Nightmares

by Yasan

I looked around and saw nothing as I was in a dark room,
I saw a man who asked me to follow as I foolishly followed him,
I was then violated from head to toe and sent back into the dark room,
Crying and crying for my parents as if wondering what I did wrong,
I suddenly  heard a noise and looked around as I woke,
I laughed because I was in my warm room,
Happy that I was safe

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 am
SarahMazer wrote a review...

I like this poem! The idea of a nightmare so terrifying gives me the chills. I was relieved when the narrator woke up, and laughed at thinking momentarily the dream was real. To think you are experiencing that, and then to be merely in your warm, cozy bedroom is amazing. Keep up the good work.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:31 pm
Blift says...

It's really good to know that the person didn't get raped (I'm assuming that was what the nightmare was about). Really good.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:46 am
vidhya iyer wrote a review...

it is a nice work. but u can make it better. don't give full sentences. make the readers earn it. give some rhyming to the end or at least make the beginning similar. something has to be done to make it more adoring. write some simple theme like this and make it very beautiful. not with adverbs and adjectives but the style. try this same work in something ornate. you have to try a lot. but you will find that the result is very amazing. you will discover more in you. anyway its good to start with. i hope you will consider my suggestion.good luck. keep going.

Yasan says...

Thanks and I will consider it.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:31 am
Ary wrote a review...

It's a good poem, my only concern is the part were you say:
"I suddenly i heard a noise and looked around as i woke..."
I don't know if you did that on purpose or if it was an accident but "I suddenly i" sounds very wrong it would have been better if you eliminate the second I.
Another thing I notice is that you keep writing "I" in lower case when "I' is always suppose to be written in upper case. Overall, the poem does have a sort of thriller feel to it that makes me like it. So keep writing, just try to fix the ''I'' part and you'll be fine.
Hope it helps,
Ary
P.S. don't let this bring you down, trust me I commit errors all the time. :)

Yasan says...

Thank you.

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian