REDACTED

by deleted28

REDACTED

Mea wrote a review...

Hey there! Guess I'm reviewing your review today. :P

So, I like your casual tone and the structure of this review. The detail is great and I'm sure if I was actually considering buying these I'd find it very helpful. I particularly appreciate how you recount how you've used it over the course of a day and your experience - too many reviews I find are from the product straight out of the box and are based largely on first impressions.

I think the main thing that made this difficult to read was the grammar, particularly the commas. You have a tendency to run a lot of sentences together with commas when they really should be separate. You also tend to not have commas in the middle of the sentence when joining smaller clauses. I would spend ages trying to explain comma rules (which I swear are overly complicated), but to be honest, these articles explain it better than I can.

When using the single 3.5 mm cable variation the cable length is roughly halved which makes it very nice for just using while walking around or on the bus, which is complimented by how the mic slides away, I can nearly slide it in without having to hold the headset but I think after doing it a few more times I won't need to hold them anymore.

I generally found this paragraph a little confusing. First off, I don't really understand why the cable length is halved because it's a 3.5mm cable, although that may just be because I'm not that familiar with headsets/headphones. This paragraph should also be at least three sentences, not one.

I was mostly confused by your last paragraph. Although I think a good bit of it is me not really being sure of the different types of jacks in high-end headsets and other headset stuff, it also is the most ramble-y with its run-on sentences, etc., which just made it hard to follow. Still, I like the comparison between the two different headsets and overall found the review very informative.

And that's all I've got today! Good luck, and keep writing.

deleted28 says...

3.5mm refers to the jack type, cheers for the review.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:56 am
Casanova wrote a review...

Heya, Tiggs! Casanova here to do a review for you! I'll be taking this paragraph by paragraph, so I hope you don't mind. Anyway, to the review of your review!

Just got these yesterday, had initial troubles with the mic not working when using the singly 3.5 mm jack on the combo jack on my laptop after switching to the two-separate audio and mic jacks and using my Logitech analog to USB dongle thing they worked fine, even the virtual 7.1 when using Logitech's software. After a solid day of using them (today) I've found no problems. They sound good when watching a movie on the go, (Guardians of the Galaxy) as well as when I'm listening to music, the mic is good for chatting over discord or your preferred program and my friend found no problem with my quality in voice through the mic besides my patchy internet. The headband at the top can be adjusted as suited but I found no need to and left it on the default configuration.

Now here you go through the standard procedure of listing what you know and how you feel about it, which is good. But I feel like you could give us more detail of what they're like for regular use- not just on the go. And also go into detail about bass and things like that- as a music operator I'm very concerned about how the bass sounds in that, and if they have a setting for that. I don't want my money going towards something without what I want, ya know? Anyway, onward.

When using the single 3.5 mm cable variation the cable length is roughly halved which makes it very nice for just using while walking around or on the bus, which is complimented by how the mic slides away, I can nearly slide it in without having to hold the headset but I think after doing it a few more times I won't need to hold them anymore. They also comfortably sit around my neck, when I need to take them off to talk to someone. I also had no problems then wearing them for an extended period, due to their nice earmuffs and solid but light build.

This is a very good paragraph, and I like how you went into depth about the comfortability of them. That's always a concern-I don't want something that's gonna be itching at my ears for hours on end until I take them off. Anyway, onward.

They can fold flat which is good for travelling however there are some improvements that it definitely needs; for starters, a lower price point seeing as the Logitech G430's are priced at $120 and offer an almost identical experience, however they are slightly less portable; being heavier, however you can wear them for longer periods of time and have the option for them to be either analog or digital with their included dongle or analog by not using the dongle. But with the SteelSeries Arctis 3's you are limited to only analog at the $190, so at this point they are feeling overpriced and that's because they are. So, if you're in the market for a pair of headphones to use as your daily drivers while you're out and about these are for you, with their shortened cable that can fully detach and their share jack. (Yes, they have a jack on the headphones to plug in another set of headphones.) However, if you need a pair of headphones for staying at your desk and being used for gaming, I strongly recommend the Logitech G430's seeing as they are cheaper and sound the same.

I find you don't really go into all that much detail about the Steel version, and I found that rather amusing. You're focusing this review on Logitech, and although they are a good brand, they're over priced, at least here, and I would like to see more about the competition than what you have here. It seems your preferred ones are the logitech, which makes this review seem a bit biased in that area.

Anyway, I think your review could use some work and more explaining on the Steel's section, and I'm interested to see where this goes.

I think that's all I have on this one, and I hope it helped.

Keep on doing what you're doing, and keep on keeping on.

Sincerely, Matthew Casanova Aaron

There is no quiet. There is only Doc McStuffins.
— Ron Swanson