Home » Literary works » Poetry » Technology

u know that meme about the brain power getting bigger and bigger

by alliyah, chikara, starlitmind

rida says...

Wow
Just wow

Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:20 pm
silented1 says...

Well done.

LilPWilly says...

🤯🤯🤯

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:10 am
Liberty says...

whoa - this is so beautiful xD the way you guys incorporated the meme into the poem, just - *chef's kiss* marvelous!

i mean, you can never expect anything less when some of the best poets on the site do a collab :0 you know, i'd like to see a full-blown collab with all the people you've ever collab-ed with, alliyah <.< ahfjah that would be crazy awesome o-o 'tis a humble request that you may or may not take into account ahh

alliyah says...

Ah! <333 Thanks Lib! and AHHH that'd be so many people though, you know I used to even be in a poetry club where all we did was poetry collab here! (I have an idea about how that might work though... hmmmmmmmmmm... I'll definitely think about it!) <333 Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this very special poem!

MapleWay wrote a review...

Hey there! MapleWay here dropping by with a quick review!
This was a su[er cool concept! I've never seen anything like it! My favorite part was how you used a meme to demonstrate it. It gave the poem lots of personality and made t stand out from others. The concept was also very unique! It was very abstract and definitely makes the reader think!

Anyways great poem! You three did a great job! :D

alliyah says...

Thanks Maple! (any critiques?) I love how it turned out as well, and definitely will be thinking about how to incorporate meme format into poems in the future! For instance, that dark kermit the frog meme is kind of calling my name now. It's a good way to give a lot of implied meaning, while not spelling it out! :D

Thanks for stopping by! ~

whatchamacallit says...

*brain explodes*

alliyah says...

*POOF - MUCH EXPLOSION*

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:54 am
TheWarriorMingan wrote a review...

Wow, a very interesting poem, Alliyah! I must admit I would have to do further analysis to understand it all. (I'm not much of a poet.) It's cool how you incorporated dishwasher detergent and brainpower. This is the part that intrigues me most:

i cry and the tears
are made of
off-brand dish soap

I liked it. This is funny and yet makes sense in a way. Thanks for the visual aid!

Overall, I have nothing to criticize! Good Job!

-Sincerely, Mingan

Remember: Follow your heart and noting can go wrong. (concerning writing)

alliyah says...

Ah anyone can be a poet! Thanks! It was very special to be able to collab with @starlitmind and @chikara on this - the two of them are experts on dishwasher poetry so I enjoyed learning this new genre. And I'm glad the humor of the piece added to the meaning, that's always the trick with "nonsensical humor" is that it's still got to (at least almost) make sense in some bizarre way!

All the best~

Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:05 am
chikara says...

this makes my brain power get bigger and bigger every time i read it :')

alliyah says...

^^ same!

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton