z

Young Writers Society



heres another poem cheers

by chamberlainj


This peom is a bit about drugs.


We ate'em up and snorted the others
More casual than bread and butter
You could find it a bit of a bother
Im sure he wouldn't agree, my father.

They make you feel like you could fight an army
We pay no attention to the warnings
Inside of you becomes a warming
Almost like a summer morning

It puts you in another world
I cannot explain it in average words
Better than the best dessert
They take away all your hurt

You cant except this if it isnt you
But it is me, and there are few
Who get exactly what im saying
Whilst strawberry fields is where they're playing

They have a bit of medical use
But we really like them for abuse
We all know they keep us amused
I think you all may still be confused

Our bodies they keep on decaying
But our souls they are never fading
As our minds keep on obeying
But as I write this I keep on dazing

You'll have to learn that I'm not average
Half the time I'm really plastered
If your on drugs you wont be savage
If you ask us nothings that matter

Corn flakes might be where were sitting
Seeing different colored kittens
Yes the ones who lost there mittens
In a different dimension is where were driven

However, soon that you will see I am drugs and drugs are me
Soon in time ill probably pay a fee
But until then I can not see
Because I am drugs and drugs are me




I understand, that this poem isn't what you guys want to here and you may not all agree with the subject. But I can't help who I am, many great story writers and poem writers had alcholic or drug problems and this is the way things are.

This world that were living in people are just like this, and I am one of those people.
"Truth is what I sell, and lies I'll never tell" Alex Golubtsov[My good friend, the other guy in the picture on my welcom]

Im sorry that the poem is about this, but I write them as they come along and this is probably one of my deepest poems about me. Because it doesnt apply for everyone it tells a portion of my life and who I am and what I am. Im sure you'll all like the poem though because in fact it is a good poem and look at from a druggies point of view. Hope you all like it though I honestly had a blast writing it.
Because I am drugs and drugs are me

P.s. this poem was written on spot it was written write here in the post box not on word or anything like that right here in this box.

Thank you all


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1349
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:08 am
chamberlainj says...



miyaviloves wrote:First off don't apologise for what you have written, you gave it a rating which is all you need to do, trust me, we have seen much darker topics covered here at the YWS. So please, you don't have to explain yourself or your poem.

Now...for the poem. I think you were relying wayyyy too much on the rhyming, the first stanza especially, it didn't really flow and didn't make much sense. The whole poem had a problem with ti's flow really, I found it a little hard to read with the rhyming just tkaing voer the whole thing.

It's a personal subject to you I understand that, but make it more deep and emotional, it deserves that, and if you are willing to stand up for it so then allow the poem the care and attention it deserves.

Meevs


I do like to take it that way. But theres something more to my poems that people miss. Your right, it should be more deep and emotional.

But, another point of my poem is to make people see what everyone sees drugs as and that's bad. And i want them to go, "How do you write this so casually?"

If you read the book sniper I used somewhat of the method there as the other of that short story does.
He has the sniper eating a sandwich and smoking a cigarette things that are casually done. But he intends to take a mans life. As i intend to destroy my mind, but then i want them to think. If its so bad how does he write it so normally.




User avatar
566 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 566

Donate
Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:29 am
miyaviloves wrote a review...



First off don't apologise for what you have written, you gave it a rating which is all you need to do, trust me, we have seen much darker topics covered here at the YWS. So please, you don't have to explain yourself or your poem.

Now...for the poem. I think you were relying wayyyy too much on the rhyming, the first stanza especially, it didn't really flow and didn't make much sense. The whole poem had a problem with ti's flow really, I found it a little hard to read with the rhyming just tkaing voer the whole thing.

It's a personal subject to you I understand that, but make it more deep and emotional, it deserves that, and if you are willing to stand up for it so then allow the poem the care and attention it deserves.

Meevs





Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela