



That Day

by fire_of_dawn


She saw me,
With a face like my own.
A heart I could tell,
Had its eyes set on home.

We took time together,
Walked home from school every day.
Didn't matter, if we held hands,
Or what others would say.

I've never been the same
Since that day.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 1509
Reviews: 32

Donate
Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:39 am
fire_of_dawn says...



You all got your try at romance. That's what I'm saying; I knew the girl in the poem.




User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 3925
Reviews: 160

Donate
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:13 pm
Krupp wrote a review...



Man, I'm impressed with the shorter poems I"ve seen lately...

Because they're all working so well. Usually I have trouble read1nig short poems becuase I myself take a while to build up a poem, so mine are almost asways long. But this was impressive because there was no hidden meaning in it; it was simply an expression of how something caused a change in the narrator's life. That's what I like so much about this one.

Keep it up.




User avatar
86 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 86

Donate
Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:14 pm
AlyssaKyle wrote a review...



Normally I don't comment on the lenght of a poem as long as the entire story is told. However, in this case I feel that it is too short. We get the background information about the typical interraction between the two characters, but don't find out anything about the day that changes everything. I found that annoying, because that was the point of the poem. It has a lot of potential. Try to expand it so the reader knows what happens.





"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites