z

Young Writers Society



7-9-09 Dreams

by anime-girl13


Like petals falling from a tree,
Spreading like fireworks,
My dreams are set free,
Only to be tempted
By the slick surface of the pond.
They are caught by the ripples
That forever disturb the peace,
And they are washed away
To be drowned in the inky blackness
Of the water,
Never to be seen again.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
287 Reviews


Points: 7596
Reviews: 287

Donate
Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:08 pm
Moriah Leila wrote a review...



While the imagery is very good, I felt like you were trying too hard. Maybe you used too many adjectives. I just felt like there was no story, no purpose behind this poem. It was beautifully written, no doubt. But I wasn't quite sure what you were trying to get across? That your dreams have been lost? Because truly, dreams cannot ever been lost. Unless you are talking about those subconcious imaginings we have at night. Then I forget all of those the minute I am out of bed. I don't know, I am just confused as to what you were trying to say. Perhaps you could clarify?




User avatar
373 Reviews


Points: 49068
Reviews: 373

Donate
Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:27 pm
Kamas wrote a review...



This was nicely done, short but sweet in a way.
I like the use of the imagery of the dream sinking into the pond, very well done.

Tennis is right about the use of slick. When some says slick I imagine a recently cleaned floor. You want to use a word that people can easily associated with the flat reflective-ness of a pond.

But really, otherwise it's nicely done.
Keep writing!

Kamas




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3263
Reviews: 158

Donate
Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:57 pm
thewritingdoc wrote a review...



Short but sad :(
I could make that emotional connection to the piece...

By the slick surface of the pond.

I wouldn't have used the word slick here..don't think it creates quite the right picture. It fumbled upon my lips.

As for the title, it didn't hook me in so much. I would consider re-naming the piece (:

Other than that, nothing too picky. Excellent images in this piece to convey the emotion. Nice hook and intro!
Since it's a short piece, I guess this is a short critique!
Well done.
Please feel free to message me anytime you need a review (:
8/10
~ Tennis !





The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia