Film

by ccwritingrainbow

The birthplace of art rests on paper (in some cases on a computer program). However still, both locations assist the growth of beautiful things until they bloom for the showcase. Art is just like its talent artists, it has variety. Unlike the talented artists, it lives forever.

Do you know how many artists who outlived their masterpieces? None. The list of them whose art is alive is endless. Try naming them all. I bet you would be tired after the twentieth name that escapes from your mouth. Lives were lost, and loved one cried. They will never forget the final moments. True, the dead silence is painful, but it’s the memories of loving they remember the most. The smiles, the laughs, and the “I love you”s make hearts warm as fire. Memories are the gears that make the cranium clocks tick.

An artist is never alone. A support rests below him or her, lifting him or her as his or her foundation. A family loves while a “friend” can “only do so much.” A family cries together. A family laughs together. There is no such thing as failure in its eyes. Two families exist if may, the domestic and the workplace. The domestic family lets one go to his or her work, and his workplace family gives him the room to come up with his or her ideas. There is no such thing as the fall. Through the right and wrong, the family is the artist’s guide.

What defines an artist then? Is it a spark of talent that lights up in the shadows, and just that one person discovers it? What turns a hobby into a career so quickly? How could one make no money but then make millions? There is no doubt that business becomes a beast, and it takes a strong one to tame it. The weak ones let fame consume their souls and become slaves to the dark side. The strong talents will learn how to move with the fame, discover how it functions, and that is how they will become so well known and beloved.

We all can shine like stars if we want to. There are some who stay dim to defend their normality. It’s not shallow. We all need privacy sometimes. We all need peace, don’t we? When we get it, we should hold onto it, hold onto it and never let go. Our lost are at peace now, and we must allow them to walk in the clouds without worrying anymore.

Monty Oum, we honor you. Thank you.

Holysocks wrote a review...

Hey there! Care for a review?

First off, I appreciate what it is you're trying to do with this piece. I love it when people remember people... and are moved enough to do something for them. Also artists seem to always be the last people that everyone hears about... maybe that's not true, but it seems like they often live behind their art, and people hardly get to know them, they just treasure what the artist has done - something that is normally full of so much emotion and hard work... something that is commonly a piece of who they are... and no one knows, they just think it was a lovely song/painting/poem/movie/whatever. So thank you for writing this!

(in come cases on a computer program).

Just a typo: 'come' should be 'some'.

Try naming them all. I bet you would be tired after the twentieth name that escapes from your mouth. Lives were lost, and loved one cried.

I not sure about this paragraph, it just is quite confusing and oddly worded. The short sentences with the abrupt stops makes it quite lurch-y... maybe if you try to use less statements? You could possibly turn that first sentence's dare into a question. And that last line I think would actually better start a new paragraph... it doesn't really fit in there because it's something you normally say after you've told a horrible story, not when you're talking about counting artists whose artwork has outlived them.

A support rests below him or her, lifting him or her as his or her foundation.

That's a bit too many 'him or hers' for my liking. ;) I think you could easily replace a couple with a 'them' and a 'their' like: A support rests below him or her, lifting them as their foundation I think something like that would run a little smoother, personally.

A family loves while a “friend” can “only do so much.” A family cries together. A family laughs together.

Actually, friends do more then family can, sometimes... it can go both ways, really. Friends ( if you actually have good ones ) are bound to you not by blood, but by love that didn't require blood ( that's how I see it anyway ). The other thing about that line is the quotes; I'm not sure what you were trying to do there... but I think if anything, just plan apostrophes would do it better. Like: A family loves while a 'friend' can 'only do so much'.

It’s not shallow. We all need privacy sometimes.

I'm not sure that 'shallow' says what you're trying to say too well. Maybe something like 'cowardice' would better suit it? Or... I don't know... but 'shallow' doesn't seem quite right to me. :3

Monty Oum, we honor you. Thank you.

It was great that you were writing this in his honour, but it doesn't really seem like it's all that much about him... maybe if you talked a bit more about Monty instead of artists in general? And it might do you better to name your work something like: Tribute to Monty- or: Thank You, Monty. Because I know I've heard a few YWSers talk about his death mournfully, and I'm sure you would have had a larger interest if people thought it had something to do with him.

I also noticed that you listed this as 'lyrical' and I actually came in thinking I'd be reviewing lyrics... I think a better classification for this work would be 'essay', or 'literature'... I'm not actually sure because I'm not looking at the list of options currently. Even 'art' might classify this better. :3

Anyway, this is a great message that you're messaging to us ( please excuse my choice of words, my brain's sleepy XP ). I can tell you're very passionate about Monty, and artists in general! Awesome job, bro. Keep it up!!!

-Socks

IssacHunt wrote a review...

Short but sharp. A nice tribute to a maestro of animation as well as all anyone who's an artist. Sincere, wonderfully planned, wonderfully put together, and finally, wonderfully executed. Intentionally or not, it reminds me of one TOM's speeches (ya' know, the dude from Toonami). There's a good philosophy, insight, and warm words well crafted to lift the spirits of all those affected by the tragic passing.

The flaws - mainly grammar.

- (in come cases on a computer program)
- Art is just like its talent artists, it has variety. Unlike the talented artists, it lives forever.
- First, I'd combine these sentence and do something with "talent artists", perhaps: "Art is just like its artiste, it has variety, though unlike the artiste, it lives forever. (A mere suggestion, please don't get offended).
- We all can shine like stars if we want to. There are some who stay dim to defend their normality. It’s not shallow. (I'd find a way to combine these somehow)

Other than those points, I thought this was fine piece. A tribute of golden words with a diamond heart.

“Such nonsense!" declared Dr Greysteel. "Whoever heard of cats doing anything useful!" "Except for staring at one in a supercilious manner," said Strange. "That has a sort of moral usefulness, I suppose, in making one feel uncomfortable and encouraging sober reflection upon one's imperfections.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell