z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Dear Anonymous (part 4)

by Xreigon


Dear my darling Ariel,

I am sorry that you feel the need to get upset with me. I am not purposely trying to aggravate you, only show you my true self. You are still trying to figure out how you feel about me and I find that showing you my ways before you meet me seems like a good idea.

I have had many girlfriends, but I am not saying that so that you will mistrust me, only so that you know. I have never “done” anything with them, so I will come to you with my whole self, given freely to you. I wish to be more than a boyfriend to you, but to also be your confidant, your best friend, and your love.

I like lions, but were you attempting to write a research paper or something? Just kidding.

I write to you with formal writing for many reasons. It serves to tell you that I care enough to do this with you. It shows that you are worth the formality. You are worth anything.

My dear, I want to you to promise me something, for I can no longer write without knowing this. Will you promise me to not forget the things I have told you? When you were younger, I saw you lurk around the edges of crowds, unsure of yourself. Now, I have seen you flourish. Please stay as your confident, beautiful self. The true self I know you are.

Eager for your reply,

Me


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
7 Reviews


Points: 393
Reviews: 7

Donate
Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:32 pm
tylerthomas wrote a review...



Fourth excerpt, dang. I like finding out more about this Mr. Anonymous. This letter really shapes his character more. He seems a lot different that from the first letter but not in a contradictory way. More like in a unwrapping a christmas present...a creepy, unknown, poetic, literate Christmas gift. I really enjoyed how he said "Eager for your reply, Me" I like this because it seems more personal than "anonymous" or "your secret admirer".
once again I enjoyed the work and i can't wait for the net part
keep up the writing




User avatar
22 Reviews


Points: 451
Reviews: 22

Donate

User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 549
Reviews: 6

Donate
Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 am
LadyLazarus wrote a review...



Awww. I love this guy. He's adorable!

Lovely letter. Stunning, and so touching. If I were Ariel, I wouldn't be writing to the guy demanding his identity, I'd be demanding marriage! :D

Firstly:

Dear my darling Ariel,


Did you mean: "Dear, my Darling Ariel" or "My Darling Ariel" or just "Dear Ariel"?

I do like whales, but I agree that the topic is subjectively boring.


Ha! This made me laugh. :)

for I can longer write without knowing this.


This is strange, and I feel a word is missing. Perhaps "for I can no longer write without telling you this"? Or something like that? Just "longer" by itself doesn't make as much sense.

Loved it! MOAR! :D




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 5041
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:24 am
KittyCatMeow says...



I can no longer say anything. Your writing is wonderful.

All I can give you is a comment. I am not alone :). Hopefully, I will see more of your work eventually.

Keep writing beautifully!




User avatar
123 Reviews


Points: 2762
Reviews: 123

Donate
Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:30 am
FatCowsSis wrote a review...



Hmmm. This series of letters is very interesting. The idea you had in doing this is very creative. When Ariel is replying to her secret admirer, could you make it a little less like a conversation with herself? I like the context of that, but not the way it's used. This is a really neat idea! I like it a lot! Keep it up!





According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie