A Forbidden Love: Chapter Two

by XxxSummerxxX

"What's going on?! Neil, what is happening?!" I cried out while holding fast to my brother's arm.

The screams and howls from outside where what had woke me. Instantly I’d gone to my brother’s room. Since our father’s death five years ago I’d always gone to my brother.

"The treaty has been broken," he whispered so low I could barely hear him. "We have to leave... now."

"What? No. No, they can't! Why are they here?"

"Samantha, I don't know. I'm not dad; I don't know what to do!" Neil yelled in panic. He never yelled, especially at me. I felt the burning tears of fear in my eyes. I tried to hold them back; neverless, they rolled down my cheeks. "Please don't cry. I'm sorry, Sam. Everything will be okay, I promise."

He held me to him and walked me down the hall and to the front door. We had to leave. It was no longer safe here. But where would we go? Nowhere was safe anymore.

I lifted my head and wanted to scream but no sound came out.

The houses were on fire and thick clouds of smoke hung around us. And the blood, so much blood. The streets ran red. It was impossible to tell whose it was. It could be have belonged to anyone.

"Neil! Look out," I screamed as a black cloaked figure walked closer to us. There was a sick grin on his face and his crimson eyes gleamed. Oh God...

"Get behind me!" Neil ordered before turning to face the figure before us.

I gripped tightly to him. I had never seen a vampire before and now that I have I was too scared to care. Those eyes, the teeth, oh God he looked evil.

"Damien," Neil spat. “What do you want with us?”

I felt him go completely ridged.

"Nothing other than I want you to bleed," he replied in a smooth deep voice. Then he licked his two pointed fangs.

"Run, Sam," my brother whispered.

His joints were popping. I saw his nails grow longer and darker. I couldn't make my legs move.

"No. Neil no," I said into his shirt. "I can't, I won't."

"Yes you will. Now run."

He pushed himself out of my hold and launched himself at the vampire called Damien. I watched as the shaggy brown mass landed on the vampire and as the vampire knocked the wolf off of himself. I watched as they jumped and struck at each other. I watched as Damien pinned my brother down and grabbed a hold of his head. And I heard the sickening snapping of bones.

Then, I ran. I ran past the burning houses and past the bodies of both vampires and werewolves. I ran till I could run no more and fell to the ground where I wept until Alex brought me home some hours later.

A home that could never really be a home ever again.

He promised it would be okay. He promised...

-------------

I blinked a few times and placed a hand to the side of my head. It felt like I had a dozen tiny hammers banging against my skull. I probably had a concussion and, if not, then it was just one killer headache. I moaned and sat up. Though I was on the ground, I had a blanket lain over top of me.

I looked around and saw a fire a few feet away and there was a person looking through the flames at me. I could not see their face but I had a pretty good guess of who it was; Hunter or Alex.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hand.

"You were right, so how did you find me?" I asked draping the blanket over my arms. It was kind of cold out even with the fire blazing.

"Ah, the big bad wolf awakens. It really wasn't that hard. All I had to do was follow the sounds of shrieking and struggle," he said.

It must be Alex, I thought. Hunter doesn't sound like that.

"Where is the one that attacked me?"

"Dead," he said simply.

"What?! You killed him?" Alex has never killed anything in his life. I mean seriously, he would not even hurt a fly.

"Yes, well he was getting rather annoying."

"Wow. Man, I can't believe Hunter was right. Are you going to tell on me?" I asked looking up at him but only seeing the shadow on his face.

"Tell? Tell who? If I wanted to kill you, I would have let your attacker finish you off."

"That is not even funny."

"I'm not joking, princess. If I told anybody it would reach my brother's ears and then he would kill you. I saving you would have been pointless if that were to happen."

"You don't have a brother. And since when did you start calling me princess? I don't think I like it." What was his problem? This wasn’t like Alex at all.

I rose to my feet and walked over to the boy. This was all too weird. I sat down next to him just as he turned away.

"Samantha Leigh Geighman, hunter of vampires, and heir to the throne of the northern lycanthrope pack. You are deadly, dangerous, and beautiful which leads most to their death. And yes, I do have a brother. One that is just as smart and deadly as yourself."

He turned his head to face me and I gasped. That was not Alex.

I jumped back and growled from deep within my chest. A sweet scent filled my nostrils as he jumped on top of me, pinning me to the ground. He was stronger than he looked and I could not move. It would have been all too easy for him end my life right then and there but he did not, and I did not try to struggle. But how could I have missed that smell? My head must have been worse off then I originally thought.

This vampire had piercing blue eyes. His black hair was long for a boy, but it wasn’t really considered long. It had a slight wave and hung in his face as he held me down. Then he had those full lips. But I swear I could lose myself in those eyes.

What was wrong with me? I should be trying to kill him!

I had never seen a vampire without glowing red eyes. Why was he different?

"Okay, I thought you were going to kill me next, so if I let you up will you hurt me? I promise not to hurt you. Do we have a deal?" He asked easing up on me a bit.

"Uh-hum." Blue like the sky, that was the color his eyes were. Ah, get a grip on yourself, Sam! He’s a vampire!

Slowly he pushed himself off of me and into sitting position. I sat up as well and looked at him. Why did he not kill me? We were sworn enemies. He saw me kill another vamp, what was his deal? Why was I not killing him? God, how hard did I hit my head?

"Well, I know who you are, so I guess you want to know who I am.”

I nodded.

“I'm Christopher."

"You're a... a vampire?"

"Well yeah," he said looking at me funnily.

I felt my pulse quicken. My hands were sweating. I was light headed. This must be the work of a really bad concussion! I was never like this.

"But your eyes, and you helped me," I whispered unsure why I wasn't attacking. I should be ripping him up into itsy bitsy pieces right now.

"Only those feeding have red eyes, princess. And yes, I saved you. Why should I help my brother when he would like nothing more than to see my lifeless corpse next to yours?"

"Oh… And it's Sam."

"Excuse me?"

"You can call me Sam." Why did I just say that? I should not trust this guy. I mean he is a vampire. He should be dead! I should have killed him already!

"Alright, Sam." He grinned a very charmingly, and I bit my lip to keep from smiling along. "Now I have a question for you. Why were you out here all alone? It is not safe for your kind, much less for one as hated and high ranking as yourself."

"I work alone. I can take care of myself and I’m looking for someone special."

"Yes I see that you can take care of yourself quite well," he rolled his eyes and I glared at him causing him to laugh. It was smooth, almost musical. "So who is this special person?"

"Damien," I spat the name like it was acid. It left a nasty taste in my mouth that no amount of water could ever wash out.

"Damien," he repeated slowly losing all lightheartedness. "I should have known."

"Hmm?"

"I think I can help you."

"Really? How?"

"Hell, he's my brother."

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:40 am
mhmmcolleenx0 wrote a review...

Awww. The beginning was sad. Gosh! Why did you have to make me like Neil? Gosh, this always happens to me. Even though he's barely in it I loved him. Sorry, this always happens. I always love the heroic guy characters. So, just ignore that. I really like this so keep it up!.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:31 am
Lauren2010 wrote a review...

Christopher the kind vampire. I like it.

A few suggestions:

First off, since you are dealing with the whole vampire/werewolf thing please try not to make it too twilighty. I personally am a big fan of twilight, but be original okay? (I see you aren't having much of an issue so far, just keep it up)

"Samantha, I don't know. I'm not dad; I don't know what to do! Please don't cry. I'm sorry, Sam. Everything will be okay, I promise."

so that part ^^ its all run together. It should be more broken up like:

"Samantha, I don't know. I'm not dad." Neil said/paniced/whatever tag u wish.
"I don't know what to do!" he said/paniced/whatever.
I felt the tears in my eyes.
"Please don't cry. I'm sorry, Sam."
I still couldn't help it though.
"Everything will be okay, I promise." he comforted/whatever.

something showing why he is saying whats next. And also a lot of your speaking parts dont have tags. Tags can help you understand whats going on or how things are being said exactly. But it wasn't horrible and its pretty much up to you what to do with it. It's still understandable how it is but some readers may not catch on to tone and such.

Well thats about it...i'm not very nitpicky. But my suggestion is always to re-read it a few times. Like maybe once today and once tomorrow or whatever. It helps and you may catch things that don't make sense.

Keep writing! I can't wait to read more. You should pm me when you have more up =)

Who knew Kansas City had its own branch of the Yakuza?
— Jason Sudeikis