z

Young Writers Society



.

by copgraveyard


i enjoy your company
more than i enjoy
being alone, and that's
quite a bit.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
498 Reviews


Points: 5916
Reviews: 498

Donate
Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 am
Que wrote a review...



Salutations, dropout.

Wow. I saw finale and I thought it was going to be long! XD I suppose not, you have to stick to what you've been doing.rhe title does have a sense of finality, though.

That's a really sweet closing stanza, and it does a good job of summing up and pulling together most of the other poems in this "series". I think this is the first time you've used no capitalisation at all! Pretty cool, and a nice style choice for this line, simplistic stanza.

The only thing I have a slight problem with is the italics. What is the point? They can't be used as emphasis if everything is emphasised. Other than that, everything looks good.

It was pretty nice and fun to read through your poems, and here we are now at the end. I like how they were a pretty simple and short, although I think some could've had more of a focus or point. I hope you continue writing!

Farewell,
-Falco




User avatar
806 Reviews


Points: 1883
Reviews: 806

Donate
Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:51 am
Aley wrote a review...



Hey Dropout,

Like I said, I'm just going through your poems to see what you've got up.

Alright, so this review is just going to be a basic thing because I'm going through multiple poems of yours. First off, I like how simple this is. It's bordering on the "too simple" side of things again, but I'm okay with that because it's very relatable. If you took out the punctuation, it would be even more simple and that might push it towards the edge of highly creative looking as well as amusing to read.

That was not what I wanted to say though. What I wanted to say was that when you paint an entire canvas blue, blue doesn't stand out any more. In other words, having an entire poem be italics makes italics normal and they lose their effect on the audience. The same thing goes with all capitals [although that is considered screaming] all bold, and so forth. Because of that, it's not really any different than having the poem in just normal font, so there's really not much of a point to do it. I can see that you have a message in your poem titles the whole "I really want to be loved." but if you're not on YWS or you're not compiling them in a group together, then it really doesn't matter. Right now, on YWS, having it in italics really does nothing for the poem and actually distracts the reader from what should be important, the humor of the poem and the familiarity a lot of us will feel with it because we're introverts too and might end up with that special someone who we actually do like their company.

That being said, I can understand why you might italicise it elsewhere, but on here it really doesn't make a difference.

Overall, like I've been saying, the poem is cute. I can completely understand why it's already got two likes.

-Aley





Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer