z

Young Writers Society



another year

by ejbrown


the falls leafs flow in the breeze, another school year begins, another year of hope, wishing, praying, that someone would come and take me away, take my heart and make me whole again, but that will never happened because you already have my heart locked away from the world, hidden away broke and shattered to pieces


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
3821 Reviews


Points: 3491
Reviews: 3821

Donate
Sun May 04, 2008 8:12 am
Snoink wrote a review...



It seems really random. At first, you have leaves and I thought you were going to tie that in with the imagery at the end, but you don't. Instead, you just go one about how somebody has your heart in a lock box. Don't do this! Incorporate the imagery you have in the beginning of the falling leaves and do something with it so that this piece feels more cohesive.

Hope that helps! :D




User avatar
878 Reviews


Points: 35199
Reviews: 878

Donate
Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 am
Demeter says...



I agree with Tamara, you should make clear lines.

leafs --> leaves
will never happened --> will never happen

And don't forget to review!

Other than that, nice job. Let's see what else you've got.




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3263
Reviews: 158

Donate
Sat May 03, 2008 8:18 pm
thewritingdoc wrote a review...



"the falls leafs (shoudnt it be leaves..?) flow in the breeze, another school year begins, another year of hope, wishing, praying, that someone would come and take me away, take my heart and make me whole again, but that will never happened because you already have my heart locked away from the world, hidden away broke and shattered to pieces"

This is good.
BUTTT--

you desperately need to seperate it into lines. Also, capitalization and punctuation need to be added.

It's definitly dramatic and has potential, but can you explain it further?

Who has your heart locked away?
How about your friends?
ANy adjectives?


You do a good job at conveying emotions in your poetry however, poetry isn't just about emotions. It's also about how the words flow. Your words need to have more of a meaning behind them.


I recognize that you're new to YWS. Well, welcome.My name is Tamara.You can private message me anytime you want for help.


Cute piece. I felt the emotion tons.

7/10 because of the ppor arrangment.

However, if u edit it and put it into lines and add some of my suggestions you could bring it up to an 8 or possibly higher.




User avatar
196 Reviews


Points: 3098
Reviews: 196

Donate
Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm
OverEasy says...



Hello,

This is not a critique as I am sure you were hoping it was. I am just here to inform you of the rules. You must to two reviews before posting any of your works. Keeping a 2:1 ratio between reviews and posts.

Good Luck

OverEasy





Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix