z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I Believe

by avery014


People say I don't belong,

They say I can't do it,

But what they say doesn't matter,

As long as I don't believe in it.

They may try to pull me down,

Or not let me do my own thing,

But I won't treat them with a frown,

As long as I don't believe in it.

It may give them pleasure,

To see me stop, to see me fail,

But it won't make me miserable of any measure,

As long as I don't believe in it.

They may try to reduce me to tatters,

But I know for sure one thing,

That it is the best ones they attempt to shatter,

And so I believe and so I sing.

I will rise above it all,

Learn from experience and again soar up high,

Just like a phoenix who rises from its ashes,

I will believe and make my own stairway to the sky.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
65 Reviews


Points: 287
Reviews: 65

Donate
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:03 am
View Likes
pineapple321 says...



Hi!

First off, I LOVED the poem.

I really liked the symbolism of the phoenix "who rises from its ashes" as you said. It really illustrates ignoring negative vibes and such.

I hope you keep writing!

Signed,

Pineapple




avery014 says...


Thanks for the review!



User avatar
9 Reviews


Points: 72
Reviews: 9

Donate
Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:35 pm
View Likes
RennisanceBlade wrote a review...



Nice! I love the way you rhymed and brought forth the 'aura' or feel of the subject so easily. The words twist and mold to make a picture and I can see it. You have a great way with words, even when it is not immediately apparent. The way this shapes a story is wonderful, so don't be discouraged by things in your path. Thanks for allowing me and others to review your work! Have a great day!

~ RennissanceBlade




avery014 says...


Thanks for the review!



User avatar
701 Reviews


Points: 49988
Reviews: 701

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:35 pm
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...



Hello. Just clicked the title to see what you believe but this was a wonderful read.

People say I don't belong,

Where don't you belong??? It seems a little confusing.

The rest of it was flawless but you could consider changing stanzas. That would make the flow easier. I really liked the repetition of the line as long as I don't believe in it.

It was a thought provoking one. You will find millions of pointing fingers towards us but only a % is for our good and the rest– just pointing because they were losers. They wanted us to loose. They wants us to be like them. Why???? I want to be myself and not them..

Overall, a very good poem. You are a great writer and welcome to YWS!!!!




avery014 says...


Thanks for the review! The belong part just means that people are not easily accepted into social circles because they are different or not the same as the mainstream, hence the 'belong'.





Oo. I understand. Thanks



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 2448
Reviews: 56

Donate
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:32 pm
View Likes
akanbright wrote a review...



Wow. You caught me on this one and I seem to like it so I will drop a comment and a review if there would be a need for it. I so much like the simplicity of words used in the formation of this wonderful piece of art.
Talking about "I believe" is a very nice one and it accompanies with it an easy flowing diction to which any reader can easily and adequately comprehend.
I may not have much to give as a review because the poem has a fine linear and domestic structure and the run-on-lines are cool.
I admire the poem's enjambment and that made it distinct from what I have been reading from other writers.
In life, there are certain things we tend to give more attention to and these things turn out to be detrimental to our wellbeing. What we put our believe in, is what rule our outcomes in life and so when people believe whatever they believe, they produce results that could either be good or bad.
We allow people to dictate for us the essence and outcomes of our lives and destinies because we allow their beliefs and words to sink down in us.
It is right that you pointed out that even when they say you cannot make it, you do not allow such drastic words to go down to your lexicon of belief.
Lack of believe in our selves have caused us to lose in life so thanks.




avery014 says...


Thanks for the review!




cron
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
— Woodrow Wilson