7-29-09 First Love

by anime-girl13

I met you in the summer,
With your crazy green eyes,
And your crooked smile.
You stole my heart
Just by saying "hi".
And I don't mind.
You can keep my heart
If I can steal yours in return.

kman134 says...

This poem was extremely kawaii! it may have been short, but it was fun to read. This is like a poem about falling in love in high school. Again, very entertaining and I hope to read more from you.

Kman134, out!

Moriah Leila wrote a review...

This was a cute poem. Very brief and to the point. My only real critique was the second to last line.
You wrote:

You can keep my heart

And for some reason, I really felt like this disrupted the flow of your whole poem. Personally I think it would read better if you wrote:

You can keep it

Also, punctuate your poem just like you would a regular paragraph. Put commas and periods were you would naturally pause. You don't have to capitalise each line, unless it is following a period. Hopefully this was helpful. Good job!

anime-girl13 says...

Thanks for catching that! ^^

R3b3L wrote a review...

I like it sounds like a facebook status :)

In the second line I think you meant "Your crazy green eyes" instead of "You crazy green eyes,"

Short + Sweet = My kind of writing

lol

3/5

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman