z

Young Writers Society



Dear Lacy (Letter 2)

by Xreigon


Dear Lacy,

I know I will never send this letter to you. Ever. I cannot bear to receive more of your amazing letters. I am almost crying even thinking about you.

The reason I stopped talking to you....well, it was because we had to leave. My dad’s job was taking him across the country and I would never see you again. I will never see you again. So instead of go through the horrible time growing apart from each other, I cut you off. I didn't reply.

I bet you hate me.

It would have been easier if I didn't love you so much. But I do, Lacy. I love you so much. More than you can imagine.

You are so beautiful. And you don't even realize it. You chose me when any guy would have loved to be yours. I loved the time I got to spend with you.

But now...it's gone. I am far away from you and I will never again wrap my arms around you. I will never again feel your soft lips pressed against mine. I will never again comfort you when you are sad, or mad, or upset.

I am no longer yours.

And yet, if I came back, would you still care about me? Would you run and jump into my arms like you used to? Or would you ignore me entirely and break my heart again? I am hoping for the first one. I still love you, Lacy.

With much love,

Josh Reiner


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
27 Reviews


Points: 5634
Reviews: 27

Donate
Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:23 am
alanafiredancer wrote a review...



Hey Firedancer here to review your literary work/letter.

"So instead of go through the horrible time growing apart from each other, I cut you off. I didn't reply." I think that you meant either "So instead of having to go through the horrible time..." or "So instead of going through the horrible time..."

I have to admit, that I am a schmuck for romance. Your whole paragraph here, "But now...it's gone. I am far away from you and I will never again wrap my arms around you. I will never again feel your soft lips pressed against mine. I will never again comfort you when you are sad, or mad, or upset." really hit me in the feels. It is a very sad and heart felt paragraph full of the feelings that this lover wants to say in person but can't because of the great distance between him and his love. And the agony, oh the agony, of him not knowing if Lacy is with another. Of him not knowing if Lacy pines for him the same way that he pines for her, it is killing him, plain and simple.

However I must admit that however much I long for something like this to be true, I realize in my heart that it can not be true of typical human beings to feel this capacity for love. That it is only through intense love and sacrifice that one can achieve this level of feeling and that that person is rare to find, rare indeed.

And I am sorry but this subject is just so emotional for me :') I think that I am tearing up. I can...not...go any...further...




User avatar
935 Reviews


Points: 2806
Reviews: 935

Donate
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:46 am
Shady wrote a review...



Hey Xreigon!

As promised, I am here, at "Dear Lacy"...Oops, I think I referred to it as "Dear Lucy" in my former post...disregard the 'U' and imagine an 'a' in its place...

Anyway, this is the very next review that I did after "Dear Josh" so I still cannot claim to be knowledgable about reviewing this type of thing. But, nonetheless, I am attempting it once more (I never claimed to be a bright Vyper).

And you don't even realize it.
~ Don't start sentences with 'and'. That's just a general rule that carries over into everything but poetry ('cause poetry is psychotic and makes up its own rules to follow)- but I review in prose (thus the cynical comment about poetry), and you don't begin a sentence with 'And' if you can possible avoid it.

"And" is a linking work, therefore it should link something, not introduce it. I think I have sufficiently beat that dead horse, so moving on...

With much love,
~ This doesn't feel like something that a dude would say...

Anyway, my over all impression was very similar as it was in "Dear Josh"- that it's a very pretty, sweet, emotional seperation of two forlorn lovers.

I like it.

~Shady





Seeing is believing, but feeling is the truth.
— Thomas Fuller