Mother's Call

by ani

Mother's call

Nature’s sweetness whispered in my ear,

When once I chanced to tread

On the path where nature’s charm enveloped the air,

And where many small trees spread

Tears clung to the wounded tree,

I sat under it and appreciated nature’s glory.

A timid bird came over to me,

And narrated her disconsolate story

I couldn’t apprehend her chirping,

Yet I endeavoured to understand her talk

Fortunately, I comprehended her gesture,

And that left me in a deep shock.

She said, “Humans are devouring our homes,

My kids are starving with hunger.

There is no day when we are not sick with worry,

And when our hearts are not filled with anger

We are hopeless with no support,

And with no voices raised on our behalf.

We are dying without food and compassion,

And are crying while the world continues to laugh”

“Oh dear struggler! ” I said

“I am invariably pleased to see that mother has given birth,

To so many caring and selfless fellows

And I consider it my duty to save those selfless fellows on earth.

I can realise that there are so many like you

Who are drowning in the well of despair,

But don’t lose hope because one day,

The earth would be enraptured with stimulating air.

That day, mankind would be compelled

To heed Mother Nature’s call.

Humans would learn a lesson they ought to learn,

for once and for all!”

Horisun wrote a review...

This poems message is beautiful, and the flow of this poem is amazing! More people need to read this, as this is awesome!
There really isn't anything I feel the need to point out, because this is great! I mean, there is one tiny thing, that might just be what I think, and that's that you used air twice... But they're so far apart, it doesn't even really matter, this poem is just AWSOME!!!
Keep on doing what you're doing, and have an incredible day or night!

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 am
anu wrote a review...

Hello! I really enjoyed this poem. It really is a masterpiece in modern times when humans really need to learn the message so beautifully embedded in this poem.On one hand , we are admirers of birds and animals and their cuteness .While o the other, we are busy shattering their homes.Human nature is something ,I doubt , if even Nature can understand.

Besides, the rhythm of the poem is well -versed. It is so deeply connected it seems as if even one line was removed the poem wold have been incomplete.

Then , my favourite part was when the narrator talks to the bird and understands her emotions so well , she can actually develop it into a conversation(in which many nature-lovers and bird-watchers may fail).
But then poetry has its specialities , doesn't it?

The description of the nature is so amazing , it creates a wonderful imagery in the minds of the readers.You have really done good work to bring this poem on a platform as it will positively raise the awareness on nature issues.

Keep up the good wok!!

Uni says...

Thank you anu for the review. :)

starryknightt wrote a review...

Um, WHAT? How are there no comments on this masterpiece? This work of art?

This was so beautifully written I just had to review it. So *cracks knuckles* here we go!

My name is M, and I'm here to tell you how amazing you are. A few things that stood out to me: the rhythm, MESSAGE, and metaphors/imagery. I could probably go on for forever rambling about how amazing this. It was perfectly creative and flowing. I even felt like there was a little bit of double-meaning in there too! Which is really hard to create. So respect to you.

Sure, the rhythm might not seem like such a big deal, but without such flow, this fantastic poem would not be so great. In fact, it could have all the wondrous imagery and message in the world and still be clunky or lopsided or even a little confusing. The rhythm of your poem was a very distinct voice in my head that showed my mind where to go and what to picture. You, however, wrote this poem extremely well. I read it with ease. I can't express enough how well-written this is.

The message, which is so obviously the star of your piece is vibrant and blunt. In fact, I love how blunt it is. The world needs a little smack upside the head in the form of inspired artwork every once in a while. Lots of environmental issues have been on my mind all the time lately, and this poem just gave voice to my opinions and concerns. I guess you could say that this poem was not only relatable but very inspiring as well.

I can't wait to read more of your art!

-M

ani says...

Thank you so much starryknight for your wonderful review. Will soon post more

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal