A Better World

by Zitronenjoghurt

(This is part of the world building of my own little sci-fi world. English is not my first language, I'll appreciate any feedback :) )

ᴛʜɪs ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ɪs ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀᴛʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴇɴᴛʀᴀʟ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴏʀᴀᴛᴇ ʟɪʙʀᴀʀʏ ɴᴇxᴜs

ɪᴛ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʀᴀɴsʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄᴏɢɴɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴘʀᴇғᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇs

Context: This entry is the earliest record about the visions of the Directorate. It is told to originate from one of the individuals who founded the Directorate, any information about the true author is unfortunately lost to time. First efforts of preserving any and all information were made only 2 million years back, long after the creation of our Unity.

A Better World

Fear. Greed. Ignorance. All those impurities that infested the inhabited galaxies reached deep down into our universal society. They corrupted the very root of our existence.

Anger. Terror. War. These are the results of the impurities we allowed to bloom. The consequences of our unbreakable crave for extreme individualism.

We all are intelligent enough to colonize whole galaxies, yet we cannot find a way to live together in peace. While focusing on fighting each other we lost touch with our origin.

Explain to me.

Science. Research. Exploration. The pillars of a wealthy society of progress, abandoned. We only turn back to it when we have to squeeze another technology of pure destruction out if its drained body.

To prevail and not end up destroying each other for good, we have to become unified, we have to lay down our weapons and converse.

Listen to me.

Order. Purity. Efficiency. These are the principles we can derive from the success of science and technology.

Without these, none of us would exist today.

Without structure in atoms, the chemical base of life would cease to exist.

Without the logical foundation of causality, our universe would decend into chaos.

Tell me.

Why do we not, once again, learn from the very fundamentals that form our universe. Why do we not apply its recipe of good to the complex structure we created, society.

We do not have to be guided by the will of every individual being.

We do not have to abide by egoistic causes fueled only by greed.

Let me propose a solution.

First.

We unify under the name of "The Directorate". Directed by the basic principles of Order, Purity and Efficiency we will restructure the foundation of our existence.

Second.

We will centralise the economy, research, lawmaking and all aspects of society which can be infiltrated by impurities. This way we ensure that problems we currently face will never arise again.

Third.

We will abandon all vulnerable aspects of differentiation. Guided by the basic principles, there is no place for forms of destructive individualism.

I am certain.

Creating a better world, a world where algorithms plan and optimise our economy. Where there are no cultural conflicts or other forms of discrimination.

Where everyone is the same, where there is no rich, no poor... Where everyone can pick the fruits of our collective intelligence.

We can do it.

I beg you.

Submit to my cause and together we will bring peace to ALL inhabited systems.

Let yourself be guided by purely perfect concepts which will help to create a society of perseverance. Perseverance we will otherwise never achieve. Perseverance which continuing absence will be our demise...

I have already assembled a council which will supervise the initial steps. Once we are all united, we can finally live in peace. We can finally turn our focus back to the important things. To raise our quality of life, to explore the universe, to help others find the same perfect cause we did. We will be able to achieve so much in unity...

Report to the council if you want to join the cause. Thank you all for your attention.

Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:27 am
lvrpiper102 wrote a review...

I really enjoyed reading your writing style. I enjoyed seeing the different ways you expressed this. I’ve said this in other reviews is that I love first person perspective.

I enjoy reading first person and I think when first person has passion and great ideas like this it’s amazing! When you finally open your inner vocals on to words to let people know it’s always fun to read.

Thanks! My first short story will prolly be 1st person^^ but thats still in planning phase

Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:53 pm
GrHinds09 says...

This seems really interesting and I really like your writing style. It reminds me slightly of Harrison Bergeron. The whole world where everyone's the same or made into being the same to create the perfect society. I wonder if their all the same are we closer to a hive mind than humans then. Would we still be able to advance and innovate if we're not unique and we can't create new thoughts? I found this very cool.

I hope you have a tubularly radical time of the 24 hour rotation.

Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:00 pm

It seems like an interesting world is being built. Society fell from war with humans and the solution is to make everyone alike. This could work, because then no one would fight over anything. However, no one is individual anymore. They’re all robots, incapable of actual thoughts and feeling.

But such is the life of a rebuilt world. I look forward to more of this story.

I hope that you will have a fantastic day/night.

As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda