z

Young Writers Society



The 11th Husband

by blacktiger3915


A young man married a beautiful woman who had previously divorced 10 husbands. On their wedding night, she told her new husband to "Please be gentle; I'm still a virgin". "What?" said the puzzled groom. "How can that be if you've been married ten times?" "Well, husband #1 was a Sales Representative; he kept telling me how great it was going to be. Husband #2 was in Software Services; he was never really sure how it was suppose to function; but he said he'd look into it and get back with me. Husband #3 was from Field Services; he said that everything checked out diagnostically but he just couldn't get the system up. Husband #4 was in telemarketing; even though he knew he had the order, he didn't know when he would be able to deliver. Husband #5 was an engineer, he understood the basic process but he wanted three years to research, implement, and design a new state of the-art method. Husband #6 was from Administration; he thought he knew how but he wasn't sure whether it was his job or not. Husband #7 was in marketing; although he had a product, he was never sure how to position it. Husband #8 was a Psychiatrist; all he did was talk about it. Husband #9 was a gynecologist; all he did was look at it. Husband #10 was a stamp collector; all he did was........God I miss him. But now that I've married you,I'm so excited." " Wonderful", said the husband,"but why?" " You're with the "GOVERNMENT"..... This time I Know I'M gonna get SCREWED.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
516 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 516

Donate
Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:46 pm
chocoholic says...



Hehe. I actually thought that was funny, but I can have a weird sense of humour sometimes.

You do need to space out your writing, it's very annoying hvaing it all in one big lump.




User avatar
816 Reviews


Points: 8413
Reviews: 816

Donate
Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 pm
Leja wrote a review...



Is this something that you wrote yourself, or something that you heard somewhere else?

Paragraphs would be helpful, otherwise my eyes just tend to skim through the middle. Maybe list out the descriptions of the first ten husbands rather than put them all together.

As to content, it's a joke. And as such, shouldn't have much exposition, etc. But as to whether a joke's valid as a piece of literature, meh, I tend to say no. Especially because of the screaming capitals at the end, calling attention to the fact that there's a punch line.





fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow