hey you! over there!

by emilym1178

Comment. Gimme feedback. this is a true story but, names have been changed. haha. so yeah let me know what you thinkk.

hey you! yeah you, with the short brown hair and the chestnut brown eyes that i could look at all day. yep, you, with the genuine laugh and adorable smile. you, with the sweet hugs that i love to get from you. you, who gets me through my serious ups and downs. you, who keeps me on track and helps me stay focused. you with the athletic body that isn't over worked. you, with the comments that brighten my day. yeah you. yeah, i'm talking about you Justin. You. My best friend. My support system. My rock. Did it ever occur to you that i just might be in love with you? No. It didn't. To you...yes I'm still talking to you...i will always just be Emily. Emily your best friend, that is nothing more than your best friend. News flash...your best friend...loves you. I love you. Yeah, I'm talking to you. You over there. Do you hear me now...because you obviously can't see the signs. yeah thanks for finally noticing.

shywritergrl168 wrote a review...

You could use a little bit of help on the capitalization, spelling and word placement. However your mind is in the right place, taking real life experiances and expressing them in your work is a great way to capture emotion and action. I believe you can be a great writer if you only put your mind to it. You just have to give your writing a little more time and care. Just try to proof read your work before you submit it and perhaps try to oranize your lines to provide a more dramatic flair.

Haylie wrote a review...

I think that you could develop this into a bigger story :)
I think it would work quite well, but you could make twists in it, to make it more complicated. Like she could be wrapped up in some bigger thing between her and some people.
So develop is what i say :3

stargazer9927 wrote a review...

The number one problem I saw with it was the capitalization of all the sentences and the spelling errors.

But I loved the idea and the meaning behind it. It is certainly a story many people can relate to. It's quite an interesting little short thing that I personally think is perfect with detail and length. There are certain things that can get away with being really short, and this is one of them.

In my personal opinion I think the title would have been just fine with just, "Hey You," rather than the "Over There," because the entire thing is basically about her saying, "Hey You," while she just said, "Over There," once. But I do like the title and I think is is very appropriate for this. I wasn't thinking it was going to be about this when I just read the title, so I liked the surprise.

Try to break this up into paragraphs so it's not just a block of text. You could even add some quotation marks to really get into the story and for her to be talking.

The last thing I would like to say is I think this would make a perfect poem. If you would just separate it into stanzas and make it flow a bit more it would sound great as a poem. Maybe even add in a couple rhymes if you wanted to change it up a little more and make it sound more musical. That's just my opinion:)

MandaPanda1031 says...

It sounds like it'd be a song. I like that you based it on a true story! Please re-read and spell check your work. I found many spelling erors.

theotherone wrote a review...

Hello there. :)

emilym1178 wrote:Comment. Gimme feedback. this is a true story but, names have been changed. haha. so yeah let me know what you thinkk.

#FF0000 ">Hey you! #FF0000 ">Yeah you, with the short brown hair and the chestnut brown eyes that #FF0000 ">I could look at all day.
#FF0000 ">Yep, you, with the genuine laugh and adorable smile.
#FF0000 ">You #FF0000 ">that gives the sweetest hugs, the ones that I love so much.
#FF0000 ">You, who gets me through my serious ups and downs.
#FF0000 ">You, who keeps me on track and helps me stay focused.
#FF0000 ">You with the athletic body that isn't over worked.
#FF0000 ">You, with the comments that brighten my day.
#FF0000 ">Yeah you.
#FF0000 ">Yeah, #FF0000 ">I'm talking about you Justin.
You. My best friend. My support system. My rock. Did it ever occur to you that #FF0000 ">I just might be in love with you?
No. It didn't. To you...#FF0000 ">Yes I'm still talking to you...#FF0000 ">I will always just be Emily.
Emily your best friend, that is nothing more than your best friend. News flash...your best friend...loves you. I love you. Yeah, I'm talking to you. You over there. Do you hear me now#FF0000 ">? #FF0000 ">Because you obviously can't see the signs. #FF0000 ">Yeah thanks for finally noticing.

This was okay, but you definitely have to proof read before you post. Capital letters aren't that hard to correct, so it should be an automatic to do that before you hit the 'submit' button. Also, I've changed the spacing a bit to try to make a dramatic effect. Maybe it failed... ;) It's also easier to read when it's like that then in a huge paragraph.
who gets me through my serious ups and downs.

The use of serious here is a little bit weird. Like she has ups and downs that aren't serious? Erase it.

Plot wise... It was short. And you could have add a lot of details in order to make it a little bit deeper. Right now, it just seems like a girl desperate for her best friend to notice her. It's not enough to catch our eyes, since we've already read that story a million times, like Nixie said before me. You have to find a way, different then all the others, to tell your story. Something the others do not have. Something that will make us remember this story. We've already seen from the guy's point of view. We've seen from the girls point of view. We've seen letters, tears, promises... Pretty much everything, to be honest. In my opinion, I think you should do a full story, carrying us through an event that either triggers the feelings, or that she confronts him or something like that. Show us the personality of the MC and her best friend. The relationship they have, the problems, ect. These little details will help with the construction of the story, and hopefully, with the originality as well.

Hope I helped, and I'm sorry if I was harsh or anything, it wasn't my intention! :)

-Other One

Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:27 am
KnightlyAngel09 wrote a review...

Hello.:)

Alright, I really think this needs a lot of work. I find it lacking in a lot of aspects and I'm really sure you can turn this into something better.

First of all, I think you should really fix your grammar. Some people on this site are really picky with grammar and wouldn't even review this piece for that sole reason. I don't want to go through this word for word and correct the grammar. I'm sure you know the basics. Capitalize 'i', and the beginning of your sentences. Questions such as:

Do you hear me now...
should end with a question mark.

The profusion of '...' gets really tedious as well. It'll work if you use it once or twice, but 5 times in just as many sentences is too much.

Secondly, this is just really, really bland. There's no storyline and the characters are just one dimensional. You said that this was a true story. I really think you can add more to this 'true story' by expounding on the emotions felt of each character and by showing us who these characters are. Right now all I'm getting is, a girl is in love with her best friend and he doesn't notice. You do realize this is a story we've heard a million times before?

You can step away from the cliche by wrapping this story up differently. If you're going with a plot that's been done in both film and book so many times, you really have to find a way to present it differently.

The whole story being condensed into one paragraph also doesn't help. Expand this and maybe you'll be able to tell the story better. It's trapped in a tiny paragraph.

The thing that I did like is that you do lend your character a very good voice. When I read this I felt like I was hearing my friend tell me her mishaps at love. Unfortunately, we know that the latest gossip from our friend can't be transcribed directly into literature. I think you can really use your ability to lend a voice to a character and make this a better piece.

I hope this helped and I'll be glad to read more from you.

--Nixie

The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein