z

Young Writers Society



Tingle

by desmerize1819


Tingle



Warm
heat from flames
d
o
w
n
ward
s
p
i
r
a
l
upon skin.
Soft, earthy,
heady sensation
eyes rolled back
no sound
but the ringing,
and the… gasping
of air
Sweet pleasure holds
fast
to your body
gets your brain hooked
you’re seeing galaxies
BRIGHTENS…dims
now blackness prevails
The tingle is over.
And you’re
d
r
a
i
n
e
d
.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
356 Reviews


Points: 10701
Reviews: 356

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:56 pm
*writewatiwant* wrote a review...



Hey Desmerize!

I must say I quite enjoyed this. And even though you're theme is serious, I chuckled at the end. Why? Because of your structure. It gives such power to the poem. I only disliked the 'Brightens'. I believe italics would do better than Caps there.

On the theme, I liked it. It was somewhat mysterious, and passionate. You executed the saying 'Don't show, feel' saying very well. There's also that part with 'downward' and 'spiral', because at first I read it to be 'downwards', with the s of spiral. And did you mean to make it 'from' on the first line? I think 'form' would sound better.

Other than that, very well =D *clicks like thingy* Keep on the good work!
- Kat




User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 1551
Reviews: 21

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:52 pm
desmerize1819 says...



Hey, treehugger and Jas,

I am glad you both like it.

To jas-- I will consider changing the word "warm" and I will surely revised " eyes rolled back". I used yellow fonts for "drained" because I associated yellow with sickness. The color yellow can symbolize energy, sickness or weakness. I more chose yellow cause it reminded me of jaundice which causes one's skin to appear yellowish in color.

I will consider revising, and I do thank you for your advice.

Thank you for taking time to read my poem.




User avatar
661 Reviews


Points: 15961
Reviews: 661

Donate
Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 pm
Jasmine Hart wrote a review...



Hi,

I love your structure and how you use different colours and fonts to mirror what you're saying.

I'd change "warm" because it's hardly going to be cold heat from flames! Maybe try something more fresh. I'd also change "eyes rolled back" as it's a little stale.

I love "gets your brain hooked
you’re seeing galaxies
BRIGHTENS…dims
now blackness prevails",
the imagery is great and the structure and playing with font and colour works nicely.

I'd make "drained" darker, maybe grey or brown as the yellow suggests energy.

Hope this helps.

Jas




User avatar
59 Reviews


Points: 6502
Reviews: 59

Donate
Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:00 pm
TreeHugger12 says...



Interesting poem you've got here. Well, I don't venture into poetry often so I don't think I should critique or anything. But I really think that this is great stuff! (^^)





The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal