z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A complete man with a broken heart

by crazystar


The magical aroma of the place seemed to break away all the boulders that had deserted my existence from the world.Walking down by the lake,lay the road which once used to be filled with the golden leaves that used to be plucked by the calmest of the autumn winds which blew across the woodland stream on a magical autumn dusk.each single step I walked ,seemed to open a new adolescent memories which had been lost lost in my mind which had been the fiercest battleground of conflicting thoughts and intentions.amidst the tsunami of the memories which now seemed to bang upon the ocean floor of my mind,in one cozy corner lay undoubtedly one of the finest memories I ever had.the memories only contained of only one name and that was you-.Maria.

I cannot afford to forget those splendid moments when we had walked with our hands held together and our fingers crossed,hoping that our future too was overflown by milk and honey.The times when you had laughed at my crazy,freaky hairstyles hold the firmest grip in my heart.The dusk is on it,s prowl and the the bright sunlight seems to pave the way for the moonlight to cast upon its's magical effect on the surroundings.It was in this twilight zone that you had landed upon my lips the sweetest kiss any man can ever desire of.It seemed to me that the entire population of the strawberry plantations in the globe find a new home upon my lips.The times when you had run your hands through my hair,still makes me feel that probably I am after all not alone in this world.

As I walk across the stream, a bunch of wilted roses make me belief that the fairytale  love exists no more.Soon the night comes crawling and the moon rises to the highest horizon trying to establish it's superiority from all other celestial bodies.The autumn wind that carries the smell of so many lovely winter lilies moves across my face as is trying to sympathize with me.In it of it's particles lies promises of new-born loves,the humming songs of the millions of heart-broken people around the world and whispers so secretive that they cannot be shared with the best of friends.Probably even our love story too has found it's place in these special carriages.It was in this bright moonlight ,that you had been pretty enough to even allow Aphrodite to envy you.

You had been the only one by my side from the times I had been a dork till the times I had been one of the most glorified high school students.You had been the only one to lend me a hope in the darkest moments of my lives and also lend me the tightest,warmest and sweetest hugs during the times I was on cloud number nine.Without you I am nothing other than a complete man with a broken heart.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 126
Reviews: 5

Donate
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 am
crazystar says...



Thanks for the reviews.Hope to abide by the points enlisted and writing a better one the next time.




User avatar
841 Reviews


Points: 664
Reviews: 841

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:48 pm
View Likes
Radrook wrote a review...



I love poetry that delves on memories that have become increasingly precious the more that time makes them recede. From our perspective far in the future, such times take on a lustrous glimmer, a kind of mystical, mythical aspect that we wish we could relive once more. Your poem very nicely describes such a memory.

I especially like the road by the lake full of yellow leaves. Reminds me of where I grew up near Branchbrook Park in Newark NJ and its Japanese Cherry Blossoms and the numerous amorous escapades and dreams that were experienced by its shores.

I like the metaphor of a storm and tidal memory wave which assailed the speaker while he found haven near a special one named Maria. The calm winds helping to create a fairy-tale scenario we was also very pleasant to contemplate. That having been said, and since you have posted it for suggestions, these are mine. Only given to help improve writing ability.

Suggestions

The word “magical” is too vague.

What does the following sentence mean?

The magical aroma of the place seemed to break away all the boulders that had deserted my existence from the world.


Please make one more space between the punctuation of one sentence and the capital letter beginning the next one.

....me.In.... [....me. In....]
....carriages.It.... [....carriages. It....]
....crossed,hoping.... [crossed hoping]
...crazy,freaky.... [crazy, freaky]
....desire of.It seemed.... [desire of. It seemed....]


....lost lost in my mind.... [redundancy]
....only contained of only.... [redundancy]
---------------------------------

....crazy,freaky hairstyles.... [Crazy and freaky how?]

heart-broken- broken heart.
my heart.[cliches’]

The magical aroma [Exactly what is the aroma of? What makes it magical?]

....future too was overflown... [overflown means that it was flown over as a bird or plane flies over and doesn’t stop. I think you meant “overflowed” [flooded] [inundated].

....the place.... [what place?]

....I ever had[,]the memories....
from all other [....above all other....]

....which once used to be filled.... [once filled] for brevity or economy of expression.

Walking down by the lake, .... the road. [The road was walking down by the lake?]

Get rid of the phrase: [used to be] Please try to replace it with [once].

The next suggestion is to shorten our sentences. The mind begins to get lost in details if our sentences are too long. I was once very fond of using long convoluted sentences and considered them elegant until my readers pointed out that they just couldn’t follow the details. As much as it bothered me to change my style, I was forced to and am a better writer for it. Let me try to provide an example of how this can be done with part of the first paragraph.

The lakeside road had once been covered by golden leaves plucked by the calmest of autumn winds blowing across the woodland stream. Each step I took there seemed to open a new long-forgotten, adolescent memory. Battlegrounds of conflicting thoughts and intentions. Such memories seemed like a tidal waves assailing the shores of my mind. But in one sheltered corner of those shores, was finest memory of all, that was you, my dearest Maria.

All in all a very interesting story. Look forward to reading more of your work.




User avatar
62 Reviews


Points: 20
Reviews: 62

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 pm
View Likes
CorruptedArrow wrote a review...



Hey Corrupted Arrow here with a review!
(The Comma Police is here! Anything I say here is just constructive criticism. If i offend you I apologize in advance.(I will try to be humorous.)

"The magical aroma of the place seemed to break away all the boulders that had deserted my existence from the world.Walking..." There is a space after the Period(.)

"Walking down by the lake,lay the road which once used to be filled with the golden leaves that used to be plucked by the calmest of the autumn winds which blew across the woodland stream on a magical autumn dusk.each single step I walked ,seemed..." And the comma train has left the station. Space after 'dusk", Capital 'E', and there shouldn't be a space before the comma(but there needs to be a space after it).

"intentions.amidst the tsunami of the memories which now seemed to bang upon the ocean floor of my mind,in..." Well, I'm not sure if this is just bad misplacement or something else...
Space after comma.

"crossed,hoping that our future too was overflown by milk and honey.The times when you had laughed at my crazy,freaky hairstyles hold the firmest grip in my heart.The dusk..." space before 'hoping', 'freaky', and 'The'.

".The dusk is on it,s prowl and the the bright sunlight seems to pave the way for the moonlight to cast upon its's magical effect on the surroundings.It was..." You are killing me here. Space before 'The' and 'it'. And I'm not sure what happened here; "its's" no need for the second 's' and put an apostrophe before the 's'.

"surroundings.It was in this twilight zone that you had landed upon my lips the sweetest kiss any man can ever desire of.It seemed..." space before 'It', and 'It'.

"lips.The times when you had run your hands through my hair,still makes..." Space before 'The', and 'It'

"As I walk across the stream, a bunch of wilted roses make me belief that the fairytale love exists no more.Soon the..." You finally put the space after a comma, what the fricky frack did you do after fairytale? Anyways, a space before 'Soon'.

"bodies.The autumn wind that carries the smell of so many lovely winter lilies moves across my face as is trying to sympathize with me.In it of it's particles lies promises of new-born loves,the humming..." A space before 'The', 'In', and 'the'.

"friends.Probably even our love story too has found it's place in these special carriages.It was in this bright moonlight ,that you..." ok trying to keep sain. Space before 'Probably', 'It'. Don't forget about putting the space after the comma.

"the tightest,warmest and sweetest hugs during the times I was on cloud number nine.Without you..." Finally before 'warmest', 'Without'.

From what I can see you don't have any other grammar mistakes. Keep up the writing, have a good day.




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 106
Reviews: 10

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:55 pm
nightmarenoodles wrote a review...



So I'm reviewing this as I'm reading it. Here we go:

"...deserted my existence from this world." This phrase didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Perhaps a different word would be better instead of deserted.

"Walking down by the lake,lay the road which once used to be filled with the golden leaves that used to be plucked by the calmest of the autumn winds which blew across the woodland stream on a magical autumn dusk." In this sentence, it is definitely a run on, but that's okay. The comma also doesn't need to be there. Instead of using "used to" twice, you could use something like "...filled with golden leaves that had been plucked..."

There are a lot of commas and periods that shouldn't be in place between that sentence and the end of the paragraph, as well as capitalization that's missing.

"hoping that our future too was overflown by milk and honey." I really like this sentence to be honest. It's so pure and heartwarming! However, you should remove the 'too.' It's a little out of place.

Belief in the third paragraph should be believe.

There are plenty of comma, period, and apostrophe issues, as @CocoaCat mentioned, and it was the most fatal flaw of this to be honest. But overall this was a very bittersweet piece, and it makes me remember times past with someone I once loved. I won't lie, besides the grammatical errors (which bother me so friggin much) this piece was very good. I hope to read more from you with improved grammar! Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it!




User avatar
48 Reviews


Points: 174
Reviews: 48

Donate
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm
CocoaCat wrote a review...



Hey there, crazystar; CocoaCat here with a review!
Also, welcome to The Young Writer's Society!
I'm gonna get a little violent here, it really annoys me when people make very simple mistakes. Bear with me.
Sorry in advance.
Okay *deep breath*, let's start with comma-related issues.


"Walking down by the lake,lay the road which once..." There needs to be a space AFTER the comma.
"I walked ,seemed to open a new adolescent" Space AFTER the comma.
"floor of my mind,in one cozy corner lay undoubtedly" SPACE AFTER THE DAMN COMMA!!!
"our fingers crossed,hoping that our future too was overflown by milk and honey." Look above.
"laughed at my crazy,freaky hairstyles hold" You already know what I'm gonna say.
"The dusk is on it,s prowl and the" there is a comma where there needs to be an apostrophe.
"The times when you had run your hands through my hair,still makes me" again, space after comma.
"of new-born loves,the humming songs" COMMA!
"It was in this bright moonlight ,that you had" so close.
"lend me the tightest,warmest and sweetest hugs" Spaces exist for a reason!

Okay, here is a lesson on commas for third graders, this should be at your level.
http://education.seattlepi.com/activiti ... -5713.html
The same thing with periods, space after; the first word after a period is spelt with a capital. I had trouble finding a lesson on periods that would be simple enough for someone of you stupidity. I hope you figure out how basic english works; if not, talk to Radrook, she'll have some websites for you.





If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems