He's So Gorgeous

by evieffizz

hi can you give me your thoughts on this asap plz thanks
He’s so gorgeous
His eyes are as blue
As the depth of the sea.

His hair is blonde
Like strands of
Golden silk.

He has the heart
Of a lion
And the strength of
An ox.

He is so kind and gentle
He’s like an
Angel looking down from heaven
Protecting each and everyone
He loves and cares for.

His love is so pure so kind
That it release a sense of happiness
And joy.

By Evieffizz

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:34 pm
Aleiha_Babes says...

Hey hunny wikid poem xxxx

LYM XXX

Shelley xx

Darren_Shan_Fan wrote a review...

Hey I know that eviefizz's and my poem are really similar but me and eviefizz go to the same school and we are in this same class so therefore we had the same homework. eviefizz didnt copy me at all.

Eve this is a really good poem and im sure you got a really good mark.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:16 am
Crysi says...

*snorts* Come on, guys, give this a chance. It could be a cut-up poem from a list of cliches, you know? Cut-up poems rock.

Nice try, but make up your own lines next time.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:13 am
Wolf wrote a review...

Well...*frowns*
It's definitely not my kind of poem--too, erm, soppy.
Also, I couldn't help but notice that someone called Darren_Shan_fan wrote a poem that is very, very similar. The exact same title, theme and lines, pretty much. You didn't copy them, did you? 0_o

There were alot of cliches and I don't like the rhythm very much--too choppy. The strenght of an ox? The heart of a lion? No offense, but I really hate poems that praise and idolize one person and don't make the reader feel anything. This poem is basically just a cliched description of some guy.

I hate to sound mean, but I was just giving you my honest opinion.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:27 am
GingerLizzy wrote a review...

Not bad... I think.

I didn't like the structure that much; I prefer the good structures of traditional sranzas compared to this - I feel as though it affects the flow and rhythm of it all and makes it seem less poetic than it should. I'd say that this was personal preference, but I do think that you could improve it with a little editing.

I liked the idea; at first we think that it is a 'soppy' and cliched poem about a boy at school but as we get to the end, we see that it is just a cliched poem about God. I think that's what was intended anyway.

I didn't like the cliche's much, I think you overdid it. Also, I think you could use different terms to; "He's so gorgeous." This seemed a little desperate and not very poetic at all; more domineering, like a stalker.

Good idea, but it could do with some editing.
GingerLove

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:43 am
xhalcyonx128 wrote a review...

this poem is rather Hallmark (sp?). it could be on a valentine's day card. im sorry but its terribly cliche.

the whole "eyes like blue oceans" and "golden strands of hair" really do nothing for me anymore, ive read those lines since i was in kindergarden.

also "heart of a lion"?
lions can be very dangerous, i dont think you'd want someone with a heart of one, maybe a heart of a lamb, but thats overused too.

id just say go back and try again, this time paying attention to specifics that make your guy special, rather than the overused phrases that every romantic quotes.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:18 pm
Emerson wrote a review...

I suppose that it would be a good poem to give to someone as a gift, and they would find it sweet, but as a poem to share with many people and have them admire, it falls rather short...

Realize that poetry attempts to make the reader feel. You should make us feel some affection and caring for this boy. We don't really know a whole lot about him, other than the descriptions you are giving, and it sounds like anyone...

You're young though, and poetry is hard. So I suggest you curl up with a nice books of poems, or perhaps a book on how to write poetry, and spend a while learning. ^_^

Also, keep in mind, we have a 2 reviews per 1 post policy here. Be sure to read all the rules, FAQs etc before posting. If you don't keep up with the rules (AKA: review two things now that you have posted one.) then issues might ensue.

The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare