z

Young Writers Society



Hey, Artemis28

by erilea


Hey, Artemis.

So... what's up? I've changed my username. Some people might still know me as wisegirl22. Not sure if I actually followed up on that one or not.

Well, I've done a lot. I turned ten and I'm in the double digits now. I've started a new fanfiction. I don't think I've grown in height all that much, since I don't grow fast. 

But anyway, I did the most reviews I ever did in one day in the September Review Day. Did I mention that I got my first blue star? Totally freaked out when I did. Definitely a happy moment, and to think I didn't even realize until towards the end of Review Day. Seriously, priorities.

... I guess there's not much else. Of course, being a writer, my bedtime's late, way later than it should be for my age. But it's always been late, never 9:00 like most of my classmates. At that time I'd probably still be reading or writing. 

Some parts of me have changed, some not. I'm still kind of worried about the things that don't need to be worried about. (Ex: Hurricane Joaquin, somewhere close to the US.) But overall, I think I'm pretty much still the same. Still checking out Percy Jackson books from the library. Still rereading books about a million times. You know, the usual.

Have a good time.

-Artemis28


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
23 Reviews


Points: 124
Reviews: 23

Donate
Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:31 am
basia77201 says...



YOU? 10? HOLY COW YOU WRITE LIKE YOU ARE, LIKE, 14 OR SOMETHING. (I AM 12.) ;-)




User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 73

Donate
Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:38 am
View Likes
Swordfish wrote a review...



Hello Artemis28,
It's MergSword here today with a review for you.

Aw, this is cute. I remember I my younger days (still young though) I used to write letters to myself like this.
I think it's nice to write letters to yourself. I mean, imagine the future, looking through your drawers and finding a letter to yourself from many years ago. Imagine that wonderful feeling. I can definitely imagine how I would feel.
I have yet too keep any letters to myself though,w high I should really do. Anyway I think this a great concept everybody should try.
~MergSword




User avatar
456 Reviews


Points: 69427
Reviews: 456

Donate
Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:31 pm
View Likes
EternalRain wrote a review...



I'm not sure how you want me to review this, so I'm just going to dive in, give a few of my thoughts, and leave (it's so short that I don't have much to say about it, though).

So, I read your previous one Hey, wisegirl 22 and I really like how you connected the old one with this new one. It's a really nice idea and it shows how much you've changed in the time frame that you've spent "waiting". Maybe you haven't changed a lot , but everyone changes after at least a few days, am I right?

One thing about this was the sense of vagueness. I feel like it was too brief. Maybe that's the point though - just a short write to your older (older?) self and nothing much else. However, I think you could make it stronger, and this would just make it all the better. Emotions, for instance. You say you "totally freaked out" when you got your blue star. Explain this a little more. Why were you so happy, how did you really feel, etc. This whole concept could go for many of the other points in this.

However, I really love your writing voice that's portrayed here. It's interesting, engaging, and calls out something like "Hey, you! I have an interesting piece right here that you'll probably enjoy!" And I really like that about this piece. :)

That's about it on what I have to say! Keep writing, my friend! :D

~ EternalRain




erilea says...


Thanks for the review!



EternalRain says...


You're welcome!




As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda