z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

My thoughts on Fidget Spinners

by briangimmer


Fidget spinners are the new must have toy for everyone. I've seen them all around school, and even outside of school. I have been seeing them so much I decided last week to buy a fidget spinner from an online fidget spinner shop.

Now, when I first received my spinner, I was eager to try it out. Surprisingly, I loved it. I don't know why but it was amazing to just play with when I was bored, it was fun just watching it spin. I carry it around everywhere!

Let's see how long it take for me to get bored of it though!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 200
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 am
linda54 says...



Are you using it to help you through your quitting smoking. It is hard to quit when you have been smoking since was it age 10 you said you started.




User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 4997
Reviews: 56

Donate
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:46 am
View Likes
aulyasela3597 wrote a review...



Fidget Spinner Toy can help people quit smoking, decrease stress, cure compulsive disorder, anxiety, and boredom. Suitable size for Adults and kids.

Other families are the usage of a fidget spinner as a sport. How do you try this?
Creating games around the fidget spinner for studying purposes is a superb way to use these toys.

Having youngsters spin the fidget spinner as fast as they probable can and then recite anything they may be trying to.

Recently, I saw that someone had put an arrow on a part of the fidget spinner and then laid it on a chore chart and it became spun to choose the kid’s chore for the day. It’s a pretty clever way to get your child’s to do their chores.

How can children use fidget spinners to analyze? For example, recite an unmarried multiplication desk as speedy as they are able to and try to complete earlier than the fidget spinner stops spinning. Creating games around the fidget spinner for analyzing purposes is a high-quality way to apply those toys.

Do not resist the fidget. If your child honestly wants to then you can locate parameters that you could put it in. With any fidget device, I constantly propose to my college students and their mother and father that they set regulations round the ones. This is the feature that it is meant to be serving and while it isn’t always serving that feature then it needs to go back to its domestic anywhere that may be. Children who’ve not the attention troubles commonly have baskets full of these kinds of things and it’s just crucial that your infant and also you recognize that that is what it’s function is and when we are e of it for that characteristic then it can grow to be addictive




User avatar
455 Reviews


Points: 22098
Reviews: 455

Donate
Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:05 pm
Hijinks wrote a review...



Hello! Whatcha here for a review!

First of all, Welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here!

Well, I don't know what exactly expecting, but it wasn't this :)
Just a side note, these are all my opinions so don't take them to heart.

I have seen fidget spinners, but I've never had one. I have always wondered if they were any good, and according to you, they are.

Maybe you could change 'and even outside of school' to 'and everywhere else imaginable', to get the point across.
'I have been seeing them so much' could be 'I have been seeing so many of them', etc., - I'm sure you get the point, try to really get your point across. Words can do so much, you simply have to work with them correctly and you can do wonders :)

In the second paragraph you could get rid of 'now', in 'now, when I first received...'. It makes it sound more professional. 'Surprisingly', in 'surprisingly, I love it', could be changed to 'believe it or not', or something like that. It doesn't have to, of course.

'when I was bored' could be 'when I was so bored I could find homework interesting', to really prove you were BORED. Unless, of course, you find homework enjoyable. But most people don't, so they will get that means that you were most definitely bored.

Last sentence might sound better as 'Let's see how long it takes for me to get bored of it!'. For some reason 'though' doesn't work for me, but maybe that's just me.

Anyways, this is a really weird thing to review, so maybe I shouldn't have tried, as it isn't a story, poem, or even a play. But this is my attempt, so tell me if it's helpful! :)

~whatcha




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 2960
Reviews: 32

Donate

User avatar
1081 Reviews


Points: 220
Reviews: 1081

Donate
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:13 am
Virgil wrote a review...



Hi there, briangimmer! Welcome to YWS! First off, if you ever have any questions, don't be afraid to ask me or any other names in green or red. With that being said, let's jump right into the review.

In this, I would've liked to see more substance. This isn't exactly an essay or an article, though that's sort of how I'm going to be taking this. I'd like to see more thought put in and more reasoning to persuade the reader (that seems as if what you're attempting to do here) such as sources and citing why fidget spinners are beneficial. I can see this being more of a personal essay though since there's not a lot of character here, there's not much personal to it. Go further into the purpose of you buying this.

Did you think it'd just be something fun? I notice you mentioned it to be a 'toy' which is essentially what it is and I agree with you on that, but what did you think about it helping you with concentration? Did you ever focus on that? Do you think this trend will die out eventually? I'm asking so many questions because with something brief and undescriptive such as this literary work, there are a lot of questions that are left unanswered for the reader.

There's also a lack of structure here since this isn't very traditional of what an essay or a review of something would look like. I want to see some more depth put into this if you're going to be reviewing something. Give more of your thoughts and give those thoughts more of a shape and give that shape a structure. Think of the outline as a octagon shaped pool. Your job is to fill that pool with water. Substance. That's what I'm asking for here, and with that, the reader will be more engaged with this.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! I hope I helped and have a great day.

Image

Image




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:08 am
View Likes
Iggy wrote a review...



Hi there and welcome to YWS! It's great to meet you!

First off, I want to point you towards our blogs! This work read more like a blog entry than an actual story, although it's totally fine that you posted it here. It's just hard for us to review since there's not much to go off of. Blogs are free and easy to use, whereas works cost points, as you've already seen! Just wanted to let you know. :-)

Onto my review: I agree with you. Fidget spinners are actually really cool and I love mine! I work with kids daily, so I was immediately exposed to them LOL I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding them in regards to if they're appropriate for the classroom and if they actually do help with ADHD and etc. I feel that they do help with concentration, especially if you tend to fidget, like I do. I usually have mine in my pocket at work and when the kids are on the playground and I'm walking around to supervise, I have it in my hands and I'm just idly spinning. I've had some parents point out how focused I am when I have it in my hands, versus me picking at my cuticles or nails or staring off into space :P It gives me something to do.

It also keeps the kids busy. Cause you know what they say: idle hands are the devil's playthings :P overall, I just think they're cool and I'm glad you enjoy them too! I hope this review helped!





We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire