z

Young Writers Society



The Path I Took

by WordsOfLove


One choice in your life multiplies,
The choice I took scarred me for life,
If I could go back and change it I would,
Yet I can not.

When I made that choice I was young and foolish,
I did not think of who it would effect,
my friends,
my family,
my love,
Yet I am not proud of that choice,
I have to live with it forever.

I wish I took another path,
I want to be out of my misery,
But I will look forwards and hope for a better tomorrow,
yet I can not change my past.
 
But now I will think about who it will effect,
and I will look back to my past ashamed,
and the path I did take.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
355 Reviews


Points: 2099
Reviews: 355

Donate
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:41 pm
View Likes
LadySpark wrote a review...



Hi Girly! :D
Here to review!

I have to admit, I was very very happily surprised by this poem. Your grammar was very nicely done, no spelling mistakes, and a nice idea. Here's the one problem I found with this. It doesn't have a coloring.
When I say coloring, I mean with your words. The words you've used are common words, words you use in everyday speech. You should try experiment a little. Choose on of those words in your poem. Get a thesaurus, and look up alternate words. It'll add a little spark to your poem, and make it a little more interesting to read. Also, maybe you should elaborate on your story line just a hair. We don't really get a feel for what the narrator is feeling WHILE she/he is telling us this. Are they sad? Are they regretful? Are they angry? Are they guilty? Are they blaming someone for their past, or themselves?

Write a little more. Think through your narrators emotions. Pick through them, find out what makes their minds tick, and why they're thinking this in the first place.

Decide what happened to make them think this way, how they think about it, what their body language is while writing this. Imagine someone sitting at a desk writing this. What they're doing as they do. Do they pause? Is this hard for them, or is it easy and just flowing out of them?

I promise, even if it's subconscious, it'll make a huge difference in the way you write.

Wonderful poem! Good job!
<3




WordsOfLove says...


thanks alot!!!




What praise is more valuable than the praise of an intelligent servant?
— Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice