12+

Blood Red

by apyrus1234

My name is Alex Pyrus. I am a high school student since April. My peaceful school life continues unchanged from middle school or so I thought. I still remember the day that change my life, it was an early afternoon of Tuesday and I was at school just taking my stuffs from the locker for my next class and then I saw an handkerchief fell of from the girl’s bag and I grabbed the handkerchief and told her “Excuse me miss ahh!! You dropped this” and then when I went to give I did not noticed that there was a bit water on the floor and I suddenly slipped and felon her chest. She was so red with embarrassment and then she slammed her bag on my face with all her might and due to this blood was coming out of my mouth, then suddenly when I was about to fall down she grabbed my shirt and kissed me. I was stunned and also a bit happy too and when I saw her face, I recognized her and said “ Are you my classmate Olivia” and then I noticed her face she was so red by blushing and then she said ”well… I am sorry!!” and then she ran away, I told her to wait but did not listen and ran away.

Then the next period was the cooking class and at the time of this class I was lost at the moment when she kissed me, to be frank that was my happy moment. All I could think was why would she suddenly kiss me? The only thing we have in common is that we are classmates and we haven’t talked much!! ‘Hey Alex? Did something happen between you and Olivia this afternoon. I turned back and it was my friend and classmate Max who always wants to know all the gossips going on. He told me all the rumors that were going on about me and Olivia like hugging and kissing each other at the lockers. My face was getting red with shyness and I only can tell him is that nothing happened between me and Olivia because I don’t want people to make some annoying rumors and gossip about it all, but it is inevitable because Olivia is special unlike other girls, she is diligent, serious, cute and also she’s the secret admiration of the boys at school plus she also helps others who are in need so basically she is the model of the school. So all I can do is ignore him and say him that just do your cooking because you are lagging behind. Then a girl came holding a potato in front of my table and said ‘I saw everything this afternoon, I think it’s not okay to kiss at school’. With her saying that I didn’t notice that I cut my finger with a knife that I was holding, and it was bleeding like crazy, then suddenly out of nowhere Olivia came and started sucking my finger and everybody saw it. After that Olivia told me that to lets go to the nurse’s office and we left the class, so me and Olivia both were rushing to the nurse’s office and no one was there and then suddenly she threw me on the bed and because of that my blood was dripping all over my shirt and she started to smell and lick my shirt. I didn’t know what to do and then I noticed that the kissing, smelling my shirt because there is a blood on it and also at a time when my finger got cut, it all makes sense now she was drinking my blood but what for? When I saw her face to face she got embarrassed and sorry and started crying.

After a while she wrapped my wound and put antiseptic and then I asked her that why was she drinking my blood? She kept quite for a while and I thought maybe its personal so I just ignored it, but then she said that’ Can u keep it a secret’, I told ‘Sure why not’, then she said ‘ you might have already noticed it but actually I m a vampire. I thought to myself how can that be possible vampires exist in myths and storybooks. She explained to me that nowadays vampires can roam free around the world have normal food that humans eat even without drinking blood and there are sun blocking creams against the daylight. But there are extremely rare people like you who possess a” Blood so delicious that it makes us vampires lose ourselves and that’s why I did it all”,’ It’s disgusting right to get involved with a monster like me, I am really sorry’. Then I thought to myself that’s why she did like this, my blood so delicious that it makes her forget herself and that makes her lust for blood regardless of place or witnesses she has no control over herself. Then I said to her” its not disgusting at all, my blood is special and because of that u can’t help yourself and I know you don’t mean me any harm and it’s my fault too that I have like type of blood. Then she replied’ No I am at fault here I m sorry’, well then I said let’s call it even and help each other out from now on okay. I thought maybe she will stop crying but then she even cried more and said “ in the past wherever I went and tell this secret to anyone they tell me monster and get scared of me that is why I was always, but here you are saying we should help each other, I’ve caused you so much trouble yet you …. How can I ever repay you”. When I saw her eyes with tears I felt maybe if I can help she could lead a normal life, have friends and do other things as well. And then I gave her a handkerchief and said” Don’t worry about that I did said we are even and wipe your tears off and besides I am happy to have to come to know you better”.

I could see that her worries where gone and she suddenly hugged me happily and I fell down and my head got hit at the edge of the table and by that it was bleeding like a fountain. She noticed and said” Alex there is so much blood is coming out!! Blooood”, I saw it in her eyes the lust for my blood and I told her to stop but could not and started drinking blood coming out of my head. That’s how my strange relationship with the vampire Olivia started. My peaceful and boring school life seems to be getting far away from peaceful.

...........To be continued………….

StellaThomas wrote a review...

Hey hey hey Stella here to review!

Okay wow! First things first - a whole lot happened in this chapter, amirite? This read more like a summary, a kind of 'previously on' than a chapter. And while maybe you want to get to the crux of the story, I think you still need to expand on this and use more words and make it longer, give yourself more space in the story. Each of these paragraphs could easily be a whole chapter!

In terms of technical things, even though they're really boring, you do two things here that I think that if you changed those habits it would make an insane amount of difference. The first - your sentences. Don't get me wrong, I'm terrible for writing long sentences, but it's something we have to avoid! Let's take this sentence:

I still remember the day that change my life, it was an early afternoon of Tuesday and I was at school just taking my stuffs from the locker for my next class and then I saw an handkerchief fell of from the girl’s bag and I grabbed the handkerchief and told her “Excuse me miss ahh!! You dropped this” and then when I went to give I did not noticed that there was a bit water on the floor and I suddenly slipped and felon her chest.

That's pretty long. As a rule of thumb, remember that you should put a full stop wherever you're going to draw breath when saying it out loud. Could you say all of this holding your breath? Probably not. So break it up. And it's super easy! Have a look below:

I still remember the day that change my life. It was an early afternoon of Tuesday. I was at school just taking my stuffs from the locker for my next class. I saw an handkerchief fell of from the girl’s bag. I grabbed the handkerchief and told her, “Excuse me miss ahh!! You dropped this." When I went to give I did not noticed that there was a bit water on the floor. I suddenly slipped and felon her chest.

What I've done is removed the "and thens" and instead started a new sentence each time.

There's a similar principle behind paragraphs. Look at the way I've laid out this review. Every time I introduce a new topic or idea, BANG! A new paragraph. Here, have a look at what I've done below.

Then the next period was the cooking class and at the time of this class I was lost at the moment when she kissed me, to be frank that was my happy moment. All I could think was why would she suddenly kiss me? The only thing we have in common is that we are classmates and we haven’t talked much!!

‘Hey Alex? Did something happen between you and Olivia this afternoon.'

I turned back and it was my friend and classmate Max who always wants to know all the gossips going on. He told me all the rumors that were going on about me and Olivia like hugging and kissing each other at the lockers.

My face was getting red with shyness and I only can tell him is that nothing happened between me and Olivia because I don’t want people to make some annoying rumors and gossip about it all, but it is inevitable because Olivia is special unlike other girls, she is diligent, serious, cute and also she’s the secret admiration of the boys at school plus she also helps others who are in need so basically she is the model of the school. So all I can do is ignore him and say him that just do your cooking because you are lagging behind.

See? It immediately looks better, and it becomes easier for your readers to read and understand what you're trying to say!

What I mainly felt here was that this piece was quite rushed, what with everything happening so quickly and those big long sentences and paragraphs. I think you need to rewrite it, but this time, take your time with it. This could be several thousand words longer - I could see this easily being three chapters of a novel! (the first where they kiss, the second in class and the third in the nurse's station). And that's a *big* difference. You need to allow yourself to write the story at the pace you would want to read the story. It'll make your plot and your characters so much more appealing to your readers if you give us time to get to know them. Making things longer allows for development, and that's really important. Don't try and squash a novel into a short story - make the story as long as it needs to be.

Hope I helped, drop me a note if you need anything!

-Stella x

IamTraunt wrote a review...

Hey! IamTraunt here to review!

Before I get down to the nitty gritty stuff I just want to give you a tip:
I really liked this sentence, but I thought, hm, maybe this could use a hyphen to liven it up and make it seem more dramatic.

My peaceful school life continues unchanged from middle school (-) or so I thought.

Also, you need to think about your paragraphing. Paragraphs can really help your story to flow and when you didn't put it in, well, it sort of made your story unsettled. Its just a thought, but maybe you should split it here:
I still remember the day that change my life.
It was an early afternoon of Tuesday...

Just something you need to correct:
I saw a handkerchief fell of from the girl’s bag...
Needs to be 'fall'.
And here:
that there was a bit water on the floor and I suddenly slipped and felon her chest.

Needs to be 'fell on'.
You have quite an interesting story going on here. The questions of 'Why would she kiss me?' really spurred me on! Well done!

Veni, vidi, scripsi ~ I came, I saw, I wrote
— steampowered