z

Young Writers Society



Midnight Blue; Five

by ashleylee


Sorry it took me so long to get this up, but here it is. And I kept Veronica's POV.

Thanks for all the helpful reviews last post!

Happy Reading :D

_____________________

Part Five

Veronica

After work, I drove home in a daze. Memories of the fight with Will and the night before with Mike were imprinted on my mind. I wanted Will in my life. Even if we fought, he was the most understanding person I had ever known…at least he used to be.

Mike, on the other hand, was the boyfriend of my dreams. Monica and Will just didn’t understand. I didn’t have to explain anything to them. I had my own life and I could make my own decisions. I didn’t need them to hold my hand.

Shaking my head, I concentrated on driving home safely. My head was pounding as if it had a heart of its own. I could feel my pulse thumping against my temples, making my eyes burn. I needed some Aspirin and I needed it now.

Swinging onto my road, I took one hand off the wheel to rub at my eyes. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something stir. Then, out of the woods, stalked the largest wolf I had ever seen. Slamming on my breaks, I thought it was only my imagination.

But it stirred again and then stepped onto the road in front of me. It was white in color, making the snow appear dull in comparison. It’s eyes were striking, like blue lasers, and oddly familiar. In short, it was beautiful, something that could be seen in a nature film or magazine. He tilted its head at me, as if it could read my expression, before leaping agilely from the road and out of sight. Blinking several times, I tried to regain my wits. My hands were shaking and a cold sweat had broken out along my forehead. Something about this wolf had unsettled me.

Taking a deep breathing, I started driving again, but added along with images of Mike and Will was the white wolf with its blue laser eyes.

William

I knew she was tired. I should have returned home before but I just couldn’t let her drive home in the state she was in. So I waited and waited hours before she finally left the store. I ran beside her, her car at an easy enough pace to mimic, my knapsack with the food swinging lightly from my jaws. I saw her swerving and I panicked, leaping out of my hiding place. I should have ran when she slammed on her breaks. I should have tried to hide. But I was mesmerized by her expression. She had never looked at me like she had in that moment. Her eyes were wide with awe, her expression of pure admiration. She liked my look; she was mesmerized by it. It had sent shock ways through my pelt, making me feel lighter than air.

But reality came quickly and I had crossed the street, forcing myself not to look back.

Now I was coming into the boundaries of the farm. I smelled my brothers on the wind and…a snarl ripped from my throat at the scent of the sisters. It wasn’t long until I could hear their shouts of laughter from outside the house. Sighting, I laid the knapsack on the earth as I changed. Leaning down to pick up my spare clothes, a voice sounded behind me.

“Like the view, Will.”

I whirled to face one of the sisters. It was Dana, the youngest out of the group. She was shorter with strawberry-blonde hair, a soft face, and lean figure. Let’s just say she was easy on the eyes.

“Dana, I see you still like the look of my body.” She just laughed and waved her hand at me, turning to the side so I could dress. Once I had my jeans on, she turned to face me again. “Long time, no see, brother.”

“Right back at you, sis.” Dana was the only one I could really handle out of the wild sisters. She was the least crazy. She approached me, as if to embrace me, but just then, swaying as if they were drunk, entered Chris and Grace. She was the oldest and the prettiest out of the group with deep hazel eyes and a striking figure. “Willy!” she cooed, smiling broadly at the sight of me.

Forcing a smile, I saw Chris sneak a glance down her shirt. Snorting loudly, I started off back to the house. What pervs my brothers were…

In the house, I met the sight of Travis, Luke, Blair, and Olivia bundled up the couch, all giggling. I didn’t even want to know what was happening in there. Throwing my knapsack on the table filled with food, I bounded up the stairs, taking them four at a time.

In my room, I closed the door and locked it, not wanting to be disturbed. Leaning against the sill of the window, I let my head hang between my shoulders. It was going to be one long week. The sisters usually visited once every year when mating was strong in the werewolf population. Technically, Chris was the only one who could mate, but that didn’t mean my other brothers didn’t take full advantage of this opportunity. It was very rare that females ever came into the area, and humans were off limits. So our choices were few and far apart.

The voices rose from down below and I slid from the window to my bed. Closing my eyes, the image of Veronica’s awed face came to mind. Rubbing my eyes, I tried to wipe that from my mind. Any other human would have reacted the same way. I mean, it’s not every day that you see a wolf my size. But deep down, I kept having that feeling that she reacted solely like this because it had been me. Which was ridiculous. She had no idea, not even a clue, that I was that wolf she had seen. I was just being stupid.

Turning onto my side, I peeked up to see the sky, the moon hovering over the house. It would be a full moon tomorrow, the evening of when mating can occur. I would make sure that I’m not in a ten-mile radius of this place. Chris had to pick one female from the sisters and the females could get pretty nasty if they aren’t chosen.

“Will?” a tentative voice whispered through the open window.

Sitting up straight, I hissed, “Who’s there?”

Climbing through the window like an experienced acrobat, Dana fell lightly into my room. Her jaws flashed through the air, her muzzle forming before my very eyes. “Wanna go for a run?”

Eyeing her skeptically, I opened my mouth to turn down her when a screech was heard from downstairs, followed by a howl of excitement. Jumping to my feet, I was already halfway through the window when I answered, “Sure.”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
250 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 250

Donate
Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:32 pm
Night Mistress wrote a review...



a pack of shifter living together? interesting...

you know....i have an idea similar to this story, but i am going to make it a companion to Poison Love by mentioning the characters from that story.

i think it would be interesting if Will and Dana show up together in school and made Veronica. That would be a sight to see.




User avatar
36 Reviews


Points: 927
Reviews: 36

Donate
Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:34 pm
pshhxhoney wrote a review...



I love this story! It's amazing! I love it!

Veronica's part was very descriptive, but short. I still like it either way! Veronica is growing on me.

Will's part was amazing! I love him! If he was real I would date him in a heartbeat! I love Will!

I love this story! PLEASE PM WHEN U POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!




User avatar
842 Reviews


Points: 1075
Reviews: 842

Donate
Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:12 am
ashleylee says...



Writing for love is pas:

I would go for a run with him too :wink:

hehe

playerj09:

Thanks, playerj, for reading! :D

I'll fix what you pointed out.

jasmine12:

Yeah, I know, length will have to be extended but I just struggle with it because if I keep making them longer, I just won't stop at a good spot :wink:

I'll be fixing all that you pointed out.

Thanks for being so helpful, jazz!




User avatar
147 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 147

Donate
Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 pm
jasmine12 wrote a review...



Hey Ash. Sorry I'm so late getting to this. Heckic week here.

Okay, On I go!



Verionica's part was amazingly descriptive. I didn't see any real grammar mistakes. It wasn't very long though...which is sad for us readers. You're still sort of favoring William here.

With William'a part..hmm. I don't have any bad comments, but I don't have much to work with.
The only gramatical error that I found was that you started way to many sentences with 'but' but connects two sentences, doesnt start them. I know its a hard habit to break, but but, it just doesnt work out right.

Your chapter was a little short, I'd sugest making them longer however you can. Make more than one scene of action occur at a time type of thing. You know what i mean? Don't just stop abrubtly.

Well, I cant wait to see what happens between Dana and Will. A small romance maybe? hmm dunno.
Cant wait to read more. Make sure to pm me. Sorry if i wasnt all that helpful this time around.



--Jazz




User avatar
32 Reviews


Points: 1969
Reviews: 32

Donate
Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:49 pm
playerj09 wrote a review...



This was another good chapter of midnight blue.

The only typo I found was at the end of the veronica part were it said take a deep brathing.I would quote but I dont know how haha.


I couldnt grasp if these sisters are there sisters or not. Will calls one of them sis but that would be kinda weird.


keep up the good work ashley.




User avatar
115 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 115

Donate
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:47 pm



*hehehehehe* Love it. I'll go for a run with him.... :wink:




User avatar
842 Reviews


Points: 1075
Reviews: 842

Donate
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:36 pm
ashleylee says...



Lucyy:

Thanks for pointing out all that stuff. I wrote this so fast so I knew I was bound to have mistakes :wink:

I'll PM you when I post more.

Angel of Death:

I'm glad you like this so much! I really am starting to grow fond of this myself :wink: hehe

Thanks again!

Will PM you when next chapter is out!




User avatar
695 Reviews


Points: 2242
Reviews: 695

Donate
Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:16 pm
Angel of Death wrote a review...



Hey Ash,

Another great chapter. I like the way this story is coming along and the person above me already found everything. I'm so happy that you decided to keep this in two POV's. It just makes the story so much interesting and Will's life is so refreshing. I've never read a werewolf story other than the one I attempted to write but I'm enjoying this. Keep writing.

Ta for now,
~Angel




User avatar
174 Reviews


Points: 1040
Reviews: 174

Donate
Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:17 pm
lucyy wrote a review...



Another great chapter ash, but I did spot a few typos ..

sent shock ways

shock waves

Sighting, I laid the

Sighing

She was the oldest and

I know that 'she' is Grace, but it took me a while to figure it out, so try starting this sentence with Grace instead.

I mean, it’s not every day that you see a wolf my size

I would have this in italics

I really loved this chapter ashley, and I can't wait for more (yet again, you have rendered me speechless)!!

Keep writing (:

Lucyy xx





Doors are for people with no imagination.
— Skulduggery Pleasant