The Right Satisfying Moment

by dhaval875

Sometimes I feel like, aren’t we quite busy or distracted in this era where we might have forgotten to satisfy our curiosity or the small moments we used to enjoy?

This led me to write one of my recent personal experiences on this. I feel like after a while I have done something that has given me nostalgic contentment so I thought to spread it or give a reminder to my readers.

Approx two weeks ago I bought something from an online shopping platform for my laptop system. Guess what?

A 16GB Physical RAM.

I know it is not an exciting thing at all. But let me tell you something about my way of getting happiness out of this.

This memory was required for my system to help me perform heavy tasks in a smooth & efficient manner. As I have always been curious to open gadgets to see what’s inside or to do any operations and close them again, this time I got my way to fulfil my curiosity by installing a physical RAM of 16GB in my laptop system. Along with this I also ordered a Screwdriver set as it was required to unscrew the system.

The items got delivered within a day. I was excited to use the screwdriver set as well & the main RAM installation in the system to see the large memory space in my laptop.

These items were delivered to my place while I was finishing up my lunch. Once I was finished, I went for that intriguing moment to do this small task.

It took me around 10 minutes to finish off everything from unscrewing to finishing the installation & screwing the laptop back as original. For caution, I did not screw the system immediately as I first checked whether the installation is successful or not by checking my Task Manager for memory space in my system after the installation.

It was quite an easy task so it just worked in one go. Now the system has 24GB (8GB + 16GB) of large memory.

I know this entire story is not surprising or provoking but for me it was a satisfying experience.

These days there is a lot of distraction or we are distracted by the lifestyle’s updated design — anything you name it.

As a reader of this article, just wanted to flash that we might use to have such peculiar moments — either they happened or we used to create them. For me, it was my recent experience I have shared in this article. For you, it could be similar or maybe something even more or less exciting than this. See what’s it that can give you some pleasure doing it as we are quite busy or distracted in this era where we might have forgotten the golden times and moments to enjoy.

Even in my childhood, I used to be very curious about opening my toys to satisfy the curiosity of how the toy is working. Many times I shattered my toys while doing this.

There is a lot I can write. You may get bored or it could be quite lengthy.

Someday I will try to come up again with a similar kind of story.

Happy Reading.

lemonboba wrote a review...

I agree! I feel like as our society leans more and more toward the "big is better" side of opinions, we begin to lose sight of the smaller things, like finishing a story or watching an episode of your favorite show. For me, it's completing tasks. If someone asked me to, say, bring them back food from a restaurant outing, I would feel incredibly accomplished when I did that. It's small, but it's satisfying, just what this post aims to share :D

FlocculentAnorak wrote a review...

I relate to your observation. I don't want to manufacture computers, but I do love anything computer science, sewing, and writing. I haven't done it in a while, but I would like to get back to it. People around me seem to be focused on things that aren't important to me. What crazy thing this person did or said on TikTok. If you're being cringe. If you have the popular shoes. Being 'normal' like everyone else. All I need to be in my happy place is my sewing machine, a computer to write on, and watching some cartoons. To you, its building computers. i like how you view life. it's similar to me.

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley