E - Everyone Language

Will

by akanbright

The wind bloweth where it wills,
the plants grows where it wills,
the clouds hangs where it wills,
the trees bends and swing where it wills
but man likes to be controlled.
I just want to love you
for your love is better than wine.
It loves without minding who I am, or what i've done.
the fathers love betrays not, but rather;
draws us to the place of intimacy, where we share fellowship.
If this is what your love looks like,
then I do not mind loving you back

waywardxwanderer wrote a review...

This was a really lovely and sweet poem, and I certainly enjoyed reading it. As a Christian myself, it's hard for me sometimes to grasp exactly how grand God is, and how He can forgive us for all we've done. This poem really does well to encapsulate how great He is.

The first four lines create lovely imagery, and they're beautifully written. However, there is a bit of error in your grammar for lines 2, 3, and 4. Ex. "The plants grows..." "Plants" is plural, and so "grow" should be formatted to that.

The last couple of lines are absolutely beautiful, and they perfectly draw together and sum up the poem. Reading them, I get a vast sense of comfort and love.

Thank you for writing this! It's a wonderful poem, and you should definitely be proud.

akanbright says...

Thanks way

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:02 pm
illy7896 wrote a review...

This was a really sweet poem with a really sweet ending to it as well. The last two lines were so beautiful in the way that they were not only simplistically put, but ties the whole thing together with the message of love. It shows the author's gratitude for the world and illustrates the emotion behind each everyday object and how they are all connected. I also enjoyed the introduction to it and how you have started with lots of repetition but then contrasted that to humankind.

for your love is better than wine.

I really liked this line because of the implications it holds however, do you think you could add some more detail into this. Why is love better than wine? Perhaps you could connect it with the next line:

It loves without minding who I am, or what I've done.

since this line does associate with the previous one. Wine, or alcohol, could be viewed as sharing the same reputation for being anti-judging to people and giving them an escape from their problems. Furthermore, could you add a link to wine, love and judgement. So, why is love better than wine? Why did you make that comparison, what do they share in common?

Additionally, since this text is about God, could you perhaps include him more as the main subject of your poetry? Extend on how he brings all of us together to share fellowship and intimacy. These are all only suggestions of course:)

Well done on this poem, and I really like the message behind it! Keep writing!

Georgie wrote a review...

I noticed some grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
"The plants grows/the clouds hangs/the trees bends"
Should be "the plants grow/the clouds hang/the trees bend."
"or what i've done"
I should be capitalized.
At the beginning of the sentence "the fathers love," the first letter should be capitalized, and since the love belongs to the father, it should have an apostrophe. At the very end, continuing with your punctuation style, there should be a period.
That's all. Cool poem. Peace.

akanbright says...

Thanks. Would see to that

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest