Christmas time.

by clueless

Christmas is...well, what is Christmas? It's supposed to be holiday with excitement, a thrill for all ages. A remembrance of tradition, a celebration of customs and a little baby boy in a manger. For me, Christmas is another year passing. This year was no different than any other, so why did Christmas lose it's spark?

Maybe this celebrated holiday can be thought of like a delectable food never tried before. At the first bite, your taste buds surge with energy. The bliss is overwhelming, and you take another bite just to reassure yourself. This time you savor it, noting the different flavors as they are brought to your knowledge. The hint of lemon dribbled delicately on top, or the prominent sense of chocolate.

But alas, after the third bite, the deliciousness seems to leak slowly away, until all you are left with is an empty plate smeared with memories. Is this what happened for me at Christmas? I guess I'll never know.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:11 am
Katemabob wrote a review...

Wow I like it. I like how you compare it to food. I have never thought of christmas that way, but you are right! First Christmas is really exciting, but then the excitement slowly fades away, until it is just the same as any other day, except... you get a lot of presents.
As a kid, Christmas os so exciting because you find everything exciting, but then when you are older, I find that days that were special, are now just... not as special, if you know what I mean. So . . . . yah. I really like this. :)
Umm... Gold star! :D

asxz says...

Huh, same for me. It's like eating a cookie, and then you get to the end and all of the chocolate chunks are gone, you try to enjoy it, but then there's nothing left, and you milked the chocolate cow dry!

Sayonara Christmas, have a good life.

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:01 am
clueless says...

God, (haha i feel a lil weird calling you that. :wink: )

I think you got my point exactly, even adding your own imagry in there. :)

everyone - thanks, im not alone in this feeling! haha

--Clue.

horsez919 wrote a review...

Aww Mary!! Same here for me. I mean, Christmas was a big thing, and still is, all the previous years. Then, this Christmas, I was like, "hey, it's Christmas".
I think I've lost the excitement I used to have. It's weird.
I told my dad, he just says "Your growing up!" which really doesn't help. :]

But... yeah.

Lea :]

God wrote a review...

I like this idea, and it can be applied to almost any situation like that, whether you are learning to drive a car, or whatever, it's all so... exciting at first, and with time and repetition, it becomes natural, second nature.

Christmas is a good choice to represent this idea, it always seems so bright and shiny at first, like the ornaments on the tree, but in the end, they always end up shattered on the floor.

my christmas's were always like that, but I still managed to enjoy them, it didnt matter that we didnt have the best home life, and didnt have much money, what was important was that we had family (sounds as corny as a hallmark card, I know, just humor me.)

but over the years, you start taking for granted what you have, then you get to a christmas, and there is no one there to celebrate it with you.

then you watch the years roll by, and you realize what you had, and what you'd lost. but it's always far too late to take it back.

Good Job,
Peace,
God

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:42 am
hobbes wrote a review...

i know!!! i thought the exact same thing. this christmas was just like, "hey, heres christmas. oh look, there it goes." but 3 years ago christmas was like "oh my gosh!!! christmas!!!! i cant wait!!!!!"

so yeah.

--insert cool name here--

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox