z

Young Writers Society



The nature's call

by darko.demark666


Behold! Behold the beast
for It is the nature's prince.
Behold! Behold the creature
that makes the psychotic wince:

Fearless demonic eyes
and claws that unwind.
Careless for the men
and skeletons It leaves behind.

Ruling the world of shadows
the beast spreads it’s seed.
Fighting against the others
It makes lead, lead and lead!

It never stops,
even if it's the end.
With the blood as drops
It defends its stand.

It never falls,
never from a gun.
When It hears a call,
It starts to run...

Behold, behold!
It's a nature’s beast.
If you fall to ground,
say goodbye at least.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
223 Reviews


Points: 1659
Reviews: 223

Donate
Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:16 pm
darko.demark666 says...



Rosey Unicorn wrote:
Right now, you're portraying Nature as something demonic, when with just a little tweaking, it could be Nature as a defender.

~Rosey


This is just one "element" of nature, wilderness, not the whole nature.
Thanks for review.




User avatar
1272 Reviews


Points: 89625
Reviews: 1272

Donate
Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:08 pm
Rosendorn wrote a review...



Hiya darko.demark666!

Since I am now finishing the judging for Elements of Nature, it's time to pull up all my entries to critique them! ^_^

I was judging on three items. How you portrayed the element, originality and structure.

Element: You seem to have chosen a nondescript element instead of going for something specific. This was alright, considering how loose I was with the guidelines. However, I wanted something that showed Nature's wonders. I had a hard time seeing that here. It seems you're going after the raw power of Nature and how it defends, but it's hard to tell.

Originality: This was original, I'll say that much. Just be sure to explain your originality in the future so everybody gets it, okay? ;)

Structure: You had a nice, consistent flow here, and an okay rhyme scheme. However, I found you didn't go deep enough into the ideas to make this nice and clear. Right now, you're portraying Nature as something demonic, when with just a little tweaking, it could be Nature as a defender.

You have some interesting ideas in here. With a little expansion, this would be something with a deep message.

~Rosey




User avatar
261 Reviews


Points: 1802
Reviews: 261

Donate
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm
KnightlyAngel09 wrote a review...



darko.demark666 wrote:Behold! Behold the beast
for It is the nature's prince.
Behold! Behold the creature
that makes the unique wince: (Unique? I'm sure you can find a better word for this. Fearless maybe? Brave? wait, not fearless you used it in the second stanza but unique really doesn't match. Cause here you're saying that it makes Unique things wince. I believe "the brave wince" will better.)

Fearless demonic eyes
and claws that unwind.
Careless for the men
and skeletons It leaves behind.

Ruling the world of shadows
the beast spreads it’s seed.
Fighting against the others
It makes lead, lead and lead!

It never stops,
even if it's the end.
With the blood as drops
It defends its stand.

It never falls,
never from a gun.
When It hears a call,
It starts to run...

Behold, behold!
It's a nature’s beast.
If you fall to ground
say goodbye at least.


Anyway, in the 3rd to the last stanza end and stand don't rhyme. Try to stay consistent. You rhymed in all the other stanzas so hopefully this one would rhyme as well.

This is for Rosey's contest? Well then the element you're depicting here is the beast right? This is quite good. Since it pretty much captures the savagery of the wild. So overall, this is pretty good. I do believe there's room for improvement though.

The repetition of lead didn't work too well. Also I think your ending was rather weak. The rest of the poem was strong and wild and filled with attitude but it really dies down in the last two lines.

Anyway, 'tis another good poem from you. Keep writing.

--Knightly




User avatar
223 Reviews


Points: 1659
Reviews: 223

Donate
Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:17 pm
darko.demark666 says...



Edited! Thank you very "nice"...haha...oh..Evi




User avatar
537 Reviews


Points: 60568
Reviews: 537

Donate
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:22 am
Evi wrote a review...



Hiya Darko, I'm Evi and I shall take a look at your poem today. I see it's an entry for Rosey's contest?

Behold! Behold [s]of[/s] the beast The 'of' is not grammatically correct, dear.
for It is the nature's prince.
Behold! Behold[s] of [/s]the creature Ditto.
that makes this scary wince:

'This scary wince' seems a bit immature to me. It's just not all that powerful. You might want to consider re-wording this to give more of that extra 'oomph', you know?

Fearless demonic eyes Nice image here.
and coils that unwind. Coils of what? Hair? If so, you'll need to clarify.
Careless for the men
and skeletons It lefts behind. It 'leaves' behind, dear. Or 'left' behind.

Ruling the world of shadows
the beast spreads it’s seeds.
Fighting against the others
It makes lead, lead and lead!

I'm not too fond of the repetition, I'm afraid to say. It's obvious that you used it only to lengthen your line so to fit with the rhythym and rhyme, and I think you might want to be a bit more subtle. There are many things that rhyme with 'seed' that you can work into this line to fit with rhythym and rhyme. [url=Rhymes with Seed.]http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_rhymes_with_seed[/url]

It never stops;
neither in the end. This semi-colon and neithe doesn't work in this phrase, sorry. To use a semi-colon you must have two complete sentences on either side, and your 'neither' is supposed to compare two things. This has no comparison.
As the blood heartless drops Say what? What does this mean?
It defends it’s stand. No apostraphe, dear.

It never falls;
never from a gun. Hm...I'm not sure what you mean by this.
When It hears a call,
It hits a run... You don't 'hit a run'. You can 'hit the ground running, or start to run. And these ellipses are unnecessary, methinks.

Behold, behold
[s]of a [/s]nature’s beast; Perhaps replace 'of a' with 'it is'
It’s a murderer,
not a priest!


Okay. So, priest is very random. Where did that come? Maybe that would work if you'd been rambling on about religion or priests or the guidance of souls to heaven, but this is the first mention of anything of the sort and it's rather jarring.

:arrow: Rhyming

Rhyming is good. However, rhyming does not fix all of your poems problems. If you have a line that you need to rhyme with, you can't just stick any random old phrase in there just because it works. That's called 'fluff', or, for a more sophisticated term, 'filler words'. Words with no apparent meaning besides to even up the rhythym or provide a rhyme.

Your rhyme means mothing if it doesn't make sense. Remember that, and if you can't find anything to rhyme with what you want, you might be better off not rhyming at all.

:arrow: The deep stuff

So, this is good. You have certain phrases that really pop out and give us a mental image, but your overall message can be lacking at times. So, we have the gruesome beast. However, we never figure out what it is. It's one thing to have a mystery, but it's another thing to never answer the main question. You don't have to go out and say-- "It's a fruit fly" or anything, but hinting about its threatening buzzing noise or disgusting wings will help us visualize your beast.

Also, I don't think it would hurt you to either lengthen your lines or add another stanza or two. We could use more information. Is there anything good about this creature? It's protrayed as a horrible beast, so obviously the author is cautious of it, but does it demand respect? Why?

Questions, questions m'dear. Hope this was helpful!

~Evi





Moo.
— Cow