z

Young Writers Society



Blinded prt1

by curiousvampire


This is only part one of a really long story.Enjoy!

:D :D :D

Centuries ago there was once a mighty kingdom called Axael. The impenetrable city sat amongst the tallest mountains in the realm like a gem on a kings crown lying behind the Solitary Wall of Raith -the Great named the first king of Axael who built the grand wall with his bare hands,but that story is for another day- protecting the people within, and stretching stories high that it seem to touch tho sky and continuing for weeks never seeming to coming to an end.

Imagine a city so utterly perfect that not even a pebble was out of place; on every corner of every street there was a bright porcelain fountain, or a garden bed full of fresh flowers all year 'round, or a statue so beautifully carved that it even brought tears to heavens archangel.The intricate lines of the Seven Fate Towers stretched over the kingdom not even the Solitary Wall could compare, carved by the infamous Sir Xeric Ghisteslwchlohm out of pure sandstone that held the sun's rays long after the fall of dusk.

Sylas was the land-ruler in those times.Like the lords before him, Sylas had the gift of sight and with the gift of sight came knowledge that surpassed the young ruler years.Long ago in those days they were many who possessed such gifts , but Sylas was the powerful of them all. Praised by his people, Sylas was a malevolent ruler indeed. His judgements were fair and cunning guided by his sight for he knew what lied hidden in even the most noblest men heart. Where man most foulest thoughts and secret were concealed from others even if h did not know.

Sadly during the young rulers reign a terrible war was being fought across the realm.Living was easy, the land was at peace for far too long since the reign of Raith.But man was not.

Man does not like to be at peace it as seen as going against human nature and progress. So people began to squabble amongst themselves, and from their squabble came conflicts, and conflicts are such an easy thing to start and difficult to end.So followed the war of all wars : The Progression War.

No one could ever remember a day when the air wasn't filled with fire and ash from a burning town,city or kingdoms or when the air wasn't lingering with the wretched essence blood. Once there was scattered with hundreds towns, cities and kingdoms across the realm. Now they were torn down and littered with decrepit decomposing bodies. But through the famine and plague that was everywhere, Seven great kingdoms ignorant to be torn down stood tall. They were Rood, Thor, Corrig, Yael, Trindeth, Quikiaides and the mightiest of them all Axael.All defiant to crumble and succumb to the war and all too proud to unite.

Axael was the greatest of them all and the only one unscathed by the war, protected by the wall and valor soldiers ready to lose their lives at a moments notice. But the cause of Axael's peace belonged Sylas. Using his sight he kept watch over the realm and the leading passes to his beloved home.His rooms in the highest vantage point of the Seven Fates Tower so he could keep an eye on any oncoming attacks long before it became a threat.The people of Axael had fate in their wise ruler to keep them safe and so he did.Yet the other six kingdoms lacked Sylas' power found their safety elsewhere. In thick walls of stone and steel,put their weary trust in the strength of arms, valor, bravery, blood they put their trust in Sylas' half brother,Sol.

With no gift of sight like his brother, Sol strength was in his arms and the way he could wield a sword.Sol had been fighting since he could pick up sword,by the time his voice was began to crack his hands were sullen with blood not of his own.He married a women named Penelo and their love was fiercer then fire and fury.Penelo was terrible and wise and possessed an equal amount of power as his.For years they fought side by side mowing down every one of their foe.

Then there was the Scalrae, the Red Death. The most terrible and largest battle that Sol had ever fought.For three moons he fought unceasingly, neither side could defeat the other , and both unwilling to cower from the battle.At the very end of things covered in his and others bodily fluids amid a cemetery of corpse, Sol stood alone against a most equal rival.a great ghastly beast covered with red scales and black talons. Sol defeated the creature but with the cost of his life as payment.They had won the battle but also lost the hope they all bowed to in thanks, Sol.

Amid the silence Penelo knelt by Sol's lifeless form and called for him, "Sol, my beloved please wake up," her voice a weeping for him to return to her.Her voice told him to live again but coming to no avail.

"Sol.....I command you to come back to me," she cried. Nothing.

Giving up in despair she collapsed across Sol's unmoving figure and wept his name.Her voice a whisper of an echo of emptiness.Sol was gone from this world and she knew it,touching his face with trebling hands tears poured down her face.Soldier hanged their heads in despair at Penelo's grief.

But Sol heard her calling turning his head to her sobs and spoke," This is the first time I ever saw you cry before," and took hold of his beloved in his arms comforting her.

"Don't you ever die on me again, " her shaky voice demanded.

"Never," he whispered in a low deep voice trying his best to wipe away her tears."I shall never leave you again my sweet Penelo. I promise you that on my honor."

Penolo did not answer only wept.The survivors saw Sol move and was aghast and intrigued. He had even fought and defeated death."Sol and Penelo!"Their voices thundered."Our lord's love is stronger death!Our lady's voice brought him back from death! Together they have even the beaten the gates of death!"

And the war continued, of course Sol and Penelo fought side by side but now the future was less grim.The news of Sol revival spread quickly throughout the realm and with a new sense of hope the people were confident that their lord and lady they could defeat anything now.

To BE CONTIUED......


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
261 Reviews


Points: 1639
Reviews: 261

Donate
Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:50 pm
Mr.Knightley wrote a review...



Hi, Vamp! I'm here to review as requested!

Okay...I'm not really sure where to start with this. First off, there were a whole lot of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes that you should definitely look over. If you hadn't noticed before, there is a "check spelling" option at the top right corner of the reply box that highlights the mistakes you may have made--I would definitely use that to your advantage. :D

Also, at times you had weird versions of words that threw me off, like these:

...but Sylas was the most power fullest of them all.


Instead of "power fullest" you should have "most powerful".

Penolo did not answer only weep-ed.


Why the hyphen? It should be "wept". :P

Also, you seem to ignore certain punctuation marks that are quite necessary to any work, such as the comma. Imagine that you were reading this out loud (or actually do it! :D). Notice the places where you naturally pause? Well, more often than not you need a comma to make that clear in your writing. If you follow that rule, it will help you tons! :D I know you know how to use a comma and you do use it, but I think you don't use it enough, and not in the right places.

All of this was completely distracting for me, and now I'm at a loss for words about the actual story you have here. It may be quite good, but it's hard for me to tell with all these technical mistakes running around. :P If you fixed these, it would improve your writing tenfold.

If you have any questions or would like another review, please don't hesitate to ask me! I'm always glad to help. :)

-Knightley




User avatar
30 Reviews


Points: 9182
Reviews: 30

Donate
Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:52 pm
RayquazaKid wrote a review...



I like the direction you are taking with this, the beginning three paragraphs were a bit dull (though of course the setting must be introduced at somepoint.) It really started to pick up when the Progression War started, and then we have the episode with Penelo and Sol. I sense something weird in the latter of the two, you might want to keep tabs on what Sol can do, it's awful hard to cheat death.

Hmm... you might want to give it a look over. There are spacing errors afoot, and some spelling errors too. The first time you had Axael, you added an R in there, making Axrael. You might want to scan through the story and fix these errors, there are quite few of them.

Otherwise, well done with the introduction. I wonder what the actual plot will be? I can only guess! I can't wait to find out :D





Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman