tourner loin, s'il vous plaît, ne pas dévisager à moi.

by Wulie

A bit weak at the start, but a powerful ending I really loved it's just one of those classics. However I wouldn't say it was one of the best however it was better than I could ever do! When i have some time I'll say some more !
wu

jenni321 wrote a review...

Well, I liked it! it was total Mr. Brightside (like someone said earlier.) the beginning was kind of teetering on the edge, but it finished up quite nicely at the end. I would give this.....3 thumbs up. oh wait, only 2, never mind.

JEnni

Chevy wrote a review...

I can really relate to this. Reminds me so much of last weekend it's unbelievable. You've inspired me to do something, Brad.
This is the poem I have been trying to write for awhile now. But now thanks to you, I don't have to because you've done it for me(that's the advantage of having friends that know you so well,lol), and I'm just going to keep reading it and reading it over and over until I've found my revelation.
There's something in this poem...I can scarcely pull it out...I don't know what it is, but I'm trying to capture it and I just can't...

Okay, I'll stop rambling. You know who I'm starting to sound like.

But to me, this poem brought something out of me that was very personal...it really played with my emotions. Brad you've really done it this time. I've saving this poem on my computer. This is beautiful.

Nic Cobb says...

Sorry, my French is bad. The title makes sense now.

AstrangedbeaR says...

ahhh...it all adds up now, kinda relates to the poem in some ways

Incandescence says...

The title actually means: Turn Away, Please, Do Not Look At Me.

Nic Cobb wrote a review...

to turn far, please, not to disfigure with me

(I love French)

Odd title in my opinion, very odd. It is sad as the best always are. I was also reminded of Mr. Brightside, but I probably listen to that song too much. I'm impressed by it. I agree that the end was better than the beginning. The font is very, very annoying.

AstrangedbeaR wrote a review...

nice, sad yet nice. dont really know what the title has to do with it? nice title though i like it, although it's in french something about thank-u. bearing in mind i studied it for 5 years. first stanza i agree with the other was a tad weak but it didnt stop me from liking it.

Firestarter wrote a review...

Great stuff...you seem to be able to churn out these great poems everyday.

I haven't really got any critique, but the third stanza is definitely the strongest, and the first, I feel is the weakest. Like Wulie said, it finishes much better than it starts, but that may be a good thing in this poem.

Sam wrote a review...

Wow.

This is so Mr. Brightside. You portray the feeling of that awkward moment...that awkward moment when you say hi to someone you haven't seen in awhile and you really don't know how they're going to react (i have no way to put it) very well.

At least, that's what i'm getting. If the point is supposed to be something else, then i suggest you change something.

And I love the 'getting high on Dr. Pepper' thing. Ha ha. The last line, very nice. Your last lines are getting better, Brad. It's progress!

Very good. This poem very much reminded me of some of your older works (blood on your dandelions, etc.)

Nice. But what's with the strainingly small font? Kinda annoying...

Wulie says...

The start is much better now a little more descriptive but still portraying the idea of some one unsure of what to say!

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner