12+

Pokemon Ultimate Evolution: Who's That Pokemon? - Vivid Colourless

by dark

A/N This is way overdue, but...

Name: Vivid Colourless

Species: Unknown (Not to be confused with Unown, The Symbol Pokemon)

Age: 48

Gender: Male

Ht: 5'11"

Wt: 260 lbs

Eye Color: Lavender

Hair color: Violet

Occupation: None (Former television star)

Personality-

Vivid is a boastful and outright annoying man who often boast about his previous line of work to everyone he meets. Even while being curb stomped by Ryan, he still decides to boast rather than worry about his own safety. Vivid is somewhat protective about his daughter Violet, as expressed when he drags her all the way to Fearahu City on an express flight to force Ryan to continue their relationship so Violet could be happier.

Appearance-

Vivid is only depicted as a tall man in a purple vest with a black shirt underneath, black pants with red stripes going to the sides and purple shoes. He sports hair cut just above his eyebrows.

Summary-

Vivid returned Rustboro City after a long trip at an unknown location and followed Violet around until she told him she was upset because of how Ryan left her. He was determined to force him to to get back with her, so he and Violet traveled to Fearahu City to on an express flight. The two quickly made found Ryan's house, Violet going in first to tell Ryan about Vivid, so he wouldn't go through the trouble of killing him, even though Violet wouldn't have cared. Once Ryan and Vivid meet, he is quickly shut up by Ryan when he kicks him to the ground. (Although Vivid had begun to monologue about his previous job.) Unsuccessful in his goal, Vivid goes back to Rustboro with Violet. He annoys Violet enough to make he hands transform into the "head hands" of a Hydreigon, since that is Violet's species. She ends up choking him when he comments on them, offending Violet. 

Trivia-

Vivid was the first "One time Character" to receive their own episode.

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:42 am

Hello! I'm quite a big Pokemon fan so I couldn't resist checking this out :)

1. I like the name. It has the nice contradiction between vivid and colourless and it already has me imagining some cool ethereal kind of Pokemon.

2. I'm not too sure about the species being unknown since the point of these was usually to identify the Pokemon and to clear up things like that. It can be a rare species but should probably still be categorized, unless it's like another Mew?

3. I wonder if the Appearance category shouldn't follow after the hair colour, height etc. section. I feel like that's more related to those than personality and I'd like to fully understand what the Pokemon looks like before being told about this particular one's personality. I also wonder if it shouldn't be written in the form of generic personality? So traits that all members of the species share rather than the back story of a specific Pokemon?

I think this is a fun way of summarising your characters or building interest in your story. I'm not sure if you should include so much information in the summary section because it has a lot of spoilers, but if this is for existing readers rather than new readers then I guess that makes sense.

The extra little facts like 'not to be confused with Unown' are a good idea as they hint of the bigger world out there and all the other Pokemon there are.

All the best,

Heather xx

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:53 pm
JasonMorris wrote a review...

Just a couple of comments and questions:
1.) Unknown species is dramatic and all, but he has to be a sort of Pokemon doesn't he? It would be cool if you expanded on what powers he had, and let the viewer draw their own conclusions on what species he is.
2.) I like the character, he sounds like a good Pokemon trainer and person, but while having significantly human characteristics. The best character is the one you can relate to, and it seems easy to relate to him, despite his flaws.
3.) I think you should include a section about his Pokemon team, and battering style.
4.) Vivid returned "to" Rustboro (in the Summary paragraph)

dark says...

Yeah lesson learned. This bio is old and far from fine tuned, plus I never mentioned what he was in the main series, again lesson learned. Thanks for the review!

Beware of advice—even this.
— Carl Sandburg