z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

It's not because water, darling

by defect


There are things in life like freezing cold. 

And i'm talking not about crazy wind in the outside.

I'm talking about Sunday evening, 

when you are sitting in your bath, 

where you try your hardest to feel warm. 

You put that hot water on your body, 

your skin is burning,

but you can't feel nothing just cold.

And when you realize; it's cold in the inside. 

And that desperatly trying to feel warm doesn't help.

It's hot around you, but you feel so cold.

Please, make me warm.

Send away that winter from my inside.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
745 Reviews


Points: 1626
Reviews: 745

Donate
Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:45 pm
View Likes
Lumi wrote a review...



Hi there, defectozord!

This piece has the potential to be quite lovely, but I think you drive you point a little too hard for it to be completely effective. In poetry, there's most certainly a need for breathing room and a place for readers to draw their own inferences. Atop this, there's also a need for clarity of your own thoughts, whereas here they feel rather jumbled and repetitive. You use the word cold so, so much. So much.

Experiment with changing up your sentence structure, your idea presentation, and your word choice, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Secondarily, I want to address the absolute notes of utter dependency in this piece that permeate every biiiiit of it. There's no exploration of alternative means of feeling whole and warm; it's only by feeling this person's love that you can feel complete, and that's horribly dusty and tired. Experiment here and shake it up. Or lean into it. Own it. You're the poet.

All the best,
Ty




defect says...


It is a really good review, it will definitely have an influence in my poems. Thank you so much!



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 27
Reviews: 7

Donate
Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:38 pm
View Likes
menushathenodi wrote a review...



Hello there! Im Menusha.
Firstly, i love your poem. It creates suspense in the begining of the poem and at last you blow it off by the end of the poem. I like the twist and how you brought out the coldness of the heart indirectly. "Your skin is burning" i love that part because its damn true that no matter how much physically hurt you are...it still doesnt match for the pain you feel from the inside. This is a very mortal theme we all face.

All in all its a really good poem. Good luck!




defect says...


Hi, Menusha!
Your review means a lot to me, thank you!




The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13