Thinking in a bottomless pit

by Yasi17

I sat there, alone, in a dark corner thinking.that was it, just thinking. Thinking about my past and my present and the scary future. I needed to find a way to stop caring so much because that was the problem. In my undesirable past I pretended that everything was okay. I left out all the details from my stories and kept them to myself. I ignored the fact that my parent, the two people that should be my pillars of strength, hated me,I forgot about everyone leaving and not caring and I overlooked the betrayal.

I was weak and allowed everyone to tremble over "little Annie" and I took what came my way and slowly pushed it aside. In that time I stopped feeling. Confusing I know, but who else is going to find the solutions to my problems if not me?

My thoughts then drifted to my present. Where was I? What was I doing? The questions lingered overhead leaving me in a selfless sense. I questioned why people had left and I contemplated the idea of being the old me and easily forgiving everyone. Could I change the person people expected me to be and actually find who I am? I knew what u needed to do but that doesnt mean I did it. I needed to stop letting people push me around and control my life. I needed to let myself excel.

For a second time my thoughts drifted. But this time they threw me against the wall and slapped me real hard. They forced me to think about what I want and where I want to be. They made me question myself and where I was at present. Yes, I was looking for directions to the future. I wasn't sure that this is where I wanted my thoughts to be but unfortunately my mind only seemed to want to punish me.

I hated this time of the night when I was all alone and had nothing to do because all that meant was that I had to face my biggest fears and I had to think about everything and anything that I didn't want to think about.

The betrayal I had felt in the past few years from various people in various situations was unbelievable. Somebody of my age should never have to suffer through that constant struggle for freedom.......

Yeah, our thought maybe what breaks down to a Level where we don't understand why we are where we are but they can also build us up and keep us standing..think wisely, be happy!

klara1882 wrote a review...

Hi,

I'm Klara nice to meet you. :D I will review your piece today.

First off, I'd like to say that I really felt like I could relate to Annie. It made me feel what she felt - vanity, fear, confusion - and, of course, it made me like this even more.

~For a second time my thoughts drifted. But this time they threw me against the wall and slapped me real hard. They forced me to think about what I want and where I want to be.

This is my favorite part. The fact that her thoughts 'threw her against the wall and slapped her real hard' just blew me away.

However, I didn't quite like the first few sentences (which are very, VERY important for they make the reader intersted in what have you written).
~I sat there, alone, in a dark corner thinking.that was it, just thinking. Thinking about my past and my present and the scary future.
Maybe it would've sounded better as: 'I sat there, all alone, in a dark corner of my room. I was thinking. That was it - I was just thinking.'
I don't know. You certainly don't have to take my advice.

I suggest you to use italics when you want to point something out.

Also
~ I knew what u needed to do but that doesnt mean I did it.
I think 'u' should be 'I'. Doesnt - doesn't.

All in all, I think the writing is good. Although I have to say that I didn't like the last paragraph. It is all so 'sudden' in a way that we don't get explanations for what you've mentioned before - the betrayal, all of the questions etc.
Maybe you should work on that.

Keep writing! :)
Klara

Yasi17 says...

Hey klara, nice to meet you...

I am glad that the piece was relatable and has served the purpose I hoped. I'm thankful for your review and your help...it was really interesting to get some feed back...I value your words and reviews :)
I will work on my entrance and exits of my pieces and I thank you for your words. Yes I figured now that I made that grammatical error thanx for pointing it out :p
I look forward to hearing more from you...
:)

klara1882 says...

I'm glad I helped and you're welcome :)

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac